Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:43 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times

Advertisements

I just read this thread for the first time and it's amazing how people reporting adverse effects (not failure of the product, it's well known the active ingredient in frontline and petarmour hasn't been working in all areas) are brand new posters. Not one long-time member has experienced their dog vomiting, skin burns, whatever. What are the odds?

Old 10-30-2011, 01:48 PM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
i usualy used k9 advantix for the dogs, but with moving money was tight so last monght bought pet armor, (front line plus doesnt have a good track record in my area of ct but i havent tried it in a while, so i did...
same result as frontline plus the fleas were biting right through it.

given while on advantix i never saw a single flea on any of the dogs i will be returning to advantix in the spring for the dogs. its more expensive than the pet armour obviously...but since it has worked better for my dogs against fleas and ticks id rather use the thing that works than pay money for something that doesn...in my case that means frontline plus AND pet armour are about as usefull as a rock to the head so wont be buying either ever again.
So sorry you wasted your money but since Pet Armour is basically the same as Frontline Plus, and Frontline doesn't work in your area, it does make sense that Pet Armour wouldn't work in your area.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:57 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
yes it does, but as i said, it had been about 5 yrs since i tried frontline...and figured in terms of timing it would be worth it...obviously wasnt which scares me a little given the fleas lifespan if the local strain has built up a long term immunity to one tpe of pesticide it will obviously eventually happen with other types too...

but theres also talk about pet armour not working because of the inactive ingredients ect...

Old 10-30-2011, 10:44 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
[quote=foxywench;21501644but theres also talk about pet armour not working because of the inactive ingredients ect...[/quote]
Thats a very real possbility. Since PerArmor is new (by product standards) there isn't enough scientific evidence to know for sure so nobody can say with certainty. But the front running belief is that the inactive ingredients may have a conflict between the two. Its like when a doctor has you on one medication and wants to switch to another but they have to back you off one because the way the new one diserses thoughout the body condflicts with the old one. they need you body to get over one way so the other can work. I heard that most test show it takes 30 or so days to get the glands to accept the other formular without problems so you may want to wait a month with no treatment before starting the other, even then it may take another 30 days for the dogs glands to start producingt what is necessary for good dispersal. That means it may be as much as 2 months to see results.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:53 AM

5 posts, read 32,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
defensive, much??

yes... this is america and you DO absolutely have the right to post in whatever color and font you desire.... but when such choices make a post difficult to read, many will not even bother and your almighty important opinion is missed.....

fwiw ... chiroptera made valid points.... i, too, have used frontline plus for years and am now using pet armor.... and it is working well for us.... although i am keeping my fingers crossed with each application because i know that fleas are developing a resistance to it....
Please explain how the color pink and using bold, italics makes the post difficult to read. I believe it was very clear, i mean you got the point of my post or you would not have responded. I think this disscusion is over now as it does not even have anything to do with the topic at hand

Old 11-14-2011, 06:42 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
Neisey, Not to be critical, but I'm in my 50's, my vision stinks, and yes the pink italics are hard for me. Just an FYI. I wish I could give the same kind of FYI to a lot of the people who design product packaging!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Neisey, Not to be critical, but I'm in my 50's, my vision stinks, and yes the pink italics are hard for me. Just an FYI. I wish I could give the same kind of FYI to a lot of the people who design product packaging!

ditto for me.....

Old 02-19-2012, 10:02 AM

3 posts, read 17,923 times
I put petarmour on my springer spaniel 2 weeks ago. I bathed him before I applied the product, but after 2 weeks he is still itching and scratching, I had washed his bedding also before application. He didn't get sick at all from it, but just keeps scratching.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
could be having a reaction to old flea bites....

my roxie is very sensitive to flea bites, apparently.... took me 2-3 weeks of benedryl to clear up where she had scratched her skin to extreme irritation.....

Old 02-19-2012, 12:12 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
it can take a month for itching to die downexpecially in a dog with a flea allergy, it can also take 3 months for ANY topical product to break the lifecycle...it only kills the fleas on the dog, while the lava and eggs are still hidden in between couch cushions under the rug ect and you have to give any topical product a few months at least to see the full population die down.

its also suggested to wait 24 hours after a bath to apply a topical, they rely on the oils on the skin to spread properly, and dont bathe again for at least 24 hours.

my suggestion, check your pooch over throughly, if you find live fleas on the dog the pet amour isnt working for you and youll probably need to switch to a different product...
if howveer you just have alot of itching but no live flas its probably just residual bites and ive give it a little bit longer. if the itching is very disruptive (red spots hairloss ect) off to the vet for a skin check up...

i ended up going with advantage (cheaper than advantix and safe for the cats) and it sems to be doing well though im having to reapply a few days early to keep them from returning...definatly better results than pet armour or frontline plus... (i get about 3-31/2 weeks out of each dose before ill see the occasional live flea as opposed to the 4 its supposed to cover for...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs