Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 02:01 PM

137 posts, read 174,301 times

Advertisements

Gun Nut America. The days of the Wild West are back. That should make the Nationalist Rifle Association very happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 03:17 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,507,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The son should not be shooting at cars in a neighborhood especially if the car was fleeing, very dangerous to others living there. The whole family should have stayed inside the house and called police. This is really disturbing.

What is the point of having guns then - This is too reasonable for some. I am sure some will be thinking damn if that lady just had a weapon on her none of this would have happened

Old 02-17-2015, 03:50 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,670,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Okay I was wrong about the state, but it doesn't change the age. I read nothing in any news source that said she was 14. I don't think there is anything odd about it. Again, I think many WANT there to be something odd about it so they can reassure themselves it couldn't happen to them.

Well the LAST THING you do is head towards your home when you have an altercation with another driver and they follow you. You head to a police station or if you can't find one an area where there are people.

But you don't let someone follow you home.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,670,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It doesn't change anything I wrote, I never said no source claimed she was 14 just that I hadn't read any. Now having read them, I see some said 14, but still don't see how it's relevant in the slightest. Again, if there seemed to be more beneath the surface, I think the cops would see it too, since they don't I don't get why others here still insist there's more to the story.
None of us know what the cops are looking into. You only know what they release to the press. Maybe it is just a road rage incident, maybe there is more to it.

Don't be so naïve, there are several stories that come out and later on they're not what they originally seemed. The police keep some things quiet for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So why didn't the woman go right inside the house with her daughter? If the shooting happened so fast the car would have been long gone by the time the daughter went in and the son got to grab the gun and go outside. It sounds more like a shoot-out between two parties. The son should not be shooting at cars in a neighborhood especially if the car was fleeing, very dangerous to others living there. The whole family should have stayed inside the house and called police. This is really disturbing.
Good question. Since she chose to drive home, you would get out of the car the minute you put in park and ran inside. The car also stayed outside long enough for the son to come out shooting.

Agree, the son could have shot a neighbor walking their dog.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:32 PM

50,963 posts, read 36,657,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
None of us know what the cops are looking into. You only know what they release to the press. Maybe it is just a road rage incident, maybe there is more to it.

Don't be so naïve, there are several stories that come out and later on they're not what they originally seemed. The police keep some things quiet for awhile.

Good question. Since she chose to drive home, you would get out of the car the minute you put in park and ran inside. The car also stayed outside long enough for the son to come out shooting.

Agree, the son could have shot a neighbor walking their dog.
Alright, you win. This would never, ever in a million kajillion years EVER happen to you, because you would NEVER do this or that that she did, YOU would have a calm head and make all the right decisions. YOU will never be touched by random violence because YOU'RE not stupid like this lady was. Lucky you!

Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,823,672 times
Story changing woman and armed son went hunting for silver car. Found them and then had a shoot out at the house.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:02 PM

45,516 posts, read 60,746,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Story changing woman and armed son went hunting for silver car. Found them and then had a shoot out at the house.
Yep. The story is evolving.

https://gma.yahoo.com/police-road-ra...opstories.html

Old 02-17-2015, 06:35 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,402,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Or devolving. It was implausible before, and I'm wondering how long until it comes apart completely and it turns out her son was the one who shot her or the family was involved in some sort of drug dispute or something. So many plausible possibilities, and basically none of them are anything like the story her children are peddling.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:39 PM

3,736 posts, read 5,786,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Holy MOLY! Only in Vegas. You know, I started smelling a rat when the son (who lived at home) was carrying on about how, now, his infant son would have to cope with not having his Grandmother. Just didn't ring true. It was the sort of thing that a not-very-bright person has become adept at saying, in order to get things out of authority figures. Before I dumped our apartment buildings, I used to have White Trash try to con me into renting to them. They had these things they'd say, trying to push the right buttons: "Is it alright if I plant flowers?" or "I'm a wonderful person!" (meaning, "I'm in a Twelve-Step program, and am currently seeing a court-ordered psychiatrist, who has me on serious meds").

All kindsa trash lives in those nice new homes around Vegas. Judging from the way those people were dressed, their names, etc., I'm thinkin' that here in Oregon, they'd be in a used doublewide out in the sticks, somewhere.

I'm wondering if maybe they didn't know the spiky-haired shooter, already. Or maybe they knew, somehow, the usual 'loop' that people make, around town. Like maybe they're a part of the same 'culture'.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 02-17-2015 at 06:50 PM..

Old 02-17-2015, 07:18 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,360,728 times
Sounds like Mom went out looking for trouble and trouble found her instead. Losing my sympathy here since she basically escalated the situation ten-fold by getting her armed son involved. How did they think this was going to go down when Sonny Boy has a loaded gun and likely as enraged as she was?

Of course, murder is murder but not all murder victims are as deserving of sympathy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events