Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 06:19 AM

858 posts, read 2,993,425 times

Advertisements

Stoney,....congrats on the sale; one of these days we may migrate down there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 03:11 PM

805 posts, read 2,005,017 times
Thank you, as we were coming back from the doctor's office..... with the freshly extracted contract neatly tucked in a sanitary, gallon size, zip lock bag..... my wife reminded me of just how fortunate we really are to be able to be doing what we are doing, at the tender age that we are, getting out of Dodge completely and leaving New Jersey to it's fate. Having the feeling of finality and a clear plan ahead is a good feeling.... knowing where we are going and secure in the knowledge that a better existance awaits "down there"..... and in the midst of a whole bunch of very nice people too.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:45 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,018 times
Stoney

Your wife is a very wise woman. "Youse guys" are very fortunate, but i am sure you worked your butt off, to be able to head out of joisey at a early age and both of you in good health.
This is why we all work our butts off, raise our families, and now you and wifey can enjoy a nice 25 or more year run living the lefestyle we all want.
No you can bust Lerois balls in person!!!!

Go get em Stoney

Old 01-10-2011, 04:31 AM

Dear biscuitman....

the only reason that I am ever, even occasionaly, on the straight and narrow, is because of the wisdom of my better half. Without her I would be sitting in a leaky pup tent somewhere, perhaps even next to Leroy, "wishing" for something better. We still pinch ourselves every day thinking about how different our situation could be.

Now that I have sufficiently sucked up to her in a fashion that would make a seasoned NJ politician blush.... hoping against hope that she reads this.... like my man Cool Hand Luke we are still in the process of getting our minds right about the whole thing and she is already beginning to pack for the next trip down to St James in March. Once again, we consider ourselves very fortunate indeed.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 AM

Got home from work last night at usual time, 8 pm, and i sit down to go through the mail and low and behold what do i see but a invitation from the "Southern Home Invitation" that they hold every January at the Parsippany NJ Hilton off of Route 10. This year they included 4 tickets, might take my sister this time as she wants out of Rumson where she lives.
So for anyone who follows this board and wants to meet the people from St. James Plantation and other communities down Brunswick County you might want to head up to the hotel. The weekend of Jan 22 and 23 is the date.

Pretty interesting way to kill a winter afternoon.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 AM

Leroi,

After the weekend of January 22 and 23 there will be a ton of people from NJ coming down your neck of the woods.

And their all like the people from "BEHIND THE GATE"

Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Leroi,

After the weekend of January 22 and 23 there will be a ton of people from NJ coming down your neck of the woods.

And their all like the people from "BEHIND THE GATE"

Oh? Did they also buy their homes at an extravaganza?

Old 01-11-2011, 07:04 AM

{{ Oh? Did they also buy their homes at an extravaganza ? }}

OK.... I'm going to go and lay down for a while on that one.... now my brain hurts.... gonna try and figure it out.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 01-11-2011 at 08:10 AM..

Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,360 times
Congratulations! When you come down to St. James, be sure to check out Regency Lakes. There are some great floorplans, reasonably priced and available to move into! Hagood Homes - Regency Place at St. James Plantation They also have a fabulous home in the new Woodland Park section that's available!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 AM

Thanks weezy.... we, of course, passed through Regency Lakes a few times on the way in and out of the 2nd gate. Nice area, unfortunately a bit to well travelled for us though, and a bit open / sparse on the trees as they seem to have cleared just about the entire area to put in those water features, and the homes are a bit on the small side for us. A bit further down onto the Regency Crossing area looks nice though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina