Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:35 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times

Advertisements

Sorry but no true "Independent" would say Obama in such a certain manner. I dont know who id vote for at this point. I see none that I like. However, I will NOT vote Obama. That hope/change failure proved to be as bad as predicted. Unless youre a liberal, I dont see how you could cast a vote for this man again.

I really hope we get some surprise candidates in the run soon, because the crop out there now are a joke. Better than O, but none I'd be too confident and proud of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
I will say perhaps Herman Cain, but I need to hear more and learn more about him. Too bad hed be seen as "traitor" U T by the Left

Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
I'm democrat-leaning and will probably vote for Obama.

I do like Ron Paul a lot as he might be the first actual genuine fiscal conservative we've seen in our lifetimes outside of Bill Clinton.

If Republicans support him, Id probably vote for him. But I think the republican party would never allow a true fiscal conservative to ever get the nomination.

I'd rather have a Dem spend a lot domestically than a Republican spend more internationally.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:39 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,462 times
Well I reckon I'll have to rain on the parade. aint NO 3rd Party ever going to get near a nomination much less the office! The R's/D's will NEVER give up their money/power/control thru the voting box.! Once upon a time a 3rd Party MIGHT of had a shot but now in 2011 We the People stand on the same ground our forefathers did in 1773 and again in 1860. I am not some insane violent radical, I woke up to the reality of modern America 12 yrs ago. The only way back to our Constitutional Republic IF we can get it back WILL require a re-run of our birth pains of the 1770's. And I don't know if we have the same mettle as a nation and people that we did in 1773. Wake up, prepare, PRAY and then pray again..........

Old 03-27-2011, 08:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I'm democrat-leaning and will probably vote for Obama.

I do like Ron Paul a lot as he might be the first actual genuine fiscal conservative we've seen in our lifetimes outside of Bill Clinton.

If Republicans support him, Id probably vote for him. But I think the republican party would never allow a true fiscal conservative to ever get the nomination.

I'd rather have a Dem spend a lot domestically than a Republican spend more internationally.
His fiscal conservatism is not what is hurting him. Most true right wingers are fically conservative. The debate is more about social issues. Ron Paul is just not liked by many and being in his late 70s at election time would kill him.

Nita

Old 03-27-2011, 09:11 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
His fiscal conservatism is not what is hurting him. Most true right wingers are fically conservative. The debate is more about social issues. Ron Paul is just not liked by many and being in his late 70s at election time would kill him.

Nita
How are his social issues different? Paul mimics that like any other Republican.

The only difference is the Republican party isn't actually fiscally conservative, only their followers are lied to about that to get their votes. Those same Republicans in power are strongly at work behind the scenes to get enough bad stuff on Paul to make sure he doesn't get the nomination.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Well I reckon I'll have to rain on the parade. aint NO 3rd Party ever going to get near a nomination much less the office! The R's/D's will NEVER give up their money/power/control thru the voting box.! Once upon a time a 3rd Party MIGHT of had a shot but now in 2011 We the People stand on the same ground our forefathers did in 1773 and again in 1860. I am not some insane violent radical, I woke up to the reality of modern America 12 yrs ago. The only way back to our Constitutional Republic IF we can get it back WILL require a re-run of our birth pains of the 1770's. And I don't know if we have the same mettle as a nation and people that we did in 1773. Wake up, prepare, PRAY and then pray again..........
Well I reckon I'll rain on your parade...some of us here in the good ol' United States of America don't vote for a candidate just because we think he'll win or he's "not as bad as the other guy." Some of us actually vote our conscience and vote people who match our principles and beliefs.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,462 times
And look what ya got in the last how many elections? What good did it do to back Ron Paul in 2008? To vote for any other than the one with a R or D beside his name is futile. And now Paul is likely doing it again in 2012 and it will have the same ending - he will garner less than 10% of the vote and the campaign will waste millions of hard earned dollars of working stiffs just like in 2008! You cannot win or even come close in a crooked poker game. The system is broke and all the wishful thinking aint going to make it work, I'm truly sorry BUT the voting box is rigged and as long as the Sheeple continue to play THEIR game according to THEIR rules we will not get any change.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
How are his social issues different? Paul mimics that like any other Republican.

The only difference is the Republican party isn't actually fiscally conservative, only their followers are lied to about that to get their votes. Those same Republicans in power are strongly at work behind the scenes to get enough bad stuff on Paul to make sure he doesn't get the nomination.
I guess I didn't make it very clear, I didn't mean his social issues differed, my point was most Republicans are fiscal conservatives. You claim they are not. As for his running, again, his age is totally against him and as I have mentioned he just doesn't have the personality that will turn people on. It is sad we vote for people because of personality or likability but it is a fact.

Nita

Old 03-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
And look what ya got in the last how many elections? What good did it do to back Ron Paul in 2008? To vote for any other than the one with a R or D beside his name is futile. And now Paul is likely doing it again in 2012 and it will have the same ending - he will garner less than 10% of the vote and the campaign will waste millions of hard earned dollars of working stiffs just like in 2008! You cannot win or even come close in a crooked poker game. The system is broke and all the wishful thinking aint going to make it work, I'm truly sorry BUT the voting box is rigged and as long as the Sheeple continue to play THEIR game according to THEIR rules we will not get any change.
boy do you have an unusual way of looking at things. No, Paul will not get 10%, you are right, he won't run and if he doesn't Rand will be a viable candidate.

BTW, look at what we got in the last several elections? It might surprise you to know many of us have been pretty happy and pround of some of our last Presidents. No, not everybody and no, not everyone has measured up, but a few have. I guess the old saying "America, love it or leave it" fits pretty well.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections