Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times

Advertisements

The Koch Brothers support John Birch ideology. FStv.com reviewed their agenda recently.

I'm not narrow minded. I am open to any Independent who can win in 2012. Why should it bother you that people dont buy into media hype? This is an opinion forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 04:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The Koch Brothers support John Birch ideology. FStv.com reviewed their agenda recently.

I'm not narrow minded. I am open to any Independent who can win in 2012. Why should it bother you that people dont buy into media hype? This is an opinion forum.
I would support an independant that could win as well, but right now, this is not going to happen. We need to look at our choices and go with what we think will work for the majority of the people. When I see someone say he/she doesn't like somebody because they have an R or D next to their name, I see narrow minded thinker.

Nita

Old 04-25-2011, 04:45 PM

What about Ron Paul? he is for abolishing the Fed. I like that he stands up for actual issues.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:57 PM

232 posts, read 221,352 times
Quote:
What about Ron Paul? he is for abolishing the Fed. I like that he stands up for actual issues.
He doesn't support immediately ending the fed. Nay-sayers like to use this against him citing the devastating effect on the economy it would have. Dr. Paul wants to phase out it's power over us, which would eventually lead to it ending.

My point is, the people that like to delegitimize him use the fed argument against him. He stands for much more than just abolishing the Fed so I think we should all work together to spread the underlying ideology of sound money and small government.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Ron Paul has a good following in the area I live in (at the moment) he should run- Independents are disgusted with both sides.

The system has been broken, and business as usual, bailing out Wall Street, is not what people want. Anyone running who supports Bernanke is untrustworthy.(to put it mildly)

Old 04-25-2011, 05:18 PM

232 posts, read 221,352 times
Quote:
Ron Paul has a good following in the area I live in (at the moment) he should run- Independents are disgusted with both sides.

The system has been broken, and business as usual, bailing out Wall Street, is not what people want. Anyone running who supports Bernanke is untrustworthy.(to put it mildly)
I can't believe people hold trust and have faith in Geithner. That man gives me the creeps everytime I listen to him.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I like his views on energy, he is PRO solar, ANTI Nuclear, He wants to END the FED, He wants SMALLER Government, he is ANTI NAFTA and NWO, he is ANTI FLUORIDE in our water !! He wants affordable health care for all Americans. He is ANTI military, and PRO self sustainability (agriculture, infrastructure and culture) he is also PRO transparent government.

I don't care about PARTIES I care about individuals and their individual views on policies.
Yep, Kucinich. He is a man of integrity, knowledge, and heart. He is also for repealing the "Patriot" Act. I am going to write him in on the 2012 ballot. If he didn't have a 'D' behind his name, you could look at his policies and not be able to guess what party he belongs to.

But this is all just a fun mental exercise since the POTUS 2012 and beyond has already been chosen by the Puppeteers. We will get to vote so it "looks pretty", but their man will get in no matter what.

There is no difference (with a few exceptions such as Kucinich) between the parties. They all march to the same drummer- bought and paid for, gun to the head if need be, and impeached/disgraced/or even assassinated if he/she steps out of line.

So I am no longer stroking myself into choosing between R and D because "my vote makes a difference"- it doesn't. But I can at least write in who I want and be square with myself.

I LOVE it that Kucinich runs for POTUS every cycle and enters the debates. He knows he's not got a chance in Hades of winning. He just wants to publicly hold some feet to the fire and communicate some common sense ideas he hopes will take root in the American psyche.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
Ron Paul would get this independent's vote.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Ron Paul to Form Exploratory Committee - Washington Wire - WSJ

Ron Paul will get my unconditional support ..

Old 04-25-2011, 09:17 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,658 times
I want to see who all will come forward. But if I had to choose from those already pretty much in, I'd choose Ron Paul, like I did in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections