Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I guess I didn't make it very clear, I didn't mean his social issues differed, my point was most Republicans are fiscal conservatives. You claim they are not. As for his running, again, his age is totally against him and as I have mentioned he just doesn't have the personality that will turn people on. It is sad we vote for people because of personality or likability but it is a fact.

Nita
Regarding fiscal conservatives, they vote Republican, but the Republican Party is not fiscally conservative. For 30 years now, Republican Presidents consistently put us dangerously in debt. Only Bill Clinton, a democrat didn't.

By the way, what's wrong with Ron Paul's personality? I find charisma refreshing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Obama in 2012 followed by Cuomo in 2016. Pretty simple, pretty clear.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Regarding fiscal conservatives, they vote Republican, but the Republican Party is not fiscally conservative. For 30 years now, Republican Presidents consistently put us dangerously in debt. Only Bill Clinton, a democrat didn't.

By the way, what's wrong with Ron Paul's personality? I find charisma refreshing.
As for Ron Pual being charismatic, this is very subjective. Overall I think people just do not like him. Maybe he comes across as mean spirited, not the type of person you would want representing our country. he just plain can not win and people have to consider the age factor as well.

There is a little more to the debt issue than who is or was President. Shall we talk about who was in control of the houses during most of those years for starters?

Nita

Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obama in 2012 followed by Cuomo in 2016. Pretty simple, pretty clear.
You certrainly do not really think Cuomo will be the next President, if you do, you might need to come off your narrow minded thoughts and get real. Not to mention you are talking 5 plus years from how. who knows what will happne next year, much less 5 years from now. Maybe you would like to predict who will be President in 2032?

Nita

Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
With the current possible candidates I would have to vote Obama once again, retreads and rejects hold no interest for me. The GOP needs to find people with new ideas and a track record to prove they can produce instead of making false promises they know they cannot keep.

Casper
I am independent and have the same thoughts. I will vote Obama. No one in the running for the GOP will get my vote. I also don't like any third party candidates. I know what Obama is about since he has been the president thus far. I don't agree with everything he does or says but I don't agree with everything that anyone does or says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sorry but no true "Independent" would say Obama in such a certain manner. I dont know who id vote for at this point. I see none that I like. However, I will NOT vote Obama. That hope/change failure proved to be as bad as predicted. Unless youre a liberal, I dont see how you could cast a vote for this man again.
And to this, I do consider myself a true Independent and am certain I will vote for Obama. Just like you see none you like, I don't either and will go with who I know right now. I have some liberal and conservative beliefs and feel I am moderate. I would have voted for McCain, who I voted for in the primaries when he ran in 2000, in 2008 if he hadn't picked Palin as his VP candidate. I didn't think that was evidence of good decision making on his part. I don't like social conservatism but I do like the traditional definition of a Republican. Unfortunately, the majority of Republicans do not fit that definition IMO and the slew of candidates on the right look and sound like a freak show to me.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

And to this, I do consider myself a true Independent and am certain I will vote for Obama. Just like you see none you like, I don't either and will go with who I know right now. I have some liberal and conservative beliefs and feel I am moderate. I would have voted for McCain, who I voted for in the primaries when he ran in 2000, in 2008 if he hadn't picked Palin as his VP candidate. I didn't think that was evidence of good decision making on his part. I don't like social conservatism but I do like the traditional definition of a Republican. Unfortunately, the majority of Republicans do not fit that definition IMO and the slew of candidates on the right look and sound like a freak show to me.
I also was all set to vote for McCain until he brought Palin on board. That threw my reluctant vote to Obama. I am not certain that I would vote for Obama in 2012, but it would take a moderate Republican to get my vote, and moderation doesn't seem to be the the mindset of the GOP at this time.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
With the current possible candidates I would have to vote Obama once again, retreads and rejects hold no interest for me. The GOP needs to find people with new ideas and a track record to prove they can produce instead of making false promises they know they cannot keep.
Oh, just a reminder to those that post here, this is for Independent voters if you vote straight ticket you are NOT an Independent.
Casper
Thanks. Glad a few are honest to respond here. Im not happy w. Obama BUT...wow I am NOT seeing any viable intelligent alternatives. And the tea party could have been a good thing if it wasnt another idea hijacked by multi-national corrupt banks and corps.

The right has too many female train wrecks. I will NOT vote for a lunatic who has a V.P. who looks like a candyass reality personality. America needs to get real.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:01 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You certrainly do not really think Cuomo will be the next President, if you do, you might need to come off your narrow minded thoughts and get real. Not to mention you are talking 5 plus years from how. who knows what will happne next year, much less 5 years from now. Maybe you would like to predict who will be President in 2032?

Nita
2032, hmmmm. How old will the oldest Obama girl be then? Born 1998, nope, not quite.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:03 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I also was all set to vote for McCain until he brought Palin on board. That threw my reluctant vote to Obama. I am not certain that I would vote for Obama in 2012, but it would take a moderate Republican to get my vote, and moderation doesn't seem to be the the mindset of the GOP at this time.
McCain was not objectionable as a person, til he proved he'd pick a token bimbo to get half the vote.(or maybe he was forced to by the powers that be)

Im female, and cannot believe a man who was a POW in Vietnam could pick that idiot. He lost the Ind./intelligent female vote.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I think that sums it up well.

Obama is actually quite electable. There are quite a few questionable Democrats that I wouldn't vote for, but the mindset of the GOP is much less electable for the general populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections