Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:04 AM

6 posts, read 138,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
My local newspaper had an article on this PetArmor product. It is a generic version of Frontline that supposedly has the same formulation and is selling for a much lower price ($28.00 for a 3 month supply).

Currently it is only available at Walmart, so I won't be buying it anytime soon, but I would love to hear some reviews from anyone who has tried it.

There is another new generic sold at pet retailers such as Petsmart, called Fiproguard Plus, that is somewhat cheaper than Frontline. I've had problems with flea and tick products before, so I am hesitant to change from Frontline without some very positive reviews.
We tried PetArmor Plus and it doesn't work. We've used Frontline Plus for years with stellar results. Have no idea why the PetArmor isn't doing the job, especially since it has the same active ingredients in the same amounts - 9.7% fipronil, as well as the the second ingredient that makes it "plus". We keep our home and our two mainly indoor Jack Russells clean, so we're not battling any unusual flea problem, would think even a somewhat inferior product would do the job for us. Poor things have fleas for the first time ever, I'm bathing them today and rushing out for Frontline! Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with PetArmor.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:38 AM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice B View Post
We tried PetArmor Plus and it doesn't work. We've used Frontline Plus for years with stellar results. Have no idea why the PetArmor isn't doing the job, especially since it has the same active ingredients in the same amounts - 9.7% fipronil, as well as the the second ingredient that makes it "plus". We keep our home and our two mainly indoor Jack Russells clean, so we're not battling any unusual flea problem, would think even a somewhat inferior product would do the job for us. Poor things have fleas for the first time ever, I'm bathing them today and rushing out for Frontline! Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with PetArmor.
Wow, you posted the same thing 3 times. No other posts on any other topic. HMMMM....do you work for Frontline Plus??????????

Old 07-21-2011, 11:26 AM

6 posts, read 138,035 times
Sorry about the three posts, have never been on a site like this before and wasn't sure how to find out about my problem.
Have received some pretty mean-spirited comments, didn't want to offend anyone, just wondering why PetArmor is working for a lot of people and not working for a lot of others.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times
Hey Janice. I've used Frontline for the dogs in our rescue for ages with no problems. I dosed them the 5th and 6th of July and it's totally ineffective. I had a vet appointment for one of the foster yesterday and asked the vet about it and he said he's hearing from everyone locally that Frontline just isn't working anymore. Fleas can build up and immunity to the product. He gave me a sample of Advantage Multi for the foster boy and recommended Comfortis very very very very strongly for the other dogs. I'm just trying it today and hoping it works. I've got a 4 pound chihuahua with severe flea allergy so Frontline not working has made his life absolute hell for a while now!

Old 07-21-2011, 11:57 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
well .... frontline is still working for us.... i just dosed bailey with the petarmour last night.... will watch her closely for the next week or two.... paws tightly crossed.....

Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 7,907 times
DOESNT WORK, I have always used frontline, I, my mother and sister bought pet armour at the same time..Bought it for both dogs and cats. It has been 3 weeks.. Poor animals are miserable. Save your money and buy frontline. The dog that got frontline does not have the fleas. So after spending about a hundred dollars,, we now have to wait the full 30 days to treat with something else.. Didnt save oringinal container or receipt,, but would never buy this again.. What a disapointment
Trish, pennsylvania

Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
been 8 days for Bailey and so far, so good......

Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 AM

150 posts, read 343,812 times
Second month application with Madison and no problems. She also spends the weekends at the lake with us, and no ticks or fleas.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 7,881 times
Default My dog had a seizure while on PetArmorPlus

My 4 year old terrier/chihuahua mix has his 1st seizure today. I am now wondering if the change in flea treatment might have been the cause of his seizure. I switched him to PetArmor about 2 weeks ago from FrontLinePlus. Anyone have any other similar experiences? I'm taking him to his regular vet tomorrow. We will see what the vet thinks.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
It's possible. The one and only time I tried an off-brand flea and tic repellent (OTC at Petsmart), my dogs began drooling within 20 minutes of applying it. I immediately bathed them, and they were ok, but it was scary for a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs