Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 02:56 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
The funny thing is I got a similar rep from someone simply for asking jp03 why he felt it was so since I wasn't sure which of the two things I said he was referring to. I never said I thought either theory was so.

While I didn't want to go there with this, I'll say that when I was up in the Hartford area for a few months several summers ago I had a couple of black colleagues from Bloomfield and Windsor respectively and if I didn't know what they looked like and only knew them from voice, mannerisms, etc. I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from similar white middle-class/upper middle class folk at all. Heck, in many ways they both seemed culturally "whiter" than me LOL!
But that should not surprise anyone...middle class black, whites, hispanics all really live to the same code.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:15 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
But that should not surprise anyone...middle class black, whites, hispanics all really live to the same code.
Correct. But you don't see too many places in CT that have a good number of each of those ethnicities. I think East Hartford comes the closest to being balanced amongst those 3 ethnicities. EH isn't a well-regarded town on these boards, but their crime data appears to be comfortably below(better) the US average.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Correct. But you don't see too many places in CT that have a good number of each of those ethnicities. I think East Hartford comes the closest to being balanced amongst those 3 ethnicities. EH isn't a well-regarded town on these boards, but their crime data appears to be comfortably below(better) the US average.
Thats true up here...but isnt that true everywhere in the north? Hence going back to my original post of why the south has more crime that spreads around

Old 07-28-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
LOL. 20 minutes later i get this anonymous "rep":

07-28-2013 04:24 PM Ahhh... "Riff raff". The CT code word for minorities. Another CT closet racist exposed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
forum should change that practice. You should not be able to post something to someone anonymously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
The funny thing is I got a similar rep from someone simply for asking jp03 why he felt it was so since I wasn't sure which of the two things I said he was referring to. I never said I thought either theory was so.
It doesn't bother me that someone is too cowardly to give their name. I have a hunch that it's someone that posts on the CT boards, but isn't actually from the state. And not caucasian, of course. The smarta*s is probably baffled right now about how i identified him. LOL.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
It doesn't bother me that someone is too cowardly to give their name. I have a hunch that it's someone that posts on the CT boards, but isn't actually from the state. And not caucasian, of course. The smarta*s is probably baffled right now about how i identified him. LOL.
Just seems silly not to post on the board..if that yours opinion its fine..its just an opinion.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
I'd identify who I believe it to be, but that would ruin all of the fun!

Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I'd identify who I believe it to be, but that would ruin all of the fun!
I guess this thread is beginning to jump the tracks. Time to get back to the topic.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:02 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Actually, Bridgeport is very close to be 1/3 white, 1/3 hispanic, 1/3 black.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Actually, Bridgeport is very close to be 1/3 white, 1/3 hispanic, 1/3 black.
Not a middle-class "safe" place though.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
Wow. I could have written the same message and replaced Southern references with one's in the North. When I go home to Connecticut, I see more Tea Party flags and bumper stickers back home than I do in VA or NC. Now, that isn't to say there aren't a fair share of these types in the South...just look at the legislatures, but generalizations are just that...generalizations...and we know what that can lead to...
'
'I am a fan of generalizations. The South is generally bright red and conservative. Many people there generally hate the president (unless they are black) .

Generally the South is a Conservative place. And generally when they call you a "Yankee" it's not a good thing.

What can generalizing lead to...the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut