Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 05:26 PM

289 posts, read 776,369 times

Advertisements

I'm sure Josseppie is crying in his popcorn.....The Thumderwolves traveled to Durango and lost to 1-4 Fort Lewis by a score of 23-22.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 05:25 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Go Here View Post
I'm sure Josseppie is crying in his popcorn.....The Thumderwolves traveled to Durango and lost to 1-4 Fort Lewis by a score of 23-22.
So true. I finally pulled myself from exile.

There was no excuse for this loss as every part of the team played bad. From special teams fumbling 3 times to the missed passes. Sad day.

That being said that happens and CSU Pueblo is still in the playoff hunt they just need to regroup and win at home this weekend against Chadron. Just possibly this will be a good thing as it shows the players yes they can lose. Much better to lose this game then a playoff one.

Now CSU Pueblo did drop to 14th in the nation.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Face it. Their season is done.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Face it. Their season is done.
The season is far from done. Now every game becomes a must win if they want to make the playoffs and its unlikely they will play at home.

Honestly I had not realized how many players were out due to injury.

I do not have a link but this is what Jim Brooks, radio voice of the CSUP T-Wolves said:

"Perhaps it was fitting the way the weather turned out yesterday in Durango. The storm clouds have been been building all around the Thunderwolves for the past month. Finally yesterday lightning struck in a big way. Not even AC/DC's Thunderstruck bellowing thru an empty stadium an hour before kickoff would be enough to carry the Pack through this one. I have been asked over and over what is wrong with CSU-Pueblo's once vaunted offense. To me it doesn't require rocket science. It's injuries plain and simple. It all started this summer when "the Coop Show" Deontrae Cooper went down with a season ending injury in summer 7 on 7 game. At the time you say to yourself well Coop is a nice #3 option but surely depth would win out. Then starting offensive tackle Austin Payne went down. Normally when you lose a frontline OT shock waves should resonate with all those who are fans of the game. But again depth should win out we all thought and the way the Pack performed in weeks one and two made you forget about this huge loss. Then the big one. Heart and soul of Thunderwolves football team is WR Paul Browning. Whenever QB Chris Bonner or former starter Ross Dausin needed a key play they always relied on #81 to make it. Couple his loss with the balky hamstring of home run threat Kieren Duncan it has put Bonner into a major league funk. To top it off last week OL Trevon Lewis was lost for the season with a broken leg. It has all combined to form a perfect storm which finally unleashed its fury in a big time way yesterday afternoon in Durango. Up until yesterday the Pack offense has had its brethren on defense bail them out and pull out a couple of wins out with stellar play. But yesterday it became just too much to ask one more time as the Skyhawks dominated the time of possession and basically wore down the Thunderwolves in the end. But even with all this working against them it took a couple of truly squirrelly special teams plays to sink CSU-Pueblo and end their improbable 42 game regular season winning streak. Where do they go from here? First of all the health of starting tight end Trent Thompson must be answered after leaving with a shoulder/collar bone injury late Saturday. Duncan should be good to go this week against Chadron. There is outside shot Browning may play as well although I am being told it will be two weeks for him. If and when they do come back it will answer the question just how much did they mean to QB Bonner. We all want to believe this loss will be the wake up call the Thunderwolves need. But I am a realist. Chadron State and Mines are high powered offensive machines. It most certainly will be too much to ask for the Pack defense to hold these too teams to around 20 points in hopes the offense will somehow scrape enough points together to win it. In my opinion it is imperative the offense kick it into gear and put up back to back 30 spots. If Browning and Duncan are back I see no reason this can't happen. When you move the chains you keep your defense fresh. And each time those chains move your offense gains more and more confidence which usually leads to points on the board. As I pointed out at the top It isn't rocket science. But it does require some high octane fuel. The past three years the playoffs started in December. This year the playoffs start in October. Buckle up!"

Old 10-16-2014, 04:55 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Chadron State has a good club. Colorado Mesa is in my area and got beat by them a few weeks ago 24-13. CSU-Pueblo plays Colorado Mesa here on 11/8. For the first time in years Colorado Mesa has been playing good ball, right now they are at 4-2, the same record Chadron State does.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:03 PM

CSU Pueblo had two receivers back, Browning and Duncan, who had a great game and helped Pueblo beat Chadron easily by a score of 41-13. Plus it was homecoming and the attendance was about 8,900 people.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:30 PM

CSU Pueblo beat the Mines and will make the playoffs. I am partying and enjoying the victory. Later I will have a longer editorial post on much needed win!

Old 10-28-2014, 04:39 PM

Now that CSU Pueblo beat the Mines they are in a good place for the playoffs. In fact the first regional poll came out and CSU Pueblo is ranked number 2. That is good because this poll will decide who is in the playoffs and who has a bye and home games. There will be a new one out every week now till the end of the season. If Pueblo can at least retain the number 2 spot we will have a first round BYE and host the second round.

I am very confident as it seems like the team will be in peak health and performance as the playoffs start and that is want you want to see.

The poll:

SUPER REGION FOUR

1 Ferris St. 8-0 8-0
2 Colorado St.-Pueblo 6-1 7-1
3 Ohio Dominican 6-1 6-1
4 Colorado Mines 7-1 7-1
5 Indianapolis 7-0 7-1
6 Michigan Tech 6-1 6-1
7 Ashland 7-1 7-1
8 Tex. A&M-Commerce 5-1 6-2
9 Chadron St. 5-2 5-3
10 Angelo St. 5-2 5-2

Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Today is the next home game as Pueblo will host Black Hills at 2 PM. This is a must win game and I will post a few pictures tonight.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:54 PM

CSU Pueblo won 49-7. I will post a picture or two later tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football