Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 07:10 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Off topic, but important.
Our nephew is in Japan trying desperately to get home. Think positive thoughts for our Mike.
Thanks all.
Hi Going,

I certainly will Keep Mike in my thoughts and prayers so he will return home soon.
Must be such a worry to have a loved one in the middle of something like this.

I also think of all those poor people who are in harms way. Can't imagine going through something of that magnitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 11:13 AM
EdB

24 posts, read 44,624 times
The Magnolia Inn is OK for breakfast and lunch once in a while (very convenient to CC). The owners, Matt and Angie are very friendly.
We love McGlynn's Pub on N State Street. They have excellent specials every day of the week, such as 1/2 price hamburgers on Tuesday night. Friendly atmosphere, good (casual type) food, reasonable prices.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 AM

560 posts, read 915,844 times
Mike finally caught a flight out of Tokyo. It'll be a round-about long trip, but he should be back here on the east coast by late tonight or early tomorrow. His wife and two small sons are quite relieved.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,273 times
Quote:
Mike finally caught a flight out of Tokyo. It'll be a round-about long trip, but he should be back here on the east coast by late tonight or early tomorrow. His wife and two small sons are quite relieved.

Wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear he made it out ok.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM

53 posts, read 112,839 times
Quote:
That's great news !!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 03:46 PM

55 posts, read 182,121 times
Default Southern Meadows' homes now include the land!

Got an email the other day from Southern Meadows; the price now includes ownership of the land. I prefer to buy the land, rather than pay a monthly lease forever. I think the price starts in the high 130's which is good for a new house and land. This will definitely put SM at the top of my list. Hope to come down after the summer, ready to buy. I retire in 6 weeks!!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:25 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,556,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevada49 View Post
Got an email the other day from Southern Meadows; the price now includes ownership of the land. I prefer to buy the land, rather than pay a monthly lease forever. I think the price starts in the high 130's which is good for a new house and land. This will definitely put SM at the top of my list. Hope to come down after the summer, ready to buy. I retire in 6 weeks!!
Nevada49,

I think I got the same e-mail and I think you read it incorrectly. The own your own land I think refers East Bay Point - a different develpment owned by the same builder.

Mary2014

Old 03-13-2011, 04:49 PM

75 posts, read 140,001 times
Wow, that's wonderful news Goin'2DE.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:54 PM

55 posts, read 182,121 times
Default Thanks!

I'll check into this. Maybe East Bay Point would be ok, too. I am just grappling with the reality of living on Social Security,minus tax taken out, minus Medicare Part B, etc. and want to keep monthly expenses lower, if I can. At any rate, it is still better than working every day.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,670,016 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevada49 View Post
Going......so glad to hear your nephew got home safe and sound.

Nevada.....Hi.......I didnt' hear anything yet as to owning the land at SM. My guess is maybe down the road but not now.
I think Mary was correct.......probably east bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware