Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM

123 posts, read 157,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Is this video supposed to be a source of pride, or SHAME? I'd file that one away under just more cRAP music and not be strutting around so proud because you got some "gangsta" in your city. I don't need to watch it, the still from the video says enough. They look like hoodlums to me.
I guess you didnt get the whole message Usher isnt hoodlum niether is Jermaine Dupri. Luda etc. Simple close minded people in this Country boy I tell you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Still mad because littlle Atlanta took over your precious hip hop scene.lol.People in France know the ATL and T.I.My tenant from Italy(Naples)is an exchange student at Georgia Tech.He noticed places that he saw in the Welcome to Atlanta video.So little or not, the ATL IS HERE TO STAY.So stop hating,its so un-becoming of a gentlemen to show you sweatin !
Atlanta time in hip hop will pass just like the west coast. And nobody is selling now in hip hop anyway. A ny rapper would seel 100,000 or so records just like somebody from the south

Atlantas legacy in hip hop will be that it put the art form in a "quality-recession" Hip hop needs ny to bail it out, and i'll admit we're not doing a very good job at it

Old 08-19-2010, 11:34 AM

492 posts, read 1,027,235 times
This country ol virginian from an ol medium sized unheard of metro, would just like to say that ......

Atlanta is the truth!! Charlotte is okay but I dont think it really compares to the ATL. And honestly I personally prefer Atlanta over NYC, even though you really cant compare ATL to NYC, one of the biggest cities in the country, either.

@KONY - ATL cant be too bad because I ran into a lot of NYC'ers there and they seemed to love it down there.

Yall take this "city" stuff a little too serious... lighten up.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
I don't think people in Charlotte think of Atlanta daily. And I don't think they take every chance they get to compare themselves to Atlanta. Maybe some people do, but I am sure majority don't.
That was my point exactly...but some ATL posters need to feel like we are all looking up to their town and hoping to be like them someday. That's okay if they really need that type of assurance.

Like it has been said a lot in this post, many in the urban development fields in Charlotte often look at Atlanta as how NOT to do things. That is a proven fact. On things like economic growth, jobs, transit, etc, sure Charlotte looks at bigger cities on how they developed those things. But the leaders are not looking ONLY at Atlanta, they see other cities like NYC, DC, etc. for those things. Those are very generic things that all big metros have, not just Atlanta. As I said before, as a whole, people in Charlotte do not emulate Atlanta, or they would live there instead. The cities are less than 200 miles apart.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,872,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Still mad because littlle Atlanta took over your precious hip hop scene.lol.People in France know the ATL and T.I.My tenant from Italy(Naples)is an exchange student at Georgia Tech.He noticed places that he saw in the Welcome to Atlanta video.So little or not, the ATL IS HERE TO STAY.So stop hating,its so un-becoming of a gentlemen to show you sweatin !
So...this is the mentality of so many in Atlanta.

I love Charlotte.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:31 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Atlanta isn't exactly a place known for the best lyricists though. You can't deny the impact Atlanta has made in hip-hop, whether thats a good thing or bad thing. Theres some decent rappers in Atlanta, but you guys pretty much created that radio rap, snap dance, annoying-ness.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:59 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Atlanta isn't exactly a place known for the best lyricists though. You can't deny the impact Atlanta has made in hip-hop, whether thats a good thing or bad thing. Theres some decent rappers in Atlanta, but you guys pretty much created that radio rap, snap dance, annoying-ness.
Lyrist? Ludacris, TI, Young Dro, I-20, BOB, Oust Kast, killa mike, Goodie mob, and etc but hater is going to water down Atlanta to snap music which just started less than 5 year ago, and it don’t and never have dominate Atlanta. Heck when that welcome to Atlanta video came out snap music wasn't even a though. So pretty much their big haters with talking point that don‘t know anything about Atlanta hiphop history beyond Gucci mane, Soulja boy. I keep telling people mainstream hiphop in general is stupid these day it has nothing to with Atlanta. I'm mean look at the New York stuff "we pop champaign ohh" this is not representative of New York. But this isn’t really the topic of the thread.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:08 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Lyrist? Ludacris, TI, Young Dro, I-20, BOB, Oust Kast, killa mike, Goodie mob, and etc but hater is going to water down Atlanta to snap music which just started less than 5 year ago, and it don’t and never have dominate Atlanta. Heck when that welcome to Atlanta video came out snap music wasn't even a though. So pretty much their big haters with talking point that don‘t know anything about Atlanta hiphop history beyond Gucci mane, Soulja boy. I keep telling people mainstream hiphop in general is stupid these day it has nothing to with Atlanta. I'm mean look at the New York stuff "we pop champaign ohh" this is not representative of New York. But this isn’t really the topic of the thread.
The only real classic albums i heard out of atlanta only came from outkast. The rest ehh

Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Atlanta is a top world performer with cities like Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, New York etc.
Pssh!

Now An "Atlanta Vs NYC" thread would be a laughing stock.
ATL is on Charlotte's level more than any of those cities you're imagining.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The only real classic albums i heard out of atlanta only came from outkast. The rest ehh
I should post lyrics and make you feel stupid "But this isn’t really the topic of the thread."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City