Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 9,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
At the risk of getting blasted on here, I will say that there are good and bad in every race. Having said that, I cannot understand why people want to push the race thing on white folks. Bottom line is the roughest towns in the country are inner city. Inner city is another term for black. Cincinnati's worst neighborhoods for crime are black neighborhoods. Why is this?
Well...I was born and raised in Cincinnati, In the north east side. My husband was born and raised on the west side. We ended up living in east price hill/ covedale, where he was raised. In a "nice" part of town...My elderly mother was mugged in front of the library At 6pm, my car was stolen from in front of our home at 6am, our neighbor had a brick thrown through their window, My six year old son was assaulted by three 18 and 19 yr olds a block away from school. All in a quiet part of the city, nice manicured lawns, etc. what was done?? Nothing. Getused to it if you plan on living here, & this is just part of everyday life according to district three. So much for a safe city!!

Old 01-21-2009, 04:16 PM

710 posts, read 3,046,440 times
^All of the events you just described were in a very small radius, all pretty much in the same neighborhood. I don't think it is fair to extrapolate out from that to the whole city. That would be like saying "The cut in the hill on 75 has a lot of accidents, that means all of 75 has a lot of accidents"

Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 PM

710 posts, read 3,046,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
At the risk of getting blasted on here, I will say that there are good and bad in every race.
Sure

Quote:
Having said that, I cannot understand why people want to push the race thing on white folks.
What people?
What's "the race thing?"

Quote:
Bottom line is the roughest towns in the country are inner city.
That depends. Look at LA they have some really bad neighborhoods that look just like 1950s suburbs.

Quote:
Inner city is another term for black.
Not really, although I would agree that a lot of people express their racial animus against blacks by bashing the City. Inner City isn't synonymous with black, but it is used in code by many to make hateful statements without outwardly appearing to be a bigot. [which I guess means they know its wrong, if they felt it was okay they wouldn't need to disguise it]

Quote:
Cincinnati's worst neighborhoods for crime are black neighborhoods.
That isn't true. Neighborhoods with the most for Crime are Westwood, Price Hill and Avondale. While Avondale is predominately black, Westwood and Price Hill are integrated neighborhoods.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 PM

77 posts, read 195,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_to_florida View Post
Well...I was born and raised in Cincinnati, In the north east side. My husband was born and raised on the west side. We ended up living in east price hill/ covedale, where he was raised. In a "nice" part of town...My elderly mother was mugged in front of the library At 6pm, my car was stolen from in front of our home at 6am, our neighbor had a brick thrown through their window, My six year old son was assaulted by three 18 and 19 yr olds a block away from school. All in a quiet part of the city, nice manicured lawns, etc. what was done?? Nothing. Getused to it if you plan on living here, & this is just part of everyday life according to district three. So much for a safe city!!
Sorry you had such a rough time in Price Hill but folks in this area frankly either need to move or stop having the mentality of a victim and take action by joining block watch groups, CPOP etc.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:52 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by price hill will View Post
Sorry you had such a rough time in Price Hill but folks in this area frankly either need to move or stop having the mentality of a victim and take action by joining block watch groups, CPOP etc.
AMEN! That is exactly right.

There is a neighborhood summit this weekend as well at Xavier University Cintas center from 7:30am-2pm. You can find out more about it at investinneighborhoods.com this is a great time for neighborhoods & residents to get together, share information and ideas and get people motivated to be a part of a positive change in their community. Heads of many departments (including police, council members, the mayor & city manager) will be there. Just wanted to pass that one too.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:56 AM

1,009 posts, read 875,499 times
Cincinnati was the 16th most dangerous city in the United States in 2007. I'd say that it REALLY is THAT dangerous. It also was the 18th most dangerous in 2006.

Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2007 — Infoplease.com

Old 01-22-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aca1 View Post
I just wanted to start a thread about something thats been bothering me for a while. I just moved to Cincinnati not long ago, but I've visited many times and I've spent alot of time driving and walking around, so I feel I know a little about the city. My problem is that almost everyone on the posts say that Cincinnati is full of crime, only a couple of neighborhoods are safe, buy a bullet proof vest, and most of all live in the suburbs. But I challange that these people are less concerned about safety and more concerned about race. Bond Hill, Roselawn, Westwood, and others are constantly attacked as very dangerous, but there are many nice areas within these neighborhoods with nice kept homes and yards, inhabited by upper middle class black people. I personally know that it is relatively safe to walk around downtown, especially during the day, Ive done it with my family. There is crime everywhere, you can't escape it, neither can you escape the growing number of non-white minority, who will shortly become the majority. So I ask, why can't people stop moving to the suburbs, splitting thier single family homes into rentals, and abonading the wonderful city of Cincinnati before it becomes anothter detroit?

Considering that in 2001, black protestors/rioters, upset at the police began attacking random white people, pulling approximately 500 white people from their cars and savagely beating them, it would seem appropriate that whites would view Cincinnati as a place to either avoid or exercise caution if entering.

Cincinnati is far from a wonderful city, it is a dive. It was a dive before the riots, and it has remained a dive after the riots. The only thing the riots did was to show just how bad the city was.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:23 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Considering that in 2001, black protestors/rioters, upset at the police began attacking random white people, pulling approximately 500 white people from their cars and savagely beating them, it would seem appropriate that whites would view Cincinnati as a place to either avoid or exercise caution if entering.

Cincinnati is far from a wonderful city, it is a dive. It was a dive before the riots, and it has remained a dive after the riots. The only thing the riots did was to show just how bad the city was.
Whatever. Coming from someone who lives almost the furthest point away from Cincinnati. Like I would listen to you over those who currently live in the City.....

Old 01-22-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
Whatever. Coming from someone who lives almost the furthest point away from Cincinnati. Like I would listen to you over those who currently live in the City.....

Most dangerous cities, 2007-

Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2007 — Infoplease.com

16.Cincinnati, Ohio

Most dangerous cities, 2006-

Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2006 — Infoplease.com

18.Cincinnati, Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati