Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 04:41 PM

123 posts, read 157,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Pssh!

Now An "Atlanta Vs NYC" thread would be a laughing stock.
ATL is on Charlotte's level more than any of those cities you're imagining.

Its not on NYC level sir but it is one Of the Top 10 performing Metros in the USA... Please NYC wasnt in this conversation until you nieghbor K.O.N.Y dropped in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
So in the entire song that you cared not listen to.How did you come to the conclusion that they are "strutting" around like "gangsters"?.You should file it away under being "ignorant" and realize that everyone does not act like Beave Cleaver or listen to music that sounds like Lawrence Welk.

If you care not listen or enjoy it fine.Why do you feel a need to insult people becasue YOU feel they dress like gangsters?I suppose you are the "moral majority".If you have a need to try to "fix stupid" then start at home first.

I thought these were a gangsters:

Perhaps these would be more suitable for your taste.
That first fellow (originally from Brooklyn) had more people killed in a month than all the gangster rappers in Atlanta combined rap about killing in a year.

That other New Yorker pictured was a murderer that started off stealing suits from the back of trucks. But Atlanta rappers are the real hoodlums when the worst one ever did was get caught trying to buy guns.

Last edited by Galounger; 08-19-2010 at 05:32 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 05:09 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchezMugler View Post
Its not on NYC level sir but it is one Of the Top 10 performing Metros in the USA... Please NYC wasnt in this conversation until you nieghbor K.O.N.Y dropped in...
You mis-understood.
The OP said "Atlanta is a top world performer with cities like Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, New York etc."

Now, what comparison makes more sense:
ATL vs NYC/SF/Chicago
OR
ATL vs Charlotte

Hosuton and ATL is a somewhat doable comparison.

Basically, I just don't get what the big deal is comparing ATL to Charlotte. They're both rapidly growing cities located in the south east.
~

As for KONY.... He loved to hates NJ too (and I'm sure it's eating him away inside that you mentioned NJ was his neighbor). He rolls out his imaginable red carpet and spews his NYC arrogance to belittle the rest of us. He has issues.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
So...this is the mentality of so many in Atlanta.

I love Charlotte.
No my mentality is not to place myself above people I do not know.I do not allow myself to be ignorant and judgemental because I feel that I have some sort of ego trip.Unlike some I feel NO NEED to make myself appear well read ,travelled and consciously aware of issues because Im comfortable in my abilities and do not need the approval of others.That's why I live in Atlanta.Be who and what you wanna be.Don't follow the crowd.Achieve.Individualism.

I occasionally listen to rap like I ocassionally listen to Clasisical.In fact "Vide Cor Meum" was playing on my I-Phone 15 minutes ago, and now I'm listening to Carrie Underwood:

YouTube - Carrie Underwood - Don't Forget To Remember Me
So for you to like Charlotte (I can see why YOU do).Thank God I know everyone is not closed minded and ignorant.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:55 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Pssh!

Now An "Atlanta Vs NYC" thread would be a laughing stock.
ATL is on Charlotte's level more than any of those cities you're imagining.
I challenge you to tell us why you think so.Please inform us more.I'll be waiting...

Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Lyrist? Ludacris, TI, Young Dro, I-20, BOB, Oust Kast, killa mike, Goodie mob, and etc but hater is going to water down Atlanta to snap music which just started less than 5 year ago, and it don’t and never have dominate Atlanta. Heck when that welcome to Atlanta video came out snap music wasn't even a though. So pretty much their big haters with talking point that don‘t know anything about Atlanta hiphop history beyond Gucci mane, Soulja boy. I keep telling people mainstream hiphop in general is stupid these day it has nothing to with Atlanta. I'm mean look at the New York stuff "we pop champaign ohh" this is not representative of New York. But this isn’t really the topic of the thread.
Like I said, theres a few decent Atlanta rappers like Luda, TI, and Outkast. Maybe I'll even give you Goodie Mob, but Young Dro? C'mon man, I-20 fell off HARD, Killa Mike USED to be nice, not so much anymore. I thought B.O.B was from North Carolina? Don't get me wrong, New York has it's share of radio rap too, but New York is where hip-hop was created. There would be no Atlanta rap scene if it wasn't for the Bronx.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
I challenge you to tell us why you think so.Please inform us more.I'll be waiting...
You'll be waiting!?
For what? to hear that they're complete opposites with completely different histories, col's, locations, densities, demographics, metro populations, appeals etc? Were you that unaware? The comparison would be so out of whack that I'd imagine the thread to be closed in a matter of minutes. If I could, I'd laugh in the OP's face for making such a thread.

Now tell me this- What's so bizarre about comparing ATL to Charlotte?- Instead of asking me to elaborate obviousness, take a second and be realistic.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 PM

123 posts, read 157,624 times
Quote:
You mis-understood.
The OP said "Atlanta is a top world performer with cities like Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, New York etc."

Now, what comparison makes more sense:
ATL vs NYC/SF/Chicago
OR
ATL vs Charlotte

Hosuton and ATL is a somewhat doable comparison.

Basically, I just don't get what the big deal is comparing ATL to Charlotte. They're both rapidly growing cities located in the south east.
~

As for KONY.... He loved to hates NJ too (and I'm sure it's eating him away inside that you mentioned NJ was his neighbor). He rolls out his imaginable red carpet and spews his NYC arrogance to belittle the rest of us. He has issues.

Well he should have said Top 10 performers. Its Hard to put him on the ignore list..

Old 08-19-2010, 06:15 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,762 times
Quote:
No my mentality is not to place myself above people I do not know.I do not allow myself to be ignorant and judgemental because I feel that I have some sort of ego trip.Unlike some I feel NO NEED to make myself appear well read ,travelled and consciously aware of issues because Im comfortable in my abilities and do not need the approval of others.That's why I live in Atlanta.Be who and what you wanna be.Don't follow the crowd.Achieve.Individualism.

I occasionally listen to rap like I ocassionally listen to Clasisical.In fact "Vide Cor Meum" was playing on my I-Phone 15 minutes ago, and now I'm listening to Carrie Underwood:

So for you to like Charlotte (I can see why YOU do).Thank God I know everyone is not closed minded and ignorant.

Wow. You gather a lot from a couple sentences don't ya? How did you learn to become so...."non-judgemental"? lol

Issues.

Last edited by PeytonC; 08-19-2010 at 06:24 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Lol @ listening to Carrie Underwood though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City