Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2011, 08:43 PM

11,284 posts, read 11,053,466 times

Advertisements

Will Paterno see the inside of a cell? Will he feel anyone knocking on his backdoor?

Sandusky sure will!

Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,937,406 times
they will put Sandusky in controlled environment--he would be killed the first time he went into general population I bet...
there are probably some PSU fans in the lockup who might not appreciate that Sandusky has called down all this wrath on Paterno

Old 11-10-2011, 09:10 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,641,475 times
Due to multiple threats made against Assistant Coach Mike McQueary, the University has decided it would be in the best interest of all for Assistant Coach McQueary not to be in attendance at Saturday's Nebraska game.

Penn State University Official Athletic Site - Football

Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM

Anyone who says this situation has "nothing to do" with Penn State football is living in la-la land...
You are floating along on da'nial...It may not have anything to do with the PLAYERS of the Penn State team but the power of Penn State football and its protective cloaking device is what allowed Sandusky to escape the net during the 98 investigation--not to mention most of the evil that he was doing when he was a coach and working with the Second Mile organization...

And it could have been stopped by Paterno...at any point!
Anyone who thinks that Joe Paterno did not have the power to say "I think Mike's story is pretty true...I want to get to the bottom of this...We need to prevent Sandusky from coming on campus and call the police to investigate the charges..."
If he had done that in 02 he would not be the sleeze he is perceived today...
he would have shown the world that he actually lived in deed what he espoused with his slogans...

what world are you living in to think you can separate these deeds from Penn State football--
that program has a blight that is worse than steroids or illegal recruiting could ever be...

what kind of role model is McQueary?
is that the behavior that you want YOUR son or grandson, your future son in law or coach of your son's team to emulate???
pass the buck and don't stick your neck out???
yeah--real character building going on there....

Sandusky is going to try to blame the victims but there is too much evidence at this stage for that to work...and they are going to get more evidence before he goes to trial...
from what I know about pedophiles--most of them love momentos of their relationships--
I bet somewhere Sandusky has some videos or photos tucked away
I am surprised we have not had "rumors" of those...

I guess it is just the power of Paterno's legend a great coach and his aura of such a caring human being that has really kept anyone from suggesting he was more involved than we know...

Old 11-10-2011, 09:21 PM

53 posts, read 84,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Due to multiple threats made against Assistant Coach Mike McQueary, the University has decided it would be in the best interest of all for Assistant Coach McQueary not to be in attendance at Saturday's Nebraska game.

Wow, sooner than I thought. Thanks for posting this. Just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,899,400 times
I wonder if Sandusky's wife knew what he was doing? Hell how could she not... And how could she stay with him... and his own kids, did they know? I mean he brought these boys around everyone... His arrogance is appalling all the way around...

Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,260,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post

Just fire him already. First off, he should have been one of the first fired anyways. Secondly, he'll never be able to coach again obviously, so just cut ties with the scum bag already. I can't understand why their even letting him stick around, its appalling.

Also, I love how on the news PSU fans were trying to make a point that by firing Joe Paterno their going to sit down on Saturday when the part of their alma mater "May no act of ours bring shame" comes on. Someone said that the univeristy is going against that by putting shame on Joe and firing him and everyone else because of an act(s) they all did. Um, no dumbasses, the line means that anyone who represents the university shall not do an act to bring shame on the university

Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,641,475 times
Listen to the last line spoken in this video clip. All the victims in this story needed just A Few Good Men to help them, instead they got A Few Cowards, and nothing more.

A Few Good Men - Fight for People - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 PM

I read that all of Sandusky's children are adopted--but I don't know how many are male vs female...
this is an interesting article from Slate about Sandusky's involvement with children and how he was lionized in the press for his efforts--before everyone's eyes were opened

Jerry Sandusky Profile: The Most Unfortunate One Ever Written

pedophiles see children as targets of opportunity--especially if a particular child matches their predilections
most children who are abused by their parents don't speak out--some that try to are ignored or shamed into retracting their statements...
so it is likely that Sandusky might have involved his children in this--of course they are adults now and so far none of them have come forward to claim abuse...many children repress that knowledge for a lifetime rather than deal with the schism of self/family/love that revealing it would cause

I bet the odds are that if the truth ever really floated to the top Jerry Sandusky was abused as a child--maybe by someone close to him--like a relative or a coach
the history of many child preditors often contains a history of early abuse

and I guess I really find it so hard to believe that no one knew about this before the last 90s when that one mom questioned why her son came home with wet hair--
most pedophiles start their abusive behavior when they become sexualized--and they just don't stop because they grow out of it...
but I think the power of Penn State probably kept most people quiet about complaining...

Old 11-10-2011, 09:58 PM

timeline for Sandusky's know abuse history--
How the Penn State child sex-abuse scandal transpired - PhotoGallery - Chicago Sun-Times

I had forgotten about the incident the custodian saw...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football