Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:38 AM

5 posts, read 32,131 times

Advertisements

Do not waste your time or money going to buy this product. I purchased it and we just got a new dog so my other dogs were previously treated with Frontline and this month i tried PetArmor. This was our new dogs first time being treated and so we tried PetArmor but it did not work. I will now go back to Frontline which i should have never switched in the first place. Like they say, "If it's not broke, don't fix it", and this applys to the situation at hand. Save more money? Yea right, now i have wasted money i did not have to begin with. Another saying that applys to this situation is "You get what you pay for". A few words of advice, don't waste your money cause it does not even begin to compare with Frontline as it claims.Maybe the PetArmor company should stop spending all their money on advertising the product and put the money into creating a product that works and does what they claim it to do. One very unhappy former customer.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
all 3 of my dogs have been treated with the pet armour now and it is working well for us.....

Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
One application (1 tube of 3 provided) took care of Nanners' July 4th infestation that happened at someone's house in OC.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neisey40 View Post
Do not waste your time or money going to buy this product. I purchased it and we just got a new dog so my other dogs were previously treated with Frontline and this month i tried PetArmor. This was our new dogs first time being treated and so we tried PetArmor but it did not work. I will now go back to Frontline which i should have never switched in the first place. Like they say, "If it's not broke, don't fix it", and this applys to the situation at hand. Save more money? Yea right, now i have wasted money i did not have to begin with. Another saying that applys to this situation is "You get what you pay for". A few words of advice, don't waste your money cause it does not even begin to compare with Frontline as it claims.Maybe the PetArmor company should stop spending all their money on advertising the product and put the money into creating a product that works and does what they claim it to do. One very unhappy former customer.

Thank you for the informative one post wonder post, Frontline.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:20 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neisey40 View Post
Since petArmor and Frontline uses the same variation of the active ingredient, technically if one isn;t working the other should not work as well. However, the ingredients used to 'spread" the actives over the animnal are different so it could be
1. Its taking longer due to never using it before, (this occurs whenever starting or switching a product)
2. The animal has some condition that is preventing one formular from spreadring. (do you see flea/tick activity near the application area)
3. Its counterfeit (not possible if bought from Sams Club or Walmart and absoluteley counterfeit if bought from anywhere else).
Just keep in the back of your mind that because the active ingredient of petarmor and frontline are the same, frontline may not work as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,098 times
This product sucks. I bought it for my dog and she has been infested with fleas since I started using it. It claims to be the same as frontline, and in fact, the ONE ingredient it has is the same as frontline. However, it does not contain the other ingredients. I would highly recommend staying with frontline or going t o advantage.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:56 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanAtLarge View Post
This product sucks. I bought it for my dog and she has been infested with fleas since I started using it. It claims to be the same as frontline, and in fact, the ONE ingredient it has is the same as frontline. However, it does not contain the other ingredients. I would highly recommend staying with frontline or going t o advantage.
the active ingredient (the ingredient that actually kills the fleas/ticks) is the same variation in both products so if one is not killing the fleas and tick, the other won''t kill the fleas and ticks.

the inactive ingredients is the "carrier" used to spread the active over the body. these are diffrent so it could be the animal is unable to process the carrier over the body or it takes longer because the animals body hasn;t built up the process of carrying the active ingredient over the entire body

And don;t forget that because frontline is the most common treatment, areas of the country/world has seen fleas and ticks that have become immune to the insecticide and what appears like a product that won;t work is just the advancing of immunity. So you use frontline and it works, you switch to petarmor and it doesn;t, you switch back to frontline and guess what, it no longer working.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:42 AM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
We are on month 3 using Pet Armour and no fleas!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
I think I'm repeating myself in this thread but.....

Several years ago was a bad flea year; I got Frontline and it really didn't work that well. One of the dogs I had at the time was seriously allergic to fleas, I needed something bulletproof. Switched to Sentinel (I think) for the rest of the summer and it worked.

Earlier this summer - I moved in the meantime - I noticed fleas on the four dogs. I don't treat prophylactically, only if I see fleas; I'm a minimalist when it comes to this sort of thing....I've gone many summers without a single flea. Anyway, I was having a broke month so I bought Pet Armor. And, it worked. That was in June, I think. Used it for three months, no flea problems the rest of the summer.

To you up there who posted just once, in bright pink bold italics for some reason, - it works for many people's dogs, in many situations. Sometimes a flea medication will not work - because of local resistance, improper application, maybe even a fake or out-dated product or one that's been stored at too-high temperatures.

Telling people not to waste their money just because it didn't work the one time you used it is not really helpful information.

There is only one active ingredient in Frontline/Pet Armor, and actually several months ago I compared the inactive ingredients and IIRC, they were the same? But as PacificFlights says, the reason it's now available OTC and as a generic, is because it has been around the longest. Parasites do build resistance, so that's the most likely cause of it not working sometimes.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Two years ago Frontline Plus worked on the whole household (dogs and cats)

Last year it semi-worked the first time and nothing past that.

This year the first application did less than nothing and I bought Diatimatios Earth, (Food Grade), which is a non-poisionous power which kills the fleas on the dog or cat, can be safely licked off, and if you give your carpet and chairs a coating will get rid of them in the environment too.

Note that the 'plus' means it kills ticks. Pet armour is NOT the same generic as frontline PLUS.

Not spending a lot of money for chemicals when I can dust everyone and take care of the problem for about 20 dollars for ten pounds of the stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs