Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 08:46 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times

Advertisements

^ I will say that I have zero problem with someones sexual orientation, straight, gay whatever. I have many gay friends..with that said...I'm not really sure how this place expects the current customers to keep coming to the Tipsy Teapot if it's going to be a gay club as well. Just sayin' The tipsy teapot might as well be closing IMO.

Last edited by jpirate; 09-05-2014 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 08:55 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
The only people I know who frequent the TT probably won't care about this. I don't know if that's representative of their customer base at large, but judging from the other bumper stickers I see whenever I see a Tipsy Teapot sticker I don't think it's a stretch.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:25 AM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Limelight bar has bought Tipsy Teapot downtown.

The Daily Reflector
I was thinking that this would be a good thing. Tipsy has been largely complacent and a change would be welcome and then I read that they're basically keeping everything the same????? I have to agree that they might as well have closed it. This could be a jewel in the downtown area but I wonder if it was sold in the hopes that the new owners would not change it much, which is sad because it badly needs to be rebranded and restructured. I wish Matt from the Scullery would have opened up another restaurant that was a high end version of Scullery. Oh well. Unless they do actually make some substantial changes to the "menu" and atmosphere, I'm sure it will be just a stale as before. Hopefully there is more change to come.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
wow, I always thought Tipsy Teapot was some hidden jem based on all the articles I've read online. I've never been so I have no clue about it on personal experience. If it is as you all say, then maybe the change won't be terrible.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:56 AM

277 posts, read 436,275 times
Garnet, any updated photo of the boundary this week?

Also, how do you feel about living in a sea of Pirates this week? Most of us were pulling for the OBC last week...

Old 09-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGoodBearBad View Post
Garnet, any updated photo of the boundary this week?

Also, how do you feel about living in a sea of Pirates this week? Most of us were pulling for the OBC last week...
I'm used to it in general but this week's a bit different; not gonna lie, we see the Pirates as a challenge. One I think we'll overcome, but scheduling ECU is not scheduling a creampuff anymore like what was expected in 2011 and 2012. ECU and Duke are easily the best football teams in NC right now (who'd have ever thunk it?!). That said though, Gamecock nation imploded after last week's loss to A&M and this team has had 9 days of the Fear of Spurrier put in them. It's gonna be interesting...

I don't have a new photo for this week yet. Soon as I get one I'll post it though.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
wow, I always thought Tipsy Teapot was some hidden jem based on all the articles I've read online. I've never been so I have no clue about it on personal experience. If it is as you all say, then maybe the change won't be terrible.
It's just a hangout for hippies as far as I can tell. There's not really another one so those who go there love it. If you're not into that kind of thing you probably won't be impressed.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:57 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
^ I will say that I have zero problem with someones sexual orientation, straight, gay whatever. I have many gay friends..with that said...I'm not really sure how this place expects the current customers to keep coming to the Tipsy Teapot if it's going to be a gay club as well. Just sayin' The tipsy teapot might as well be closing IMO.
I have ZERO idea what their plan is. But if they're "Tipsy Teapot" during the day and "Limelight" at night, that is getting twice as much out of the building, vs. each one on their own. Just think of all the bars downtown that generate zero traffic before 10pm.

I never went to Limelight, but I never heard any bad news events occurring there either. As far as I am concerned, it should be welcomed there. There is basically zero foot traffic on Evans St between 5th/4th at night as of now. Maybe this will help bring other businesses to the area.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:06 PM

It's not a bad demographic to attract to downtown either. I don't envision much drive-bys, murders, and stabbings going down outside that club.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 PM

155 posts, read 235,204 times
Only been to TT for lunch a number of times. I liked the laid back, quiet atmosphere. I will agree it's more of a hangout for hippie-types. The food has always been ok to me - no issues there. It's an eclectic kind of place. I know nothing about Limelight and nothing I've ever seen at lunchtime makes me think TT is a gay hangout either. Interesting. I knew they were looking for a buyer though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina