Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I heard on Mike and Mike on ESPN radio this morning that there's more to the Mcqueary (sp?) incident in the locker room. There are new stories coming out that he indeed DID stop the rape in the locker room before leaving. He can't tell his side right now due to "some legal issues" but it will come out.

I am not sure if there's ANY truth to this but it is just the newest thing I heard this morning which I had not heard before and kind of surprised me actually.
I can't wait for this "truth" to come out! Why wouldn't the GJ presentation state this, if in fact it is true? I would think they wouldn't leave out that fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i thought costas did a good job in the interview and sandusky continues to hang himself. i bet his lawyer just wants him to shut up! he is so disturbed that he doesn't even get it at all.

Bob Costas FULL interview with Jerry Sandusky - YouTube .
Bob Costas did an awesome job and asked the hard questions. I love how he paused when asked about being sexually attracted to young boys. Any person would answer with a NO immediately and there would be shock in their tone. Imagine how you would respond to such a question. He didn't respond the way any normal person would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Could Sandusky be any more slower in his response when asked by Bob Costas regarding sexual attraction to boys? , The prospective jurors will have a field day with this interview. Any normal person would be react to something like that in a nano second!

Love2: I heard that too. Wonder if a nice payoff will be involved! I cannot believe how nonchalant Sandusky was during the interview saying there is nothing wrong with showering with boys! His lawyer referred to him as an "overgrown kid". I am speechless!
This "overgrown kid" remark makes me feel like he (The creep's attorney) is going to follow in the same line of defense as Michael Jackson's attorneys did when defending him during his alleged child abuse trial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Here is the link to what I heard on ESPN radio this morning regarding McQueary....

Witness: Ex-player McQueary 'made sure it stopped' | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
I don't buy it. OK...you stop a rape in progress and then go back to your office? Call Daddy? Tell the face of PSU (Paterno) 24 hrs later? Oh hell no!! Any normal person would stop the rape, call whoever he needed to call that instant (Paterno). They wouldn't care what time it was...they would make the call!

Old 11-15-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I had to delete a thread last night that had a lot of good thought and reason to it and I didn't feel good about deleting it. I've gotten some salty dm's about this policy as well from people last week whose threads I did delete.

And this thread will stay open. And probably get nastier than it has been the last several days, but it stays open.
I appreciate you keeping it open. There is a lot of info that comes to light in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I appreciate it. I look in on this thread every hour when I'm home but contrary to some of the dm's I get, I can't be chained to my chair. Mods have jobs, take kids to school, etc. Their lives are similar to everyone elses.
I feel you are doing an excellent job at moderating this volatile topic. No-one can expect you to be here 24/7 moderating every single comment. Anyone who knows you as a mod (we who post in the football forums on a regular basis throughout the year) know how fair and impartial you are in moderating these forums. We also know when you are not taking care of your own personal life that you will tend to the offensive comments/posts and act appropriately.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I don't buy it. OK...you stop a rape in progress and then go back to your office? Call Daddy? Tell the face of PSU (Paterno) 24 hrs later? Oh hell no!! Any normal person would stop the rape, call whoever he needed to call that instant (911). They wouldn't care what time it was...they would make the call!
Fixed...

McQueary- Either trying to save face or perjured himself...
JoePa- He is the Godfather of State College...he knew what was going on and didn't do anything about it...
Sandusky- Had no remorse in that interview. His usage of euphamism and stalling is disturbing.
Curley and the ex-Prez of PSU (forgot his name)- Swept it under the rug to protect the school's cash cow.
Judge that set bail- Should have removed herself from this case due to her history with The Second Mile.
DA from '98- Didn't prosecute and he had an admittence to a crime...now disappeared since '05. I believe his disappearance is heroin related (broke up heroin ring right before he disappeared and the case is similar to that of Jonathan Luna).
Police- In '98, they overheard Sandusky admit to henious acts. They should have watched him closely after he admitted to doing certain acts.

The amount of indifference and dropping the metaphorical ball by people with and in power has left me speechless.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
I can't wait for this "truth" to come out! Why wouldn't the GJ presentation state this, if in fact it is true? I would think they wouldn't leave out that fact.

Bob Costas did an awesome job and asked the hard questions. I love how he paused when asked about being sexually attracted to young boys. Any person would answer with a NO immediately and there would be shock in their tone. Imagine how you would respond to such a question. He didn't respond the way any normal person would.

This "overgrown kid" remark makes me feel like he (The creep's attorney) is going to follow in the same line of defense as Michael Jackson's attorneys did when defending him during his alleged child abuse trial.

I don't buy it. OK...you stop a rape in progress and then go back to your office? Call Daddy? Tell the face of PSU (Paterno) 24 hrs later? Oh hell no!! Any normal person would stop the rape, call whoever he needed to call that instant (Paterno). They wouldn't care what time it was...they would make the call!

that's funny because i thought the exact same thing about the costas interview!

sandusky didn't want to deny his love for little boys and that was the reason for the stall. it was beyond pathetic and i absolutely agree that any normal person would NOT have responded that way. it was almost like he was torn having to deny being interested in little boys.

he is going to be a nightmare for his lawyer.

you know after watching that interview that anybody who worked with him HAD to know.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:19 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, McQueary walked away while a child was being raped. He made a very poor decision.

You'e sure Paterno didn't think "fondling or doing smething of a sexual nature to a young boy" was 'serious'? That is how he reported it on to the next person. Just what should Paterno think was serious?

And no, if I saw someone being murdered I wouldn't wait to call. In fact, when my then 23 year old daughter came home and said she'd been in an accident I told her she had to call the police. But I don't know what point is being made about my behavior, since I'm not part of the story.

A poor decision? He is a puke if you ask me....

It's hard to say-if you look at it..how serious could it had been if he waited 24 hours before called Paterno? And now McQuery is stating he did stop the rape-so now I see perjury in his future...

Old 11-15-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Fixed...

JoePa- He is the Godfather of State College...he knew what was going on and didn't do anything about it...
Sandusky- Had no remorse in that interview. His usage of euphamism and stalling is disturbing.
Curley and the ex-Prez of PSU (forgot his name)- Swept it under the rug to protect the school's cash cow.
Judge that set bail- Should have removed herself from this case due to her history with The Second Mile.
DA from '98- Didn't prosecute and he had an admittence to a crime...now disappeared since '05. I believe his disappearance is heroin related (broke up heroin ring right before he disappeared and the case is similar to that of Jonathan Luna).
Police- In '98, they overheard Sandusky admit to henious acts. They should have watched him closely after he admitted to doing certain acts.

The amount of indifference and dropping the metaphorical ball by people with and in power has left me speechless.
He is a pedophile-he doesn't see anything wrong with what he does...

Old 11-15-2011, 03:20 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
Quote:
His attorney, Joe Amendola, would later suggest some of the other victims in the grand jury’s “finding of fact” would recant their claims. Who is Joe Amendola? According to Pennsylvania court documents obtained by The Daily, in 1996, at the age of 49, he impregnated a 17-year-old girl. The two later married and divorced

They seem to be right for each other.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...w_mindset11411

Also the Judge let him walk free and clear instead of paying a large bond and having to wear an ankle monitor. The Judge happened to work for his charity and has given a few grand to it aswell. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't walk free from all charges the way this town seems to operate.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Fixed...

McQueary: I'm thinking he is trying to save face.
JoePa: I keep shaking my head over him! What was he thinking?? A man who preaches to his players about integrity....Where was his?
Sandusky: Absolutely no remorse at all! I agree -- very disturbing interview.
Curley and Shultz: I believe they are more guilty than Paterno.
Judge: I agree...should have removed herself.
Gricar (DA from '98): Interesting about the heroin ring bust up...
Police: I don't know how this continued this long. This should have been handled correctly back in '98. If it were me or you, we would have been in jail back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
he is going to be a nightmare for his lawyer.
You are so right!!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post

Also the Judge let him walk free and clear instead of paying a large bond and having to wear an ankle monitor. The Judge happened to work for his charity and has given a few grand to it aswell. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't walk free from all charges the way this town seems to operate.
This Judge needs to be removed from the case.

There will be a public outcry if he walks away from these charges.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
This Judge needs to be removed from the case.

There will be a public outcry if he walks away from these charges.

Public outcry? I'm thinking someone would take him out-I'm surprised someone hasn't yet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football