Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,974,619 times

Advertisements

Texas-OU
Ohio State-Michigan at the Horseshoe (despite the rude fans)
Bama-Auburn at Bryant-Denny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,469,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Let's say you are given the chance to go to any 3 college rivalry games, that you have never been to, of your choice. Which 3 would you attend, which stadium would you prefer, and briefly state why you would choose the ones you chose.
Montana/Montana State, in Bozeman. Because they get pretty fired up about it, and the setting is just about matchless in terms of scenery.

Texas/Texas A&M, Kyle Field. That has got to be high on the list of college football environments.

Kansas/Missouri, Lawrence. Because my family come from Kansas and it would be a chance to wear my 'Kansas: Keeping the world safe from Missouri since 1854' t-shirt with John Brown on it.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Montana/Montana State, in Bozeman. Because they get pretty fired up about it, and the setting is just about matchless in terms of scenery.

Thats interesting to me. There are alot of college football games on the lower levels that do not get as much fan fair as the bigger ones, but could have just as rabid fan base.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Thats interesting to me. There are alot of college football games on the lower levels that do not get as much fan fair as the bigger ones, but could have just as rabid fan base.
I've been in a Seattle sportsbar on Cat-Griz game day and it was raucous, so I figure in person it should be quite something. I've been to Bozeman but not for a game.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:23 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,252,600 times
Speaking of rivals on a smaller scale, there's a rather fierce one between Western Carolina and Appalachain State. Both schools are in the mountains and basically "fight" for moutain braggin rights, oh and a trophy called "The old mountain jug". It was once named by Sports Illustrated as "The best rivalry you've never heard of". Both fanbases are pretty fired up about it too. Only downside is that it's rather difficult to get into and out of both campuses on gameday. The series is kinda lopsided, but they still get into it.

Battle for the Old Mountain Jug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 PM

In case no one has posted it in however many pages, here is a link to a pretty comprehensive list of CFB rivalries for your enjoyment.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:04 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
I love the names of some of them.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,612,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I love the names of some of them.
They have "The Bedlam Game" wrong. Its just called Bedlam. When OSU plays OU in Baseball, Basketball, Football, etc, It's just Bedlam.
I know I'm nitpicking, jes sayin. I also have never heard of OU vs *texas* called "The Game", Red River Shootout maybe?

LOL @UW over Oregon by a large margin, that kind of surprised me.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:40 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
They have "The Bedlam Game" wrong. Its just called Bedlam. When OSU plays OU in Baseball, Basketball, Football, etc, It's just Bedlam.
I know I'm nitpicking, jes sayin. I also have never heard of OU vs *texas* called "The Game", Red River Shootout maybe?

LOL @UW over Oregon by a large margin, that kind of surprised me.
Yeah, the Ducks were horrible during the 60s and 70s...and the 80s. But, if you look at the last 15 years, when football began in Eugene , the Ducks have lost to UW only 4 times.

It's funny, UT leads over OU with almost the exact same record, LOL.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:42 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,612,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, the Ducks were horrible during the 60s and 70s...and the 80s. But, if you look at the last 15 years, when football began in Eugene , the Ducks have lost to UW only 4 times.

It's funny, UT leads over OU with almost the exact same record, LOL.
WOW!! 4 times in 15 years, that is stellar!! So we can both agree that the all time records aren't that big of deal. LOL

Yeah, funny thing *texas* has won 3 of the last 4 against OU, but OU has won 3 (in a row) of the last 4 Big 12 Championships, I'll take it, LOL.

I still think Bob is maybe two games up on *mack* though.

response from pnut21 or spade in 4...3...2...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football