Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times

Advertisements

I'm speaking more of less "hood stores" and more legit ones. Call me naive, but I think Greenville with the surrounding population base could house "better" stores. I'm not talking about Saks (obviously) or anything on that level. But the Abercrombie (if that is still a popular store) and the like. J. Crew etc.

I really think we could, but we rather have that crap that is currently in there, scaring everyone away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 06:33 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,389 times
Other than the one large vacant department store (old Steve and Barry's), I think the mall is doing better than it was 4 or 5 years ago. I agree though, you'd think the likes of Abercrombie and Hollister would be in the mall.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM

77 posts, read 150,826 times
How about a Macy's even? We really can't do any better than JcPenney/Belk/Kohl's? Seriously?

Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM

Currently, there isn't a site large enough for a Macy's - someone would have to develop a site.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Pitt-Greenville Airport is expanding their runway. Hopefully we'll be able to get more flights, bigger planes and cheaper prices.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:30 PM

DAE think we could support those mid to (lower) upper stores? There are 30k+PCC students who want those things, plus the middle/upper class who wants those type stores. Isn't the mall managed by an outside group? IIRC the/a mall in Myrtle Beach had the same type logos. We need to break that lease (if we can) and find something better.

I know we can't support some stores, but I refuse to believe we can't do better. That "lot" across from the Exchange/Landing would be perfect for a new better mall.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:00 PM

38 posts, read 96,472 times
does anyone know what they are putting next to sears?

Old 01-22-2011, 02:08 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I know we can't support some stores, but I refuse to believe we can't do better. That "lot" across from the Exchange/Landing would be perfect for a new better mall.
You have to give Greenville time. These are extremely trying times for CRE (commercial real estate). I don't think there are many (if any, I couldn't find any on Google) malls under construction in the United States at this time.

The trend in malls lately has been to build exactly what Greenville has at Galleria 11. Larger stand alone stores all grouped together. I know it seems kinda strange but this is actually how it used to be done before they started putting roofs on top.

Greenville's demographics aren't the best in the world either. A small population coupled with below average incomes and a high unemployment and poverty rate doesn't exactly get the people at Macy's all excited.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:35 AM

Ironically, there is an article in the Reflector about the mall tenants shifting. Apparently Lane Bryant and Gap are leaving the mall and being replaced by other stores.

Wonder if those two stores, along with Kirklands, will end up at 11 Galleria.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
did the story say anything else?
& with these tenants shifting and leaving something must be planned for new tenants.
the recession is pretty much over (economic wise) so those stores shouldn't take too much time to fill.
in my opinion they should demolish the old steve and berry's and rebuild that part of the mall into a open center with 2 story shops, very similar to how it is at the triangle town center where barnes and nobles is, & some othee stores around that area. The only reason why I say that is because recession or not it will be hard to find a anchor to fill that space.
they seriously need to re-do the wing by the men belk too, it's pathetic..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina