Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 PM

711 posts, read 1,498,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
That whole area has alot more problems than just a liquor store, sad to say, no its not acceptable and its just one of the many reasons I won't live in the Christina school district.
Working for the Christina school district has made me view Delaware in a new light. Having to leave Bancroft and see people laying all over the street drunk with dope needles on the ground changed my perspective on reality. Most of the kids from Pine Street are almost immune to it which is both scary & sad.

I know im not supposed to talk about real delaware issues

Forgive me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Thumbs down Delaware is the 7th most Dangerous State in America (2010)

Most dangerous states: Crime rankings for 2010 - DailyFinance

What is Delaware doing right now to NOT be one of the top 10 most dangerous states?

Delawareans where is your State Pride?

We just cant sweep these statistics under the rug...

Old 11-05-2011, 06:05 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
What , What? You mean the Roads are dangerous.....Delaware is too spread out to be dangerous and only has 1 Major city Wilmington....

Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
The information you continue to provide is becoming repetitive and boring. We get it. You think Delaware is one big collection of criminals and drug addicts. You've said it many times in many different ways. You can stop now.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:11 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
Most dangerous states: Crime rankings for 2010 - DailyFinance

What is Delaware doing right now to NOT be one of the top 10 most dangerous states?

Delawareans where is your State Pride?

We just cant sweep these statistics under the rug...

That article is from 2010 which does the stats for '09, I posted this already last year, I don't think there is stats for 2010. Most likely the states listed in the top 10 had something to say about it, I know Delaware did. Well the beach area's did anyway.

Crime is swept under the carpet here, so is Delaware's massive sex offenders list that grows daily, yes I believe this state has a crime problem but no one really cares about it. Most people believe its due to poverty but when some Wilmington politicians kids get arrested for serious violent crimes in Newark something more important pops up in the city. We have poverty issues and drug issues that aren't common in other states with our population. Hmmm.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:30 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Please note that four Delaware crime threads have been combined into this one thread. This is not the smoothest merge and some posts will not follow one another very well, I apologize. This was done for the good of the forum so that it was not monopolized by negative threads. Yes, Delaware does have it's problems, as does every other state in this country. I moderate most of the PA forums and none of the crime problems expressed in this thread has not been posted in each of the PA city forums, and some suburbs.

Before you move anywhere, investigate the area fully, check out the schools and the crime maps. Rent before buying if possible and once you've moved stop comparing it to where you've been and instead find things to like and celebrate your new life. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 11-06-2011 at 01:36 PM..

Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
You have experienced what happens when the two most Dangerous Schools in Delaware get lack of funding. Yes kids from Christiana & Glasgow High School are poor, mad and unleashing the low quality of life that comes along with that on the Bear Area.

These are Facts...

My husband and his siblings all graduated from Glasgow and Christiana High Schools. They are now fully employed adults. They grew up in a neighborhood full of intact families and a community pool. I've been to that neighborhood in the recent past and it still looked pretty nice and not at all "poor and mad". I understand that there is increased crime, but that's pretty much true everywhere. As many of you know, I generally think PA schools are better then Delaware ones but I dislike painting an entire area that is full of good people as dangerous.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 11-07-2011 at 05:38 AM..

Old 11-07-2011, 06:42 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
What , What? You mean the Roads are dangerous.....Delaware is too spread out to be dangerous and only has 1 Major city Wilmington....
One of the reasons the roads are somewhat dangerous is because we are so spread out. I live downstate. We have open roads allowing for higher speeds. I grew up in surbanan Phila. We surely did not have to contend with farm equipment coming around bends. Never knew of anyone up there hitting a deer on the road. And of course we get to deal with all the vacationing city folk.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:57 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Longnecker has it right!
I think "city" people may be surprised to learn how dangerous back roads can be, as far as driving. We locals learned to be more wary of intersections in rural areas because many times, cars don't stop at those stop signs. I slow down when approaching intersections in Kent & Sussex Counties, and even look to the right and left for cars heading towards that intersection. It's not uncommon to see cars breezing right through those stop signs in rural areas.

Farm machinery transported from one farm to another, Amish buggies, and 3 wheelers crossing over the road from one farm to another are other obstacles. Of course, the most irritating obstacle is the "professional" bicyclist who dares to be hit, and rides along admiring the countryside, oblivious to the narrow country roads and dangers.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
My husband and his siblings all graduated from Glasgow and Christiana High Schools.
If that was over 10 years ago, it does not pertain to whats going on right now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware