Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 01:29 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,041,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Wrong again Jay.

It is analysis based on a study by Bridgewater Associates which is a hedge fund, the website did not do the study.

Great point. Funny to see posters dispute analysis provided by a Westport, Ct based corp.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
You must have meant to type Christie lied to public unions and is very unpopular in his state.

No I meant what I typed, while he has not handled many things well, he did a great job dealing with the public unions. Unlike most pols, he realized he was on the management side of the table.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:49 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,924 times
Thought police is at it again. If you say something negative about CT then something is wrong with you.

No wonder people are trying to GTFO as soon as possible from these control freaks.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:17 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Thought police is at it again. If you say something negative about CT then something is wrong with you.

No wonder people are trying to GTFO as soon as possible from these control freaks.
These thought police you imagine must be mighty ineffective seeing as there is a daily litany of negative posts around here.

I think if you say NOTHING but negative things about Connecticut, you are going to find those that disagree with you will speak up. But, no, you're not a poor helpless victim of the thought police. If you want everyone to agree with you, be more agreeable.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:33 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,016,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
These thought police you imagine must be mighty ineffective seeing as there is a daily litany of negative posts around here.

I think if you say NOTHING but negative things about Connecticut, you are going to find those that disagree with you will speak up. But, no, you're not a poor helpless victim of the thought police. If you want everyone to agree with you, be more agreeable.
I have said many times that I am a big fan of CT.

We are just against what the Democrats have done to this state. It is being economically ruined before our eyes.

Democrats on this site are in denial

The pension system is going bankrupt

Old 06-05-2016, 02:54 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,310,284 times
Quote:

We are just against what the Democrats have done to this state. It is being economically ruined before our eyes.

Both parties take the blame. Republicans and Democrats screwed up big time. The funny thing is that the pension system got screwed up by Rowland in the 90's. Now all of that weight is under Malloy. He's facing problems with the pensions, companies moving out of state due to competition, and lowering income tax revenue.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Both parties take the blame. Republicans and Democrats screwed up big time. The funny thing is that the pension system got screwed up by Rowland in the 90's. Now all of that weight is under Malloy. He's facing problems with the pensions, companies moving out of state due to competition, and lowering income tax revenue.

and if DM had not rescinded 6,000 state layoffs a few years ago, sate saves billions, and has an easier time convincing unions reckless days are over. He blinked, and the union won, while the residents lost.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:54 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,133,250 times
Quote:

So you were again able to express your opinion without intervention from the imaginary "Thought Police". Point made.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:01 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,189,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post

As I've stated in past posts and threads, there's a difference between having a discussion regarding the economy and incessantly posting anti-CT articles to the point where it appears to be an obsession.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:02 PM

789 posts, read 702,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So you were again able to express your opinion without intervention from the imaginary "Thought Police". Point made.
The spirit of his comment has much truth to it. Follow the thread and you will see fierce opposition to economic and mathematical certainties. It is almost comical (if it weren't tragic) to see folks deny reality. I fully understand the love of one's own state but gosh after a while when you deny why corporations are leaving, people are leaving, revenue vs spending gap is growing you start to lose some credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut