Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is the most important?
Bay Area 299 56.95%
Boston 100 19.05%
Philadelphia 102 19.43%
Confused 24 4.57%
Voters: 525. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:58 PM

8 posts, read 7,656 times

Advertisements

As a person whose lived all over America, I will say SF isn't a better city than Philly but The Bay is better than Philly's MSA. Philadelphia TRUMPS Boston in mostly every category due to it being like a bigger Boston. Boston is a good city but Boston's good is going up against Philly's great, and that's what makes Philly a better city than Boston. I also respect others opinions if you don't agree, but I'm sure the average american would prefer to live in Philly over boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 08:21 PM

14,012 posts, read 14,995,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Pistols! View Post
As a person whose lived all over America, I will say SF isn't a better city than Philly but The Bay is better than Philly's MSA. Philadelphia TRUMPS Boston in mostly every category due to it being like a bigger Boston. Boston is a good city but Boston's good is going up against Philly's great, and that's what makes Philly a better city than Boston. I also respect others opinions if you don't agree, but I'm sure the average american would prefer to live in Philly over boston.
Yes and Detroits Better than Boston too because it is larger, lol.
Bigger=/=better
Boston Beats Philly (without a question) in
Education
Medical care
GDP per capitia

Old 10-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Pistols! View Post
Seems you have a mental block, I said I think its better due to it being like a "Bigger Boston".

Education - yea boston beats it
Medical Care - Hell no
GDP - Philly is 5th in the nation with $388 billion even though that doesn't make it a better city. This is america, if 1 fails we all fail. Like I said in the other thread no one moves to a city because it has "A bigger gdp"..
Age - Huh??????? That make no sense because there both about the same age.
Natural Beauty - sure but Philly has better looking surroundings from the Beaches, poconos, amish county, and ect.

Like I said, I'm sure the average american would prefer to live in Philly than Boston.
LOL Boston arguably has the best Medical care in the World.
Do you know what per capitia means?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:14 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,660,661 times
key word being 'arguably'

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
LOL Boston arguably has the best Medical care in the World.
Do you know what per capitia means?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
key word being 'arguably'
Boston has the Best Medical care in North America period.
Most important
Cheers> Full house> Boy Meets world

Last edited by btownboss4; 10-09-2011 at 09:41 PM..

Old 10-10-2011, 05:57 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,660,661 times
lol. How do you know, do you spend a lot of time checking out hospitals, or are you going to try and convince us that a list from USA Today is so definitive it merits you spelling out 'period'. Baltimore and Philly both have medical schools/facilities that match/beat Boston's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Boston has the Best Medical care in North America period.
Most important
Cheers> Full house> Boy Meets world

Old 10-11-2011, 04:18 PM

2,723 posts, read 6,109,233 times
Quote:
Baltimore and Philly both have medical schools/facilities that match/beat Boston's.
Not even close.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:29 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
Quote:
No details, just fact. Philly trounces those cities. Fact. Swallow it and take it like a man.
Only a homer from Philly would say that...Philly can't compete with the other two. (imo)

Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Not even close.
Your sense of knowledge matches your username. Baltimore has Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland Medical Center. Philly has the U-Penn system which includes the oldest hospitals in the country. Boston has Massachusettes General with Harvard Medical, which is of course a top research institution as well.
BMore and Philly certainly "match" Boston in the health care facility department, if not surpassing it.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:47 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrulesallacceptit View Post
I'm confused...why is two world class cities being compared to the Bay Area?
Agree, unfair comparison unless the OP was comparing metros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City