Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 06:14 AM

30 posts, read 45,878 times

Advertisements

Here's the deal, all my life I've envied people who are all into church and/or alchohol because those people got to socialize with their own kind publicly.... How much easier to meet people you like when you don't have to hide, right?

Now I'm sixty years old, my best friend is 62. We are two single women in excellent health and before that changes we want to live somewhere where we can socialize in public with our favorite recreational drug, just like everyone has all of our lives.

We are moving to Colorado. Please recommend a good town, a good apartment complex, a good place for two little old ladies who just want to sit around in the evenings after work, getting high with our new friends in Colorado.

Are there pot bars? I doubt you can just walk down the street getting high, but what about outside at a table at a 55+ apt complex? Talk to me, please. Your advice and concerns will be a lot of help to two little old ladies who've been prevented from socializing with the one recreational drug that doesn't kill people, or make it easier to kill other people. It's a damn crazy world we live in... it's insane that we've waited our whole lives for this. Oh well, better late than never. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Oh! And jobs are not important. We both work online. We have jobs and we're bringing them with us. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 07:19 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
As of now, there are no pot clubs.

Amendment 64 over promised and under delivered. Many people were so enthralled by the fact that it was legalizing consumption that they failed to read the fine print.

Public consumption is prohibited, and there are no real social clubs established yet. We will have to wait until after the 1st of the year to see how this shakes out.

Smoking and driving is a no-no with a THC limit established.

Non-residents are limited in the amount they can buy.

There are other restrictions so you should investigate before you move.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:48 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Telluride

Old 08-24-2013, 07:53 AM

409 posts, read 704,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie Lollie View Post

Are there pot bars? I doubt you can just walk down the street getting high, but what about outside at a table at a 55+ apt complex? Talk to me, please.
I can't answer most of your questions, but twice now in Manitou Springs (I've only been up there twice) and once in downtown Colorado Springs, I've passed people smoking on the street or at a table on the street.

I wouldn't consider Colorado Springs to be a pot-friendly town, in general, though. Manitou is a different story. But I'd talk to people who know more before making decisions. Mine is just a first impression.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-24-2013 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 AM

I'm going to live in a 55+ group and smoke close enough I don't need to drive. Thanks for the input guys. ) I remain excited. Things may not be all rosey there, but it's a lot better rules than Oklahoma.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 AM

599 posts, read 953,523 times
I can't believe how many naive people there are around this issue.

Pot is *not* legal in Colorado, Washington, or anywhere else in the US. It is still a prohibited drug on Schedule I of the DEA's list of prohibited drugs, along with ecstacy, LSD, heroin, and peyote.

If you don't like that, I suggest you write your federal elected officials. Until Marijuana is LEGAL, I certainly wouldn't make a life choice to move somewhere based on an illusion that people are going to be sitting around smoking it freely. Obama is going to make sure that doesn't happen. You may be surprised to know that Obama has directed the DEA to raid *many* more pot dispensaries than George Bush or any other president.

Please look closely at the drug classifications. Pot is Schedule I with the highest penalties, theoretically becasue it is extremely dangerous. Oxycontin, cocaine and METH are Schedule II !!! Vicodin is Schedule III and Valium is Schedule IV !!!!

Seriously folks, these are the rules that govern us. YOUR anointed savior, Mr. Obama, could change this with the stroke of his pen, but he refuses. Think about that the next time you hear him speak and think he is "for the people".

Schedule I
Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:
heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote
Schedule II
Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:
[CENTER]cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin
Schedule III
Schedule III drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence. Schedule III drugs abuse potential is less than Schedule I and Schedule II drugs but more than Schedule IV. Some examples of Schedule III drugs are:
Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), Products containing less than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit (Tylenol with codeine), ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone
Schedule IV
Schedule IV drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence. Some examples of Schedule IV drugs are:
Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien
Schedule V
Schedule V drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with lower potential for abuse than Schedule IV and consist of preparations containing limited quantities of certain narcotics. Schedule V drugs are generally used for antidiarrheal, antitussive, and analgesic purposes. Some examples of Schedule V drugs are:
cough preparations with less than 200 milligrams of codeine or per 100 milliliters (Robitussin AC), Lomotil, Motofen, Lyrica, Parepectolin

Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 AM

I lived in Redding Ca for a month and saw small groups of people getting high outside almost every day. The guy I was staying with sounded like you, believed as you do, didn't ever see any of those groups. People need to walk, need to ride bicycles. That's how I saw them. He never got out of his car except at his job, or house or the grocery store.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:40 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
I can't believe how many naive people there are around this issue.
Doesn't matter. It is legal under state law.

There's no naiveté involved, just reality.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:46 AM

599 posts, read 953,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurangoJoe View Post
Doesn't matter. It is legal under state law.

There's no naiveté involved, just reality.
Apparently you flunked social studies. Federal Law supersedes state law in any case where they conflict.

The Colorado legislature could also pass a law making it "legal" to not pay your Federal Income Taxes, couldn't they? What do you think the IRS would say about that?

This issue really illustrates the failure of our education system over the last 30 years.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:56 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Yes but the Feds are not ever never going to swoop into Telluride, or Colorado Springs, or anyplace else in this state and start rounding up pot heads. Personally I can't stand the smell of the stuff, makes me sick to my stomach. But the people decided to legalize it, so be it. Don't smoke it in front of me, and I won't throw up on you.

The OP asked for the best places to live, not a civics lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado