Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 10:03 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Thank you.

You can eat nothing but junk and be underweight/average weight/etc. It's all about numbers, unless you are in the small percentage who has a medical issue impacting your weight.

And yes my Cookie Crisp cereal was delicious this morning. Along with my whole milk, pop chips, ham and provolone sandwich, chocolate haze craze yogurt (disappointment) and beer. (FYI my BMI is < 20.) Night shifts make my "breakfast" more like my dinner time.
Yes, calories in/out is what matters for weight loss. But much more than that matters for health.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:33 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I counted 42 different high-sugar breakfast cereals at my local Wal-Mart today. 42 !
The least-busiest aisle was produce and the biggest queue was at the pre-cooked lunch counter.
The 300lbs lady in front of me at the check-out was so fat she was in a motorized wheelchair provided by the store to help her shop because walking was too much of a strain.
She had her son with her who I would say was about 14-years-old and he must have weighed 200lbs.
Her final bill came to $96 dollars - there wasn't a single piece of vegetable or fruit among what she'd bought and virtually everything was food which didn't need any preparation other than opening a packet.
I guestimated 75% of the people in the store were obese.
There just doesn't seem to be a lot of shame about being fat in America these days.
Hey! I was behind them in WallyWorld last week! There has to be some way of culling the population nowadays! This might just be 'it'! Those that choose to eat healthy live longer and the ones that do not, go sooner. I'd rather MY tax dollars didn't go taking care of them or the smokers, either! **I am not trying to start a fight with smokers, just commenting on the OPs thread.i
Honestly, I'd rather live nextdoor to that family than the smokers...any day...all day long! There is absolutely NO POSITIVE REASON(s) to SMOKE these days...not cigarettes and not those ecig/vapor faux cigs! Only BAD comes from it. So send me the sugar addicts IF I can send you my smokers!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:42 AM

128 posts, read 207,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Truth!
EXCELLENT...I second your quote.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:01 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Yes, calories in/out is what matters for weight loss. But much more than that matters for health.

The title of the thread was why Americans were fat, not about health. For this, only calories in/our matters, unless you have a medical condition that impacts this.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:31 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
For a single meal? Most women who are trying to lose or maintain weight have a range somewhere between 1200 and 1600 calories/day (maybe more depending on activity level.) A lunch of 800 calories is half her daily intake, so yeah, that's a lot.
You must have missed the part where I said, 'For a guy'!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemoangel View Post
EXCELLENT...I second your quote.
Marvelous!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Gary Taubes and many others in the lo-carb community disagree with the energy balance equation, saying that excess carbohydrate consumption along with the resulting insulin spike are what cause weight gain. And for some people, that seems to be the case.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:58 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Gary Taubes and many others in the lo-carb community disagree with the energy balance equation, saying that excess carbohydrate consumption along with the resulting insulin spike are what cause weight gain. And for some people, that seems to be the case.
Replace "excess carbohydrate consumption" with "excess food consumption" and you have a winner. Excess consumption of ANYTHING will ultimately lead to weight gain. If it's excess - it's more than you should have by definition. That's why it's called excess.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Replace "excess carbohydrate consumption" with "excess food consumption" and you have a winner. Excess consumption of ANYTHING will ultimately lead to weight gain. If it's excess - it's more than you should have by definition. That's why it's called excess.
Oh

Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
You can lose weight while eating nothing but pizza and chocolate. You just have to eat smaller amounts and/or exercise a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss