Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2014, 01:21 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times

Advertisements

Shhhhhhh ! Keep this stuff under your hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 03:10 PM

158 posts, read 315,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Stoney, Robert Seidden might get upset at that comment... Ha!!!!
Hows the building going on down there, still busy????

How is your house coming along? When will it be finished?

I ran in to Robert at the Ideal Living Expo in Northern Virginia that past Saturday. He seemed pleased with the number of sales that are going on.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:13 PM

158 posts, read 315,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Busy ? Ya can't swing a New Jersey cat around here without hitting a new house going up and as a matter of fact we just got the building permit for our house on Thursday and poured the footings yesterday, the weather is now with us and I anticipate / guesstmate about 6 months. Our permit was number 382 for Brunswick county since Jan 1st and they tell me at the building dept that St James accounts for approx 65% of all the new permits in Brunswick County..... so things are bustling.
I was amazed at all of the new housing starts that I noticed between my November and February trips. Things are really hopping at SJP!

If all goes according to plan, it's "T Minus 1 year" until construction starts.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:29 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Shhhhhhh ! Keep this stuff under your hat.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotPaul View Post
I was amazed at all of the new housing starts that I noticed between my November and February trips. Things are really hopping at SJP!

If all goes according to plan, it's "T Minus 1 year" until construction starts.
Yea, i just spoke with my buddy Bob dixon who lives down there and he tells me the construction going on is unbelievable.

Word is out about SJP

Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 AM

20 posts, read 41,621 times
Hi All,

Been following the forum for some time and have found lots of great information and many amusing threads. My husband and I are in our mid 50s. We were doing some exploration of possible retirement locations and after we visited SJP, my husband said, "That's it, I don't need to look any further." We did look further but couldn't stop thinking about SJP so we bought a lot last summer! Now my husband is putting the finishing touches on our home so that we can sell, build and get on down there. I look forward to meeting many of you when we do. Not sure when our next trip will be but will keep in touch. Thanks for all the great information and laughs.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissearay View Post
Hi All,

Been following the forum for some time and have found lots of great information and many amusing threads. My husband and I are in our mid 50s. We were doing some exploration of possible retirement locations and after we visited SJP, my husband said, "That's it, I don't need to look any further." We did look further but couldn't stop thinking about SJP so we bought a lot last summer! Now my husband is putting the finishing touches on our home so that we can sell, build and get on down there. I look forward to meeting many of you when we do. Not sure when our next trip will be but will keep in touch. Thanks for all the great information and laughs.
Mid 50's and you can pull the trigger!!!!

I tip my hat to you and your husband that you can exit the rat race at such a young age. Great for you guys......

I'm getting close, turn 60 on St Pattys day......

Doubt i can last up here in the tundra another 2 years.....

Enjoy....

Old 03-07-2014, 11:51 AM

20 posts, read 41,621 times
Long time state of CT employees and we both worked 2 jobs for many years, but, yes, still fortunate! Husband no works part-time seasonal and I work part-time in a job I can do from anywhere so that helps. Hang in there the 2 years will fly by!

Old 03-08-2014, 11:30 AM

Old 03-10-2014, 05:36 AM

39 posts, read 102,464 times
We have been looking at some of the existing properties for sale at SJP on line and there seems to be some excellent deals. We have also visited properties in Hampstead; Porter's Neck; Wilmington; and Leland on our previous visits. We are concerned about the travel time to Wilmington from SJP. We have seen several estimates on the travel time. What is the best route and travel time from SJP to Wilmington Trader Joe/Whole Foods area by some of you residents? The internet sites don't always give accurate information.

We are also exploring the idea of taking advantage of the 2night/3day package to explore SJP, any comments on the package? We plan to spend an entire week in Wilmington looking for houses from Hampstead to Southport. Any suggestions for a place to stay after we check out of SJP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina