U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
 
19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Reputation: 27216

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Did anyone else receive the email from Roesville with the attached survey? I received mine last evening around 8PM and when I opened it, saw this message: Thank you for being willing to participate in our survey. We have reached the end date of this survey at this time. No further action is required of you.

Now, this email was only moments old and it already was expired?? Very odd. I actually have 2 email addresses and the message was the same at both locales. I am curious if anyone else who is on Roesville's mailing list received the survey and was able to complete it.
I just received it about 20 minutes, clicked it immediately, and got the same message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
 
3,730 posts, read 8,176,609 times
Reputation: 3085
They must have given up on us, received no email, oh well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM
 
19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Reputation: 27216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
They must have given up on us, received no email, oh well...
You should let Tammy know that you are not receiving emails. They apparently send out something on a regular basis. I didn't know that either until she referred to one of them and I didn't know what she was talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
 
3,730 posts, read 8,176,609 times
Reputation: 3085
Thx, we have gotten email from her in the past so hopefully we're still on their list, but emailing her certainly can't hurt as we'd like to be kept apprised as to what's going on, hope to go down there for a quick trip in the near future (depending on weather, our schedules etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM
 
19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Reputation: 27216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Thx, we have gotten email from her in the past so hopefully we're still on their list, but emailing her certainly can't hurt as we'd like to be kept apprised as to what's going on, hope to go down there for a quick trip in the near future (depending on weather, our schedules etc).
There are the emails from Tammy, which we were getting without problem - and then there are these so-called Email Blasts that supposedly go out once a week. However, there seem to be some problems within that Email blast system. They finally were able to add me, but I got my "survey invite" twelve hours after Little Eggplant.

There are no filters or restrictions on my email, which is always open, so there is no reason on this end for the time lag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 05:49 AM
 
17 posts, read 23,618 times
Reputation: 21
Thanks for more insight, Charley...sounds like I could do more homework, and am looking forward to more enlightenment and points of view before our final decision.

Everyone has their own preferences, and my husband and I did say that someone who loves planes would really enjoy CC, and you are proof positive! I live in the flight path for Newark Int'l, so I am not so fond of them overhead, hence my phobia.

Great point about CC maintenance...we DID find that extremely attractive, since we will lose our 'Failure to Launch' 26 yr.old's outside help when we move. In our case, our daughter and husband will be expanding their NJ business (to the Felton area) which is commercial grounds maintenance/landscaping, and we will take advantage of family perks at that time, so it isn't really an issue.

Right now I have a HUGE concern that I hope people can help with:
I noticed on the city-data site that Felton has 57 registered sex offenders in its midst. In such a small town, how is this so disproportinate to the population? We live in a town of 40,000 and have seven....!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 06:46 AM
 
19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Reputation: 27216
Quote:
Originally Posted by takin'theplunge! View Post
Thanks for more insight, Charley...sounds like I could do more homework, and am looking forward to more enlightenment and points of view before our final decision.

Everyone has their own preferences, and my husband and I did say that someone who loves planes would really enjoy CC, and you are proof positive! I live in the flight path for Newark Int'l, so I am not so fond of them overhead, hence my phobia.

Great point about CC maintenance...we DID find that extremely attractive, since we will lose our 'Failure to Launch' 26 yr.old's outside help when we move. In our case, our daughter and husband will be expanding their NJ business (to the Felton area) which is commercial grounds maintenance/landscaping, and we will take advantage of family perks at that time, so it isn't really an issue.

Right now I have a HUGE concern that I hope people can help with:
I noticed on the city-data site that Felton has 57 registered sex offenders in its midst. In such a small town, how is this so disproportinate to the population? We live in a town of 40,000 and have seven....!
You're most welcome. I've been planning this for quite some time and did a great deal of homework. And we are in a similar situation with "help" at home. My kids all live close enough to be able to provide assistance when we need it, and they are not coming along, so having that exterior maintenance plan could be a major asset.

I couldn't tell you about the sex offender thing except to say that if you look at any zip code in the country, you'll find lots of them. For our purposes, for Roseville - Felton and Frederica both have a bunch of them and for Champions Club - Magnolia has a bunch of them. In my own very small community, there are a bunch of them, though I've never met any of them nor have they ever had impact on me or my family. For us, we've dismissed it as a non-issue.

Always feel comfortable asking questions - lots of them. The only stupid question is the one never asked. I've asked far more than my share, but I've learned a great deal. I'm still learning. For example, yesterday, I learned that the $70.55 per quarter sewer usage rate for 2009 will remain the same for 2010. It's a small thing, but it's one of the many small details that make up a large plan. So ask, ask, ask ... and then ask again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 06:51 AM
 
135 posts, read 189,547 times
Reputation: 125
Charley, are water and sewer billed together quarterly? I understand water runs about $75 per quarter for an "average" household. Is the sewer fee an additional $75?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 AM
 
19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Reputation: 27216
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieC View Post
Charley, are water and sewer billed together quarterly? I understand water runs about $75 per quarter for an "average" household. Is the sewer fee an additional $75?
The sewer fee of $70.55 is additional and paid quarterly to the county.

I think the water bill might be a little higher than that. I have no idea if I represent the average household, but I estimate my water usage to be about 45,000 gallons a year and my annual cost, in 2009 dollars, to be about $492, so an average of $123 per quarter. Of course, every shower I take in the clubhouse instead of home ...

From what I can tell, water costs are higher in Delaware than New York, but gas for heating (as well as gas for driving) and electricity are lower. Cable seems to be about the same.

I can't promise that my estimates are spot on - but I've done a lot of work on them and I think I'm in the ballpark with just about all budget items. The only one that I can't yet get a handle on is the cost of health insurance. Hopefully, as the issues start to sort themselves out and I know whether I'll have the benefit of vesting with wife's insurance, conversion to an individual policy with the same company or buying something new in Delaware, I'll have a better handle. (Our budget calls for the "something new in Delaware", the most expensive option, just in case.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
 
4,628 posts, read 5,978,327 times
Reputation: 7517
Quote:
Originally Posted by takin'theplunge! View Post
Right now I have a HUGE concern that I hope people can help with:
I noticed on the city-data site that Felton has 57 registered sex offenders in its midst. In such a small town, how is this so disproportinate to the population? We live in a town of 40,000 and have seven....!
TTPlunge - I understand. It's a concern to us in Delaware, and we don't take it lightly. There are 2,636 registered sex offenders in the State. Since this is a general discussion topic, not a 55+ Community topic, I'll post information somewhere else.

Where do you suggest, Moderator? A thread to itself, DE News Maybe You Can Use, or Chit Chat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top