Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 04:02 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times

Advertisements

The fine for killing a lion illegally is just $400. Palmer way overpaid. $400 is all that lion was worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 04:02 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petlover8 View Post
You'll have a nice long wait. That's usually how it goes when everything you come up with is locked in your head, as some type of dimwitted fantasy.

You're wrong again this is no fantasy. The coward is still in hiding is a fact, just you're the one fantasizing. However, you're right on the predictable long wait for the coward to come out to prove he's non guilty of course. Again, what is your problem?

Old 08-18-2015, 08:41 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,768 times
On a lighter note, Palmer was spotted inside his preserve.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:58 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Someone should lure him out with an exotic animal........

Old 08-19-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
Someone should lure him out with an exotic animal........
They already did and he killed it.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:11 AM

387 posts, read 356,337 times
Somebody needs to explain to me how a Lion (and an elderly 13 year old Lion at that) is "more valuable" than a Human Being

I am an Athiest but....

1.) Can Lions create Machines that can travel at the Speed of Sound??
2.) Can Lions enrich Uranium that would power the entire world?
3.) Can Lions craft invisibility cloaks (coming in the next 10 years)?
4.) Can Lions cure/eradicate disease that has plagued vertebrate animals for thousands of years?
5.) Can Lions build Skyscrapers that reach thousands of feet in the air?

Etc Etc Etc Etc I could go on literally for ever......

All that Lions do is kill prey, sleep, poop, reproduce and repeat....they live 100% day by day and in the moment (like all non Human animals do).....Awesome iconic animals to look at and study (Big Cats are awesome) and very important for the African ecosystems that they inhabit, but the comparison to Humans is just not logical....Any comparison between ANY animal and humans is not logical....

Homo Sapiens are like the "Manhattan" of all animal species....The best, most influential, and most important of them all!!! Don't hate me for just saying the truth....Hate Darwin for giving us our superior evolved logic (as opposed to instinct) using brains!!!

Old 08-20-2015, 12:18 AM

There are a lot of people who hate humam beings. Makes you wonder if they own mirrors. Of course they are never part of the problem, everyone else is.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:11 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
They already did and he killed it.

I dunno .... he looks pretty safe in his fenced in, protected area.... same as Cecil was until HE was lured out.....

Old 08-20-2015, 08:16 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY to Chicago View Post
Somebody needs to explain to me how a Lion (and an elderly 13 year old Lion at that) is "more valuable" than a Human Being

I am an Athiest but....

1.) Can Lions create Machines that can travel at the Speed of Sound??
2.) Can Lions enrich Uranium that would power the entire world?
3.) Can Lions craft invisibility cloaks (coming in the next 10 years)?
4.) Can Lions cure/eradicate disease that has plagued vertebrate animals for thousands of years?
5.) Can Lions build Skyscrapers that reach thousands of feet in the air?

Etc Etc Etc Etc I could go on literally for ever......
I can't do any of those things either and I'm a human and not a lion ...can you do these things? And, because we can't do these things (just like the lion) are we then to be relegated to the ranks of 'uselessness'?

Quote:
All that Lions do is kill prey, sleep, poop, reproduce and repeat....
Hmmm . . .I've run into quite a few humans in my time who, other than kill prey, pretty much fit that description . . .

Quote:
. . .they live 100% day by day and in the moment (like all non Human animals do).....Awesome iconic animals to look at and study (Big Cats are awesome) and very important for the African ecosystems that they inhabit, but the comparison to Humans is just not logical....Any comparison between ANY animal and humans is not logical....
I really don't know what this has to do with some wanna-be big white hunter and his insatiable desire to kill for pleasure and ego.

Quote:
Homo Sapiens are like the "Manhattan" of all animal species....The best, most influential, and most important of them all!!! Don't hate me for just saying the truth....Hate Darwin for giving us our superior evolved logic (as opposed to instinct) using brains!!!
Using brains? Are you sure you're tuned in and using your brains with regard to the subject matter of this thread? Some of us human beings don't approve of the killing of animals for, as said above, pleasure and ego. We care. Understand?

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 08-20-2015 at 08:42 PM..

Old 08-21-2015, 12:59 AM

No doubt when the pledges come due a lot of email addresses and phone numbers used to make them will remain unanswered. Hollow pity and just as hollow concern for the lion. So predictable. Meanwhile, at the local animal control center, animals are killed everyday but they are not endangered because no one can seem to do much to prevent the problems their own animals cause. We care, uh huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events