Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 06:54 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
State hospital. Attempted murder? No, nothing. They get taken care of for the rest of their life by the state. You may have a predator living on you block, they have been convicted of nothing, so you don't get the privilege of knowing.
State hospital is still a consequence. They don't get off scot free.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:59 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
State hospital is still a consequence. They don't get off scot free.
Of course! Who wants to be in a state hospital. I was just answering to the thought of going to prison.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
The stories are abundant but the important one is when the 13 year old autistic boy weighing all of 120 lbs if that....picked up a 300 lb caregiver and tossed her through the gigantic window. I saw it with my own eyes.

My brother in law had the same talent. When he went on a tear, he'd toss all the heavy wood furniture out the door into the street. Weirdly, he got to be high functioning enough later in life that he took care of my MIL all by himself until she died with very limited supervision from my other BIL. In Greece.
Every day occurrences. Turn your back and get choked against a wall.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:42 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Sometimes I sit back and think...wow, there are some really terrible people in this world.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:55 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
He isn't a criminal. He is a 10 year old child, without a fully formed brain. He doesn't have a neurotypical brain on top of that. He has autism which needs specialized therapy to help him learn how to cope as he grows up. He wasn't plotting to kick his para (btw, they should be used to it), he was having a meltdown because the people in his world were not helping him navigate it properly.

I know special needs and school...they are trying to punish the mom, not the child. There are some evil people in education.

With proper therapies, he could be highly successful in his life (of course depending on his degree, but he sounds high functioning). I hope his mom will be able to access help for him.
The person who "repped" me in a rude way....special ed paras, as well as other child mental health assistances and professionals know what they are signing up for. If you are being trained to do holds, and you are going to get your panties in a knot over a kick by a tiny kid, you are in the wrong job.

There are dangers in different jobs. If you are a crab fisherman in the artic circle, you might die. If you sit at a desk all day you might get illnesses related to sitting. And if you are a para or therapist for special needs kids, you might just get kicked.

I know this first hand.

To those who think the parents of special needs kids are hostile, "playing" a card, negligent, or otherwise angry...look in the mirror and you will know why they feel the need to play momma or daddy bear.

Honestly, I am almost sad for the people who are like many on this thread. How lucky or sheltered are you? How nice it must be to put people in tiny boxes so you can navigate the world? But my loyalties are with special needs families. So I don't actually feel sorry for you. Just wish you would grow some empathy. I know autistic kids with more empathy then many of the posters on this thread!

Old 04-22-2017, 08:07 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
at least he wasn't shoot... like down in florida last year
North Miami police shooting of unarmed mental health worker seems inexplicable | Miami Herald

Old 04-22-2017, 08:11 PM

676 posts, read 721,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflyingbird View Post
the person who "repped" me in a rude way....special ed paras, as well as other child mental health assistances and professionals know what they are signing up for. If you are being trained to do holds, and you are going to get your panties in a knot over a kick by a tiny kid, you are in the wrong job.

There are dangers in different jobs. If you are a crab fisherman in the artic circle, you might die. If you sit at a desk all day you might get illnesses related to sitting. And if you are a para or therapist for special needs kids, you might just get kicked.

I know this first hand.

To those who think the parents of special needs kids are hostile, "playing" a card, negligent, or otherwise angry...look in the mirror and you will know why they feel the need to play momma or daddy bear.

Honestly, i am almost sad for the people who are like many on this thread. How lucky or sheltered are you? How nice it must be to put people in tiny boxes so you can navigate the world? But my loyalties are with special needs families. So i don't actually feel sorry for you. Just wish you would grow some empathy. I know autistic kids with more empathy then many of the posters on this thread!
agreed!!!

Old 04-22-2017, 09:10 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Yeah, BS. Everyone with bad character is "ILL". Total utter BS, and the prisons are filled with people who BELONG IN PRISON for committing crimes.
We will just have to agree to disagree. People in their rights minds don't act that way

Old 04-22-2017, 09:25 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
My great uncle's wife was lobotomized. She was a drunk, she got wasted once, took her clothes off and ran through town naked, a cop drove up to talk to her, she bit him on the hand. They arrested her, then committed her to Napa State Hospital where she first received shock therapy then later, a lobotomy. She stayed in Napa State Hospital until she died in 1996 at the age of 83. I remember visiting her once in the late 60's. She didn't seem to recognize anyone, even her own daughters and she just kept telling us that she was in the 3rd grade and was going to get in trouble because the chickens got loose. I was young at the time but kept thinking to myself that what they did to her seemed like overkill.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:27 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
We will just have to agree to disagree. People in their rights minds don't act that way
There are very intelligent and smart people in jail - they just greedy or selfish. Character flaws not mental issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events