Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:02 PM

129 posts, read 250,399 times

Advertisements

Dinosaurs and God can co-exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Very interesting....

Genesis describes two falls from Eden.

Fourwinds,

I didn't know that. What is the second one? Where can the information be found as far as book, chapter, and verse in the Bible?

Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Are you suggesting that we nuke them? We can't do that. That would be counterproductive.

Besides, I want to go to that Creation Museum and hear people try to explain with a strait face that a Tyrannosaurus Rex used its bone-crushing jaws to crack coconuts or bite through orange peels like a fruit bat.
He-he-he...and have lunch at Noah's Cafe...maybe have a Double Din-o-burger!

Old 02-16-2015, 10:42 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybaloneytoys View Post
Petunia, I'd ask you the same whats your point? You made a comment that everything you learned about creation said dinosaurs didn't exist, yet from your comment I don't see anything in reference to the article listed.

My point is this. Just because a group of people have picked a topic they have a beef with and then use a title that has the word Christian in it, doesn't represent all of Christianity, in fact I'd say it represents less than more. I don't know this lady who wrote, but whomever she is getting her info from isn't giving her info from a Christian stance. There is proof that the word dinosaur was never used till the 1800's, but don't take my word for it, you can check it out yourself. As far as large animals or reptile like creatures that roamed the world at creation time is true can be found not only in the bible, but in science as well. If the lady who posted the youtube video as a gripe because of the use of the word dinosaur then it's a weak soapbox. Not one to take the Christian community by storm anytime soon.

All the drivel I've read that mock Christians on here is just that; drivel by God haters, and if you hate God you wil hate his people too. All we need to do is look at the seemingly good people of the USA and hear how they go on and on about how we need to embrace islam and muslims and make Israel give back land that isn't for us or anyone else other than the Israeli's to give back and at this point in time they wish not to succumb to palestine or any other country demanding they do so. Further more as an ally of the United States we should support them and not make demands against them.

As far as the original post the Christian lady and her friends have posted about kids being taught about dinosaurs is far fetched in my opinion. I would not support as there are many Christian things I don't support. Yet, if her argument is based on the teaching of Darwinism and Evolution as fact and not taught as a theory, then that I support. I for one have 6 kids and all have been exposed at one point of time or another to evolution as fact and not theory. So early in the life I chose to home school them and all have moved on in life and are successful in their own right and didn't need a belief in evolution to do so.

My summation is this: Dinosaurs existed at one time. Probably most were extinct because of the Great Flood. But other creatures existed too we don't see around. Unicorns for one, and on a people species, Giants. If these types existed at one time and we have not only science to back it up, but scriptures as well, I for one as a Christian will not say that what God did and what he has done and what he is doing now isn't for me to say otherwise. Bashing Christians though shows immaturity at the highest level.
Here's the problem-- Christians tend to elect complete and utter morons. Not a good representation. So much so that in pop culture, the word 'Christian' is synonymous with anti-science, anti-poor, anti-intellectualism. It's no wonder church attendance is declining--in the age of information, people aren't willing to honor dogma over logic and common sense. FINALLY, we're waking up.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:11 AM

746 posts, read 1,729,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Genesis describes two falls from Eden.

Fourwinds,

I didn't know that. What is the second one? Where can the information be found as far as book, chapter, and verse in the Bible?
The first is the fall of man through sin, which introduced death, aging, and more sin. The earth was still in a near Utopian condition everywhere.

The second is the fall of the earth from a utopia to what is is now. Seasons, rain, carnivores, accelerated aging etc were introduced onto the earth that previously hadn't experienced any of them.

N-14 + cosmic rays will form C-14, which is radioactive. Before the flood, C-14 was almost nonexistent on earth because the earth was shielded by the upper firmament of water and ice. The flood happened when sin breached the spiritual support of the firmament, which destroyed the earth as it existed the the time. Only life aboard the ark, fish, and plant seeds survived. C-14 dating is good for three thousand years back, but preflood data which show the earth was billions of years older.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:17 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,599,580 times
If there was a shield of water and ice above the Earth, a) the tidal forces would break it apart within hours and b) it would block out all light. Every plant and therefore animal on Earth would die.

It's absolute nonsense.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:23 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,220,909 times
The reason Christians have a thing against dinosaurs is because their existence disproves the Biblical theory that the Earth is only 6,000+ years old. Dinosaurs existed hundreds of millions of years ago, the elements of the Earth are billions of years old and modern humans are at least a couple of hundred thousand years old.

Given that life on Earth, along with the Earth itself pre-dates the Bible's creation dates by hundreds of thousands to billions of years, this means that the Bible is a lie at best or that the "Creator" god Christians believe in is non-existent at worst.

Science basically proves the Bible to be an outright lie, so Christians don't want to accept it.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 02-17-2015 at 07:32 AM..

Old 02-17-2015, 06:27 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
you all know that bashing Christians is all your doing here. I've not read one thread that really disputes the article in question. Just more drivel on how stupid you think Christians are.
Pretty much. There doesn't appear to be that much in the link to discuss. All we know is that some people don't believe students should be taught about dinosaurs. I have no idea what they mean by that. I have no idea what arguments they have for why dinosaurs are unlikely to have existed, or even if they believe dinosaurs did not exist. I don't know what they want or why they want it.

A rather shoddy article. No interviews. Not enough information.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:21 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,164,250 times
Quote:
I am a conservative Christian, very pro child for birth, and very glad I am saved. That being said, I do have to speak up about this article: 1. The group which might very well be run by one woman and maybe a few bored stay at home mommies, rallying behind a group name as Christians Against Dinosaurs is going against the norm of known theology...
Quote:
you all know that bashing Christians is all your doing here. I've not read one thread that really disputes the article in question. Just more drivel on how stupid you think Christians are.
Exactly--people should stick with sexist bashing of 'stay-at-home mommies', which seems much more 'Christian'.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:11 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RektorFry985 View Post
Yeah that part seemed logistically hard to swallow. Even the largest super-tankers of today cant support a blue whale for 40 nights.

Somewhere between trying to reconcile the physics of keeping a mating pair of blue whales on an old boat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
Fish were not brought onto the ark.

Whales and fish live in the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events