Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The following city has the greatest influence on the rest of the U.S.A...
New York City 502 68.30%
Los Angeles 233 31.70%
Voters: 735. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 12:20 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,644,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
To answer the original question, both New York City and Los Angeles contribute to the image and essence of this country, along with other cities.
A well-reasoned, non-extreme post. What are you doing on City-Data?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 12:35 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,865,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
The difference is New York doesn't stand based on Wall Street alone.

New York is diversification at it's finest, a true melting pot, that has multiple big things happening.

Los Angeles on the other hand if it didn't have Hollywood it would be another San Diego.

Very untrue. Los Angeles has a highly diverse economy.

It is impossible to say what Los Angeles would be if the entertainment industry did not move here. Because it did. Pretty hard to dissect that influence from the growth of Los Angeles. I think it would be more than a San Diego.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:33 PM

282 posts, read 351,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
The biggest Influence is out West little kids,Been that way since California surpassed N.y as a state in the 60s.Plus California is in talks of being it's own country it's so powerful. By itself has the 7th or 8th biggest economy on earth.

And both cities & state play a huge part in the world, If New york was in Arkansas or L.A in Alabama nobody would care but Los Angeles is located in the top dog of the nation, The biggest melting pot in the America by far,Once the high speed rail is complete and Los Angeles is Connected to San Francisco to Vegas to Diego i would like to see how that influences the country.

Now let's get down to N.y.c,it's a city combined by 5 counties or boroughs to even have that population & economy, In another thread i already broke down how each N.y borough on it's own are not Alpha world cities except for Manhattan, Imagine if Los Angeles combined as multiple counties to make 1 city lol,No contest little kid, And it's not even funny how small N.y.c is compared to L.A at it's core, But let's give credit to N.y.c for being a powerhouse for years and years but now that time is over,I visit New york now and see the locals with no pride claiming Los Angeles street gangs and you seriously wanna know who has more influence lmfao foh small inferior kid....
Dumbest thing i've read in a long time.

Bangladesh has far more people than United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia and Switzerland. Do you really think Bangladesh is more important than those countries? LOL.

You really need to read some books.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:39 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,796,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
A well-reasoned, non-extreme post. What are you doing on City-Data?
I often ask myself this question haha.

Old 05-14-2015, 01:44 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,796,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
The difference is New York doesn't stand based on Wall Street alone.

New York is diversification at it's finest, a true melting pot, that has multiple big things happening.

Los Angeles on the other hand if it didn't have Hollywood it would be another San Diego.
You make it very clear you know nothing of Los Angeles.

I could have sworn I've seen you around the Los Angeles forum asking about possible areas to move to. The irony...

Old 05-14-2015, 05:16 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,672,662 times
When did i say anything about Bangladesh @UAE ?

Munchitup,I grew up in the Crenshaw district,King & Crenshaw to be exact ,what about you ?

Now Hollywood functions as it's own city but merged with Los Angeles in the 19th century, still has it's own city officials if im correct but point was Los Angeles is more defined as a county than what city officials draw as city borders ,When compared to N.y.c we're up against a city combined by 5 counties
( boroughs ) & it's more evenly matched when Los Angeles includes Beverly hills, Santa monica, Pasadena etc etc

Old 05-14-2015, 05:21 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,353,220 times
This is not even up for debate. NYC hands down, let's be realistic people......

Old 05-14-2015, 05:28 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,566,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
This is not even up for debate.
Actually, it is. For over a hundred pages.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:36 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Actually, it is. For over a hundred pages.
Realistically it's not. I'm well aware of how long the thread goes on for.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:37 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,672,662 times
Far as influence id give the edge to Los Angeles for the simple fact that Los Angeles gangs are emulated in the 5 boroughs of N.y.c plus rikers island .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City