Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:27 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,720,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
I didnt accuse you of anything, I was describing the Rochester lifestyle and job situation to another and mentioned the racism and YOU jumped out there like the hit dog calling names, and slinging insults.

You pulled the sheet of yourself Elroy.
You did accuse me. I made a reply to your blanket statement and you implied that because I was defensive, I was racist too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 02:30 PM

259 posts, read 455,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
yes and when talking about WNY you are bringing up an issue that is not the big part of the problem. Other neighboring states have several layers of useless government like WNY but are not taxed as the same rate as us..
Your taxed by your own local politicians, who the local dimwits continue to elect over and over and over again.

You know why they are so easily fooled? Because all they have to do is elude to the promise that they are going to get "THOSE PEOPLE" off welfare or lock "THOSE PEOPLE" up as a crime fighting mantra and Jed, Elroy, Guido, Earl, Danny and the whole lot of them fall for the same baloney year after years.

They have people paying $15,000 a year in school taxes and they get the same education that people in other states get for $5000 or $6000.

They will never solve their issues until all the old blood good ole boy network has died off. Hopefully sooner than later.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:31 PM

37,156 posts, read 39,441,390 times
Well, Western NY does need to find some way to become prosperous again. It's been in a rut for a while, and the worst of it has passed, but things still aren't altogether peachy.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
You did accuse me. I made a reply to your blanket statement and you implied that because I was defensive, I was racist too.

No I did not, I indicated that you appeared to take a SPECIAL interest in proving your not racist when many other topics were talked about in the thread. YOU latched onto and got defensive about the racist.

Sounds like the hit dog syndrome.

Now lets get back on topic, your efforts to follow me from thread to threat seeking drama are taking the thread off topic.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Well, Western NY does need to find some way to become prosperous again. It's been in a rut for a while, and the worst of it has passed, but things still aren't altogether peachy.

They are having so many business and political scandals right now its funny.
Corruption is deep and ingrained in the local culture.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesBloodAxe View Post
Your taxed by your own local politicians, who the local dimwits continue to elect over and over and over again.

You know why they are so easily fooled? Because all they have to do is elude to the promise that they are going to get "THOSE PEOPLE" off welfare or lock "THOSE PEOPLE" up as a crime fighting mantra and Jed, Elroy, Guido, Earl, Danny and the whole lot of them fall for the same baloney year after years.

They have people paying $15,000 a year in school taxes and they get the same education that people in other states get for $5000 or $6000.

They will never solve their issues until all the old blood good ole boy network has died off. Hopefully sooner than later.
Most of are taxes go to STATE mandates. Not local. The high tax rate is all over the state. The bulk of the taxes go to education and social programs that come from the state, not local politicians. Look at who is pushing these bills through. Downstate politicians.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Maybe this debate would be helped if y'all provided information about all this corruption and cronyism as well as evidence of what the municipal and state tax spread is.

Also, I think, if anything, downstate politicians have less than their "fair share' of political power in the state government.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe this debate would be helped if y'all provided information about all this corruption and cronyism as well as evidence of what the municipal and state tax spread is.

Also, I think, if anything, downstate politicians have less than their "fair share' of political power in the state government.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:

downstate has a higher population, and has NYC so their politicians are going to have more clout in the state government. Look at the amount of power Sheldon Silver has on a state level.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:59 PM

I don't know if it's a smiley face thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City