Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2014, 07:14 AM

10 posts, read 19,387 times

Advertisements

The SJP 2 night/3 day package is excellent. I believe it's $179 but includes a $50 coupon to spend anywhere on site or golf for 2. You schedule some time to speak with a Real Estate Agent-low pressure just a nice tour of the area. I would recommend Geoff Wright-we have purchased two properties from him-good guy. If you schedule your time around one of their sales events (have about 8 a year I would guess) they have open bar and finger foods on Friday night for about two hours and a dinner/open bar on Saturday for 3-4 hours. All included in the $179 so it's a great deal. They rotate these events throughout the area, Marina, Clubhouses, Beach etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple View Post
We have also visited properties in Hampstead; Porter's Neck; Wilmington; and Leland on our previous visits. We are concerned about the travel time to Wilmington from SJP.
Have you considered The Village at Motts Landing? They sell "retirement smart" homes. It is south of Monkey Junction at Sanders and River Road, and it more convenient for shopping in Wilmington.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:59 PM

169 posts, read 583,038 times
I just posted the March Cat-Tales to the POA website. bill

Old 03-11-2014, 07:06 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcandKat View Post
The SJP 2 night/3 day package is excellent. I believe it's $179 but includes a $50 coupon to spend anywhere on site or golf for 2. You schedule some time to speak with a Real Estate Agent-low pressure just a nice tour of the area. I would recommend Geoff Wright-we have purchased two properties from him-good guy. If you schedule your time around one of their sales events (have about 8 a year I would guess) they have open bar and finger foods on Friday night for about two hours and a dinner/open bar on Saturday for 3-4 hours. All included in the $179 so it's a great deal. They rotate these events throughout the area, Marina, Clubhouses, Beach etc.
went with another couple last year for that weekend tour. It was fabulous. She bought in SJP and we bought in Ocean Ridge. The tours of the model homes is wonderful. We saw Robert Sidden. Nice guy. Every Fall Brunswick County holds a Parade of Homes (google that) where about 52 homes from over 12+ builders are showcased all around Brunswick county. Three days during the weekend for two weekends. ususally in October I think. We got to meet homeowners, builders, saw beautiful homes. Even videod and took still pics - 400 of them!! Really helped us out a lot!! Email if you need anything further. We plan to move maybe 3 years. We love our lot.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:42 PM

59 posts, read 137,246 times
We did the weekend tour too and ended up buying our lot. Our rep was Eddie Addison and he's been great through our ordeal (we had a couple snafus but it all worked out with Eddie's help). The last weekend in April/first weekend in May Wilmington is having a home show. I don't know if St James is participating but you'll be able to check out different communities, homes and builders.

Also, on our first trip there, we left an appointment on Military Cutoff Road near turnoff for Wrightsville Beach around 4:45 pm, stopped at Sams Club for gas, and got to the gates at SJP by 5:30. This was during the week in September at rush hour. Not a bad drive at all.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Wink St James Plantation - Golf Membership Info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDregs View Post
I just posted the March Cat-Tales to the POA website. bill

You've been in SJP a bit now - can you tell me what the scale is for membership to the golf course(s)? I have a friend here at work that is very interested in buying in SJP - but wants to know what the prices for membership, social membership are now? Thanks forum buddy!!::

Old 03-13-2014, 11:38 AM

169 posts, read 583,038 times
Actually, I don't know. When I was golfing I was a pay-as-you-go golfer, never looked into golf membership. Stony ought to know though.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:13 PM

10 posts, read 19,387 times
Default St James Membership Question

Hi Miss Nancy;
Saw your post inquring about costs for Membership at St. James. It varies, the Signature is $30,000 and the social is $20,000 ( I believe ) which is quite a bit. I will say this, if you are planning on building the membership comes with the property and many of the re-sales (if they were original owners) can be transferred over. We have bought two properties in the past couple of years at SJP and both came with Signature Memberhips-only had to pay a $500 transfer fee. We are not there full-time so we pay $105 a month in non-resident membership fee-I think it goes up to $180 when you are there full-time but I am not 100% sure on that. As far as golf goes, without the specific golf membership you pay anywhere from $45 to $75 a round at Founders, Members or Players (all great courses) or $100 at Reserve. Reserve is great but I don't think it's worth the extra money. Single golf membership is $365 and family is $495. With the Memberships you can play at any of the courses, use all of the pools (not sure about Harbor Walk though-may be just for residents) and gym, beach club etc. and eat at any of the restaurants at the clubhouses. Without any membership you have access to the beach club and Tommy Thompsons restaurant in the marina and I believe can golf at the courses as a resident at a slightly higher cost. Hope this helps.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:03 PM

59 posts, read 137,246 times
We just purchased our lot last year and had a choice between paying initiation fee of $30,000 or $15,000 for Club membership. As was explained to us, the difference is that with the $30,000 membership, if you move from SJP then 80% will be refunded. There are no refunds with the $15,000 membership. In addition, while reviewing the Club membership packet, I noticed that some memberships do not include access to The Reserve Club and course. I can't remember if that was just the older memberships or the $15k membership too. There are three kinds of membership: golf, tennis, and social and each depends on resident/nonresident. Like MarcandKat, we have the social nonresident membership and that enables us to use all facilities except for the tennis courts. I think only the tennis membership allows you to play tennis, but I am not sure. Hope this helps

Old 03-13-2014, 05:26 PM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
I am probably violating some pinky-swear oath ... but here are links to my dropbox account for SJP golf info. The first document is FAQ; the 2nd is the price structure. For some reason, getting this info before you are a home/land owner (or visiting their office in person) is difficult.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wilirx7caa...01_01_2012.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pxjv6ovhy...for%202013.pdf

Gatorbyter

Last edited by Gatorbyter; 03-13-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina