Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I see it more along the lines as Paterno admitted he should've done more to stop what was happening, how much did he REALLY know? NONE of us know that.

I just have a difficult time condemning someone like Paterno who has done so much for Penn State and for college football in general. It isn't like he doesn't care about the kids, if you know anything about Joe Paterno you should know how much he cared for every single one of his players both on and off the field. If you've read interviews with any of Paterno's players, they'll be the first to tell you how awesome an individual he is and how much they respect him. He IS an all-around great human being who made an error, I just can't condemn him for being human.

Sandusky can burn in hell for all I care, he's obviously sick and he should fry.
it doesn't matter what he did for football if he sacrificed his humanity to get it done.

you can't tell me with a straight face that IF IT WAS HIS CHILD raped in that shower he would have just gone to the next in command, and then not followed up.

nobody can.

his "being human" cost a lot of little boys their innocence later on-but it wasn't just him. it was a failure of the entire college football system at penn state.

shame, shame, shame.

i still wonder about the parents, and their lack of follow up as well.

i wonder what is happening to the moral compass of this country. i am sure that the penn state turnout will be just as big as always, if not bigger, and that's a damn shame.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-11-2011 at 03:22 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,444,557 times
I'm sorry Joe Pa but you failed everybody today. You let down your university, yourself, and most of all, you let down those little boys who were being molested mercilessly by your "friend and colleague"...that you were told of these dastardly crimes, and did the bare minimum, SAW that nothing was being done and your buddy was still out merrily raping and ruining little boys for years afterwards...I'm just so revolted by this. I dont care how many championships you've won, or how many students graduated under your watch, screw that crap. You failed the basic test of humanity here. You stood by and let atrocities happen. Under your watch. Burn in hell.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:52 PM

235 posts, read 510,756 times
Looks like McQueary has been placed on administrative leave.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:38 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGMetroWest View Post
Looks like McQueary has been placed on administrative leave.

Good if Joe Pa is being screwed so should the assistant-it is also being reported that the assistants dad was friends with Sardusky...so maybe that is why McQueary didn't report what he saw to the police....

Old 11-11-2011, 04:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I am sure that is so McQueary can try to find a safe haven--
and Sandusky who is out on bail should be in protective custody for his own safety--
one report said that a front window in his house was broken and borded up...picture showing it with the article

Saw this story about new legislation proposed to make it a crime NOT to report an act of child sexual abuse in Pennsylvania--

Sex abuse witness reporting legislation proposed in Pennsylvania | lehighvalleylive.com

it could bacfire with people making accusations that are untrue which can be very damaging to innocent people acused of being child abusers but think how it would have simplified what happened in Sandusky's case--
there would have been at least 3 people coming forward at different times with different first=hand testimonies that they say him engaged in improper physical acts with a child--including anal rape

one wrestling coach at a school Sandusky volunteered with and where he would "work" with boys on campus said he walked into a gym area and saw Sandusky on the floor with a boy on top of him--
Sandusky immediately stood up and said he and the boy were "wrestling" and the coach did not persue the situation...unfortunately...

another story of the timeline of Sandusky's abuse history--
this one mentions that there was an investigation by PSU campus police but there was nothing taken to local police--this is when Sandusky resigned from PSU but still had access to facilities and was able to bring Second Mile boys on campus apparently
It also give some info about one of the foster boys that Sandusky and his wife later adopted...and mentions that Mike McQueary as a grad assistant broke up a player-related knife fight in a campus dining hall--one police said could have been ugly--
yet he would not intervene when he saw Sandusky raping a boy in the shower--that is the role power has played in this drama...
a knife McQueary was not afraid of--he was not afraid to challenge his peers at the time--but Sandusky, still a formidable power because of PSU's football legacy---that was something else...

A Patriot-News Special Report: Who knew what about Jerry Sandusky? There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995 | PennLive.com

Old 11-11-2011, 04:05 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
Ever peel a large onion? This is like that-many layers and it stinks and it is burning a lot of eyes.
I stated on another thread Joe Paterno did what he was supposed to in reporting the shower incident up the chain, but he didn't do what he needed to do which was reporting it to the police.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:22 PM

This is one of the most thorough timelines for the Sandusky saga I have come across
A Patriot-News Special Report: Who knew what about Jerry Sandusky? There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995 | PennLive.com

it makes several points that I think are important as far as how the coverup of his behavior happened--
note the detail of how the 2000 allegation by McQueary was watered down until it became as bland as mashed potatoes--
and see the contradiction in this material regarding Paterno's role/knowledge---
According to Paterno’s testimony [to the grand jury], McQueary told the coach he had witnessed Sandusky “fondling or doing something of a sexual nature” to the boy.

Two days after the report was released, Paterno issued a statement saying he wanted to correct the impression left by the presentment.

Even though Paterno himself had told the grand jury that McQueary saw “something of a sexual nature,” Paterno said this week that he had stopped the conversation before it got too graphic. Instead, he told McQueary he would need to speak with his superior, Athletic Director Tim Curley, and with Schultz.

That meeting did not happen for 10 days.

What was said at that meeting is in dispute.

now why would it take someone who cared about finding out the truth 10 days to meet with his superiors--
why would he stop McQueary from giving him a full, factual description of the event?

Because he knew how bad it was, because he did not want to face the truth of what he had known/suspected for a long time...
right then is when Joe Paterno threw any child being abused by Sandusky under the PSU bus...

Old 11-11-2011, 04:42 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I don't get it. Was the accused coach gay or just a Child Molester?

He is a homosexual who preyed on young boys.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:04 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
I looked and didn't see where this had been posted on this thread so I thought others might like to see the actual Grand Jury report on the Sandusky matter. Some parts of it are pretty graphic in the description of the molestation of several of the alleged victims.

http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C4181508116.PDF

Paterno doesn't come off too well in this report, but to me the one who really seems to have not carried out his responsibilities was Gary Schultz, Senior Vice President for Finance and Business.

From the report:

Although Schultz oversaw the University Police as part of his position, he never reported the incident to the University Police or other police agency, never sought or reviewed a police report on the 1998 incident and never attempted to learn the identity of the child in the shower in 2002. No one from the University did.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Wrong
Sandusky was NOT a homosexual
He is married
You might say he is bisexual predator
Saying he is homosexual is slamming homosexuals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football