Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 10:34 AM

383 posts, read 892,222 times

Advertisements

Hi Crimson,

Thanks for the information. My wife and I went to visit our lot at St. James (Reserve) last weekend. We sat on the roof of the car on the lot and envisioned the view from our new house. Then it was off to meet with our two potential builders, walk through their houses and try to finalize a decision. I am happy to say that we are very close. Everyone down there was just so nice. It made me remember what sold us on St. James in the first place. We also went the beach club late in the afternoon and saw a group of residents hanging out and drinking wine. Hopefully our house will be completed by September and I can be an official "part-time" North Carolina resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 01:32 PM

65 posts, read 157,108 times
Hi PoneyPride,

We are moving down in mid March, we own a lot at winding river,but are also looking at St James, we would like to speak with builders. Can you give us some info on which builders you spoke to. An info would be greatly appreciated Can`t wait to have that glass of wine at the beach!

Old 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM

Hi beach lover 2,

I sent you a private message.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 AM

65 posts, read 157,108 times
Hi PonyPride,

Sorry, Been very busy getting ready for the big move. Appreciate the info. We will look into the builders. Thanks again!

Old 02-10-2012, 07:39 PM

78 posts, read 199,785 times
We finally have one foot in SJP.Today we brought a lot in the WoodlandsThanks to everyone on this forum for all the great info.

Tim

Old 02-11-2012, 06:59 AM

720 posts, read 1,709,734 times
Congratulations. The Woodlands looks like a gorgeous section.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 AM

Congratulations! Soon we will be neighbors.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:10 PM

169 posts, read 583,280 times
Pony Pride, Let me know when you get here we'll get together.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
We are visiting Southport next month to consider the area for relocation for our retirement. We will be looking at homes in SJP. Can someone tell me if the community has a seasonally based population or more of a full time resident base? If seasonal, what are the high and low seasons, please?

(if this seems a silly question, please remember that we currently live in the Phoenix area. Large population of snowbirds.)

Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,311 times
Comrads, I have a questioin and would love the opinion and thoughts from this group of future neighbors of mine. Went to dinner with the wife last night and i think i have her on board with my train of thought.
Ok, get to the point.
I presently live in New Jersey with plans to retire in 4.1 years when i hit 62. I contacted quite a few mortgage companies in Brunswick county and it appears that 30 year mortgages are at a historicaly low 3.5%, Almost free money. There are some beautiful resales in SJP that i am considering purchasing now even though i won't be down there for 4 years. These prices and mortgage rates i doubt will be this low when i am ready to do the Garden State Boogie down the Turnpike when i leave this state and i don't want to miss the opportunity that is staring me right in the face. Should i be concerned from a security perspective being i won't be down there full time?
Whats the downside of my thought process?? We could visit the house 4 weeks a year and every 3 day weekend due to Holidays etc.
I may be missing something in my thought process and i am open to criticism or negative comments.

Ok, Let me have it. Raised in Jersey City so i have thick skin.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina