Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 PM

861 posts, read 1,336,608 times

Advertisements

You people are no better than the murderer.

Why not just stone them to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 01:43 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,245,457 times
Yeah not one word about my post re. giving politicians the right to legally murder.

It doesn't matter what "god" you believe in, what scripture you want to throw - the Death Penalty is the stupidest thing about America, hands down, apart from the gun disease of course which is second to none.

Politicians run the DP. Politicians run your courts. Politicians, you know those old guys who make chitty decisions about just about everything, are IN CHARGE of who lives and who dies.

For a country that arms itself in fear of its own government, this seems BEYOND ridiculous.

Why would your government attack you in your home, when they can murder you legally in court?

Not one comment on this Inconvenient Truth. It's possibly too scary to contemplate when you look at it from that pov.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:19 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,418,234 times
Geee, I thought the goal of the death penalty was too kill the person that was found guilty and that was sentenced to death.
I might be reading this wrong but I think he's dead, right? So, what's all the fuss about?

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot. He's black.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:38 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
You people are no better than the murderer.

Why not just stone them to death.
How about "some of you people....."

Old 05-02-2014, 02:41 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,232,472 times
I'm blood thirsty for another mal-content....I want to see more of those "kill my landlowd....kill my landlowd' types go down....who's next? I hate these guys....I'm hungry for more......damn, I'm thirsty....

Old 05-02-2014, 02:42 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
im sure he didn't suffer enough.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:09 PM

863 posts, read 1,197,021 times
Some of the more bloodthirsty remarks in this thread brought this to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtDG_u0ZdAE

Old 05-02-2014, 04:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulblueskies View Post
Ick. The replies to this thread are quite unfortunate. #sad
To me what is quite unfortunate is what this guy did to his victim. Here's a piece of commentary that includes a little detail:

Botched execution takes 40 minutes to kill murderer | Human Events

Old 05-02-2014, 04:45 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,236,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You have misqouted me by inserting in bolded statements into the "qoute" that came from you, then responded below the qoute. Please do not do that.

Im sorry but the fact that we execute 4% who are not in fact guilty of the crime tells you that despite this we're doing it wrong. We give so many opportunities to appeal because we are in fact dealing with a mans life. Thats a big deal. This is why I believe death sentences should require a
much higher standard of guilt.

Please. Do you really truly thing our court system works that well? You've been watching too many court dramas.

Know what the primary difference is between being convicted and not convicted? Money.

I don't find it cruel to execute someone as long as we don't botch it up so horribly, and we actually execute a guilty person.
I didn't misquote you. It's fairly obvious that those are my responses to specific points you made.

As for the 4%, if you're going to use info that was posted elsewhere in the thread, at least use it correctly. The 4% are supposedly (that number was extrapolated and isn't actual hard data) convicted, not executed.

Where is the line drawn? Eternal legal wrangling until everyone's conviction is overturned on the slightest ridiculous point? I'm sure the founding fathers meant for our legal system to be based on determining guilt, not just expert lawyering.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:01 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,847 times
good one less pice of **** that we have to pay taxes for!!! I wish they would off more of em. and I mean the ones that are found guilty of there crimes they commited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events