Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:29 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,921,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye 89 View Post
What are yall contributing, just keep going in circles with these lame arguments.
For once I agree with you. Despite the fact that nearly every post of yours Ive seen (even the 1st time ever replying to the person) you always attack people.

I dont try to start these arguments. The current one weve had at least 5 times now. Ive said the same things over and over again a hundred times, but people never listen and they always want to argue more about the same exact thing, despite the fact that what they are saying makes no sense and they are obviously wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,452,202 times
look, cleveland can have the most garbage city award if it wants it, and apparently it does. good ol cleveland.

cle440, everything's so obvious to someone who ignores 99% of everything.

buckeye89, if this is so lame, why involve yourself? lame is to not have proof, which i have plenty of. you have talk, which is a whole lotta lip and not much else.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:38 AM

174 posts, read 698,034 times
I don't attack anybody on these forums, It was a good while until i actually responded to some of the most ignorant posts and threads I've seen. As far as what hillside is saying, I don't know what your talking about because i didn't come in here pretending to know ANYTHING about Lorain or Hamilton. Because i don't know anything and i sure don't plan on to either.

But i do read the forums and there's not a day i don't see you guys arguing about crime in each others cities. It was Cincinnati vs Cleveland, Now it's Lorain vs Hamilton. Give it a break, If you guys are that fascinated with crime won't you go and commit some and help out. It's not like you actually care what's going on, And if you do won't you go actually help out or something. I don't wanna here that "oooh i post this on city-data to let the people know what's really happening" The people that post in Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland and so on forums are all from the suburbs, It don't effect them and they don't check what's going on. But here are CLE and Hillside going around and around in circles putting blisters on their fingers to out duel each other.

Give it up

Old 11-08-2008, 01:11 PM

Bottomline, Hillside started the argument and ruined this thread. First he started by making a statement that was absolutely false and he had no clue about, but acted like he did. I politely correct him at first, and even say I want no argument. Next thing you know he ruins the thread, he keeps using the same argument, keeps getting proved wrong because what he is saying is false, and recently all hes been doing is changing the subject every time hes been proven wrong. I never blame people for something unless its the truth. Hes the one that has no idea what hes talking about. Hes the one thats bringing all the negativity to this thread.

I had no intentions for this thread to turn out this way. This was supposed to be about Lorain and discussing it. This thread had nothing to do with Hamilton or Cincinnati to begin with. Hillside has admitted hes been to Lorain 1 time, and obviously knows little about it. I dont know anything about Seattle first-hand so you dont see me going in that forum acting like Im some expert, all I know is what you can look up about it, thats the most you know about Lorain. This is all I ask of you hillside, you can listen or not, please for the sake of everybody in here learn about things and places before you talk about them. If you dont know much about a place, admit that. If you think deeper about that, none of these arguments would have ever happened. But if history tells us anything, you will find some way to start another argument from this post.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye 89 View Post
I don't attack anybody on these forums, It was a good while until i actually responded to some of the most ignorant posts and threads I've seen. As far as what hillside is saying, I don't know what your talking about because i didn't come in here pretending to know ANYTHING about Lorain or Hamilton. Because i don't know anything and i sure don't plan on to either.

But i do read the forums and there's not a day i don't see you guys arguing about crime in each others cities. It was Cincinnati vs Cleveland, Now it's Lorain vs Hamilton. Give it a break, If you guys are that fascinated with crime won't you go and commit some and help out. It's not like you actually care what's going on, And if you do won't you go actually help out or something. I don't wanna here that "oooh i post this on city-data to let the people know what's really happening" The people that post in Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland and so on forums are all from the suburbs, It don't effect them and they don't check what's going on. But here are CLE and Hillside going around and around in circles putting blisters on their fingers to out duel each other.

Give it up
look buckeye, you don't know a damn thing about me, where i grew up, or what i do for a living. so until then, keep my name out your mouth.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Bottomline, Hillside started the argument and ruined this thread. First he started by making a statement that was absolutely false and he had no clue about, but acted like he did. I politely correct him at first, and even say I want no argument. Next thing you know he ruins the thread, he keeps using the same argument, keeps getting proved wrong because what he is saying is false, and recently all hes been doing is changing the subject every time hes been proven wrong. I never blame people for something unless its the truth. Hes the one that has no idea what hes talking about. Hes the one thats bringing all the negativity to this thread.

I had no intentions for this thread to turn out this way. This was supposed to be about Lorain and discussing it. This thread had nothing to do with Hamilton or Cincinnati to begin with. Hillside has admitted hes been to Lorain 1 time, and obviously knows little about it. I dont know anything about Seattle first-hand so you dont see me going in that forum acting like Im some expert, all I know is what you can look up about it, thats the most you know about Lorain. This is all I ask of you hillside, you can listen or not, please for the sake of everybody in here learn about things and places before you talk about them. If you dont know much about a place, admit that. If you think deeper about that, none of these arguments would have ever happened. But if history tells us anything, you will find some way to start another argument from this post.
i already said cleveland wins the rumpke cup, let it be.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 PM

682 posts, read 1,578,743 times
I have no opinion on this matter.... haven't read it lately either other than to see if the arguing in circles has stopped or not. But I do miss seeing it at the top of the list when I visit this forum, sooo... bump.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:11 PM

This is what Im talking about with Lorain: Republic to lay off hundreds at Lorain plant - Business – cleveland.com

This kind of stuff happens all the time. At one time the steel mills employed over 12,000 people, now its down to under 2,000.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 PM

682 posts, read 1,578,743 times
That's a shame. I'm sorry to hear that.

Just curious... why can't any of the auto companies who are building new plants locate in NE Ohio? Is it the unions? Infrastructure access? Something else?

Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,141 times
its all about the almighty dollar/profit. companies have moved south for yrs to improve profit. the next move will be a complete shut down here in the states. india,china, whats cheapeast ? and we still allow the the imports to easily flow into our country cheap, and the american cars that are exported out are priced out of the market for avg. buyers over-seas.. so many facters/reasons for the collapse here.. people should have questioned 30 yrs ago why u.s. plants were closing while honda/toyota opened plants here ! remember the profits of honda/toyota do not stay in our country...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland