Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 05:42 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
When the Norfolk intersection was built is interesting to know. It seems odd and out of place now, but it would have made more sense before there was 64.
I think one would work pretty well in Greenville, but the ROW needed at Greenville Blvd/10th might be put a halt to that, if not the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 08:43 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I'm not sure I'd agree with that. 250 newly created positions with an average salary of 93k seems like a big loss to me. That's enough to make a solid impact on Greenville's economy, IMO. 20 million in yearly salaries would have be great to have for pretty much every entity in the city.

I guess the saying "You can't miss what you never had" would apply, but I would have loved to have seen this company expand in Greenville instead of moving to Raleigh.
Agree, it bothers me a bit that the articles on this trumpet this as the continued growth and attractiveness of Raleigh and Wake County but fail to mention that it detracts from another part of the state. I realize the company can do whatever it wants but I take a little umbrage with painting this as an outside company moving into the state. There are taxpayer dollars being used to broker this arrangement, Wake county's gain is at the expense of Pitt county.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:51 AM

ECU names new police chief - Daily Reflector

Old 07-28-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
Agree, it bothers me a bit that the articles on this trumpet this as the continued growth and attractiveness of Raleigh and Wake County but fail to mention that it detracts from another part of the state. I realize the company can do whatever it wants but I take a little umbrage with painting this as an outside company moving into the state. There are taxpayer dollars being used to broker this arrangement, Wake county's gain is at the expense of Pitt county.
I'm not surprised. Eastern NC usually gets screwed. It's not like Wake County is in dire need of jobs. Their neighbors to the east, on the other hand...

Old 07-29-2017, 06:46 AM

Upcoming traffic shift on 14th Street.

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/...s.aspx?r=14160

Quote:
GREENVILLE—Motorists traveling on 14th Street in Greenville will encounter a temporary traffic shift starting Monday, July 31, so a Department of Transportation contractor can repave the roadway, install sidewalks and upgrade utilities.

“We’re going to move southbound traffic over to the northbound side, leaving one lane open in each direction,†said Greenville Assistant Resident Engineer Jason Beasley. “At the end of the day, we will have a much safer roadway for both motorists and pedestrians.â€

The traffic shift to a single lane in each direction will be in place from 8 a.m. Monday, until mid-August. There won’t be any detours; however, motorists can use 14th Street, Dickson Avenue and Memorial Drive as an alternate route. Drivers should anticipate needing extra time to travel through the area.

Transportation officials urge motorists to use caution while traveling through the work zone. For real-time travel information, visit DriveNC.gov or follow NCDOT on Twitter.

Old 07-29-2017, 06:56 PM

378 posts, read 419,093 times
http://prntscr.com/g1zkt5

This is my idea for 14th st when they plan in the future.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:01 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Mayoral candidate inspired by God - Daily Reflector

I'm just leaving this here.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:05 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Quote:
So he's going to build a 75k stadium, give free baths in the Tar River, and build an amusement park??

If he throws in some of his aunt's chicken, he's got my vote!!

Old 07-31-2017, 06:17 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:

He does have a couple of realistic goals but most of it is unattainable with his funding plan.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:16 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Quote:
Mayoral candidate inspired by God - Daily Reflector

I'm just leaving this here.
Best thing I've read in weeks. Hahahaha. I want some of whatever he smoked before giving that interview. hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina