Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM

40 posts, read 80,762 times

Advertisements

Hi all, been a long time since my last post. Very busy working on the old house and the wife has me busy in the new one already. For those I have not had the privilege, we are Joe and Sharon and we closed on a Broadmoor on Bay Hill Rd at Champions Club last June. I finally retired Feb.18th and should be moving this August. Very exciting.

Congrats to pact-v on lot 53 and Charlie and Marlene on lot 67. Just what we need, two more AND's. Great picture Charlie, you're better looking than I remember. And you look so proud. Little E, have you seen the activity and new view behind your house? I was down this past Saturday after all the rain to check for water in my crawl and was surprised at what I saw.

Hello also to CWTR and Susie C. Hope all is well. I'll try to keep up with the thread as best I can. Never know, maybe I can help someone in some way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 11:33 AM

124 posts, read 264,103 times
Hi everyone - special greeting to NapaJoe - really looking forward to havin' you guys here full time this summer! My 10 month walk through is today - hard to believe I've been here that long - each day I've lived in my little house has been a pleasure! Sweetened by my fabulous neighbors!!

Re: Magnolia Restaurant - breakfast is OK but if I want "home cooking" I can get that at home - when I go out I like to to enjoy something delicious and different. That would definitely NOT be what I'd get at the Magnolia Restaurant!

Looking forward to my first spring in Delaware - just hurry up and get here please!

Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM

560 posts, read 915,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cant wait to retire View Post
Looking forward to my first spring in Delaware - just hurry up and get here please!

I, too, am looking forward to my first Delaware spring. I put the pansies in the front garden on Saturday. Hoping to get the day lillies, dahlias, and calla lilly bulbs in this weekend.
(Hopefully, the creaky knees will survive the stooping and bending.)

Old 03-14-2011, 05:36 PM

27 posts, read 49,484 times
Default Four Seasons Silver Maple - preview

I received an e-mail with this info today.

preview opening of Four Seasons Silver Maple in Middletown, New Castle County, Delaware!

During the preview opening on preconstruction prices take $20,000 off prices

Prices (before discount) start at $239,990 for 1,251 sq. ft., Calhoun model

All home designs include a basement
will be on site starting March 19th providing answers to your questions.

If anyone is looking in the Middletown area here is another option. It is a much less congested area than Spring Arbor.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:01 PM

27 posts, read 49,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaJoe View Post

Congrats to pact-v on lot 53
Thanks Joe and congratulations on your retirement.

We look forward to meeting you and Sharon. My hubby is also Joe.

I'm sure we will get to meet you on one of our visits, even if it isn't until you get down full time in August. I expect we will be down every few months, probably more once they break ground around the end of the year.

We are headed back down next week to look at decorator options, or as my Joe puts it, more ways to spend money. We plan on making it down in time for burger night on Tuesday, March 22nd.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:21 PM

33 posts, read 56,147 times
Hi all!
I will be coming down next week again to see EVERYWHERE in Delaware! This will be our 2nd time down and look foward to having breakfast with Elizamary. Thanks for the info on Middletown-we will drop in there on our way to Dover. Charley-I printed out your reviews from 07 on the manufactured communities-I'm wondering if anyone can give me any recent news on Fieldstone Village. Many thanks and good luck to all(of us!)

Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 PM

Re: Magnolia Restaurant - breakfast is OK but if I want "home cooking" I can get that at home - when I go out I like to to enjoy something delicious and different. That would definitely NOT be what I'd get at the Magnolia Restaurant!

CWTR, Have you tried Abbott's Grill in Milford? One of our favorites.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
We are headed back down next week to look at decorator options, or as my Joe puts it, more ways to spend money. We plan on making it down in time for burger night on Tuesday, March 22nd.
[/quote]

Burgers at WT Smithers? We've been there but not with a posse.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 AM

10 posts, read 29,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanani View Post
Hi all!
I will be coming down next week again to see EVERYWHERE in Delaware! This will be our 2nd time down and look foward to having breakfast with Elizamary. Thanks for the info on Middletown-we will drop in there on our way to Dover. Charley-I printed out your reviews from 07 on the manufactured communities-I'm wondering if anyone can give me any recent news on Fieldstone Village. Many thanks and good luck to all(of us!)
Hi, and good luck with your search for your future home. I'm close to folks who live near Fieldstone Village, and often drive through there on my way over to visit. The homes ar, pretty, and well-kept. It's walking distance to a Redner's supermarket that's within a stripmall with a chinese restaurant, dollar store and I don't remember what else. It's right off of Route 13, just a few minutes north of the Dover Mall and Dover Downs. I believe the homes are what are called doublewides? Not sure if it's fee simple or landlease, and that's about all I know.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:24 AM

33 posts, read 56,147 times
Thanks for the quick reply-it's on my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware