Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 11:16 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times

Advertisements

I don't see how they would need all that space for only the Nissan franchise. Maybe they are bringing Infiniti to Greenville?

It would be nice to see Infiniti/Lexus/Mercedes represented here, especially since Kinston has BMW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 04:34 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvillejb View Post
The Old Circuit City is going to become a Sleepy's mattress store, Kirklands Home and a Petco store.
Interesting that Kirklands is trying again, after leaving several years ago (in the building now Carolina Ale House). Good to see Petco, IMO.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:52 PM

16 posts, read 25,662 times
According to "The Daily Reflector" the Chipotle Mexican Grill is coming to the former O'Charley's location

Chipotle lovers, rejoice! The popular fast-casual Mexican grill chain finally is opening a location in Greenville, years after rumors of its arrival first began circulating locally.
A spokesman for Greenville-based Brodyco commercial real estate developer has verified that Chipotle has signed a lease for space in the former O’Charley’s restaurant at 610 S.E. Greenville Blvd. The free-standing building is near PetSmart and Michael’s.

Brodyco will subdivide the brick building, and Chipotle will be located in a portion of the space. Another tenant is being sought.
The Brodyco representative said Chipotle is slated to open in fall or winter of 2014.
Chipotle, headquartered in Denver, Colo., specializes in burritos and tacos using organic ingredients and naturally raised meats. The chain has more than 1,500 company-owned locations globally.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
well ^ that is a better location for them instead of the quiznos spots. Leave it to WNCT to blow the earlier report.

I drove down 10th street today on the way to the medical district, amazing what the 10th street connector is going to do for the city...the number of buildings knocked down already is an improvement.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM

145 posts, read 266,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paj0922 View Post
According to "The Daily Reflector" the Chipotle Mexican Grill is coming to the former O'Charley's location

Chipotle lovers, rejoice! The popular fast-casual Mexican grill chain finally is opening a location in Greenville, years after rumors of its arrival first began circulating locally.
A spokesman for Greenville-based Brodyco commercial real estate developer has verified that Chipotle has signed a lease for space in the former O’Charley’s restaurant at 610 S.E. Greenville Blvd. The free-standing building is near PetSmart and Michael’s.

Brodyco will subdivide the brick building, and Chipotle will be located in a portion of the space. Another tenant is being sought.
The Brodyco representative said Chipotle is slated to open in fall or winter of 2014.
Chipotle, headquartered in Denver, Colo., specializes in burritos and tacos using organic ingredients and naturally raised meats. The chain has more than 1,500 company-owned locations globally.
That makes a lot more sense. I didn't think that the former Quiznos strip mall would be the best location since it is an older building and in my opinion would need a lot of renovating to update it since all the Chipotle locations I have been to are all very nice new construction buildings.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
well ^ that is a better location for them instead of the quiznos spots. Leave it to WNCT to blow the earlier report.

I drove down 10th street today on the way to the medical district, amazing what the 10th street connector is going to do for the city...the number of buildings knocked down already is an improvement.
I had the same thought about that location. Doesn't seem updated enough for Chipolte. At least now they can start fresh.

I know it is amazing how much just knocking down the old buildings can make a difference in an area. I think we will see a lot of new construction down there once the connector is completed. It's really going to be amazing to see how that district turns out.

I am very interested to see what Mayor Thomas was talking about on his facebook page where he said that there is a series of announcements about the commercial and uptown districts coming in January. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? I can't stand having to wait to find out. Very excited!

Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
The owner of Greenville Nissan has put a bid to buy the Pitt County Schools Bus Garage located near the Movie Theater on Greenville Blvd.

The last thing we need is ANOTHER car dealership on Greenville Blvd, unless it is a higher end car dealership.
I thought that I heard a while back that the BrodyCo was looking into buying that to expand the 11 Galleria shopping center. I was really hoping that it would help expand the commercial development further down Greenville Blvd and improve access to 11 Galleria. Anyone heard anything new about if BrodyCo still has a bid for the property?

Old 01-08-2014, 12:37 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Just because the Nissan dealership wants to buy it, doesn't mean they intend on using it. They might want to control whom their neighbor will be by re-selling or leasing the land. They might make a nice profit by sitting on it or developing it for other purposes. Or maybe they'd rather move over to a corner location.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:56 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
I was really hoping that it would help expand the commercial development further down Greenville Blvd and improve access to 11 Galleria. Anyone heard anything new about if BrodyCo still has a bid for the property?
BrodyCo already has access to Greenville Blvd from 11 Galleria via Parcel #04604 if they were interested in doing that .

Old 01-10-2014, 07:03 AM

18 posts, read 25,270 times
Saw a sign in the door of the old Daily Grind restaurant that said "Ribeyes Steakhouse coming soon and now hiring". I've never eaten there but I have heard from many that it is really good. I still think that is a great location for a restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina