Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Yelling loudly and stomping your feet doesn't always make you right. Ask my kids. He's a media wh@re IMO.
And this makes him different from other politicians

Actually those that are NOT on the b.s talk shows and crap reality shows are the ones with credibility. Trump cld be good for financial issues...yes he is an odious person, but sometimes they get the job done.

If they dont find a decent Indep. who isnt a nut tea-bagger, I guess we have no choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 12:52 PM

577 posts, read 900,581 times
I will like whoever favors a middle east withdrawal... not really for ideological reasons but because it is such a crushing financial strain on our economy, and the money is desperately needed domestically. I'm flabbergasted that Obama got us into a third war, isn't that why they told us not to vote for McCain? After this whole Obama fiasco I'm not even sure I can bring myself to vote at all.... but I will.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:49 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,103,176 times
I'm an independent with a slight lean to the right.

But these days it's harder and harder to tell these two parties apart.

What happened to less spending and smaller gov't?

I voted for Obama last time

It's no slam dunk that I'll vote for Obama again.

I took an online questionare to determine which candidate was the best fit for me in 2008, the answer was Mitt Romney. Mitt has no chance of being the GOP choice for president (too liberal)

I'll do my homework once we get a lirttle closer.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 PM

Whoever supports (I-VT) Bernie Sanders in his clamping down on Wall St and SEC corruption....or whoever fires Timothy Geithner.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 PM

Overall, other than Trump (who appears too "liberal-minded") to southerners, there is no competition for Obama.

Both Repugs and dems are STILL losing the sight of Independents who are fed up. Maybe Lou Dobbs will run for office someday.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Overall, other than Trump (who appears too "liberal-minded") to southerners, there is no competition for Obama.

Both Repugs and dems are STILL losing the sight of Independents who are fed up. Maybe Lou Dobbs will run for office someday.
If Lou Dobbs is even going to run it would have to be now, or maybe 2016 but not someday. I don't think the American people want a Pres that is so socially conservative anyway.

Nita

Old 04-14-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If Lou Dobbs is even going to run it would have to be now, or maybe 2016 but not someday. I don't think the American people want a Pres that is so socially conservative anyway.

Nita
really?. Im not seeing socially liberal is accepted that much.

Trump has just created a circus. Im tired of it already. Its turning off voters a year early.

I voted Obama, and that turned out like voting for banking corruption and Federal bailouts.

Other than that I am way sick of media circus. Its sickening, I will not even turn the tv on unless its to watch a classic film on TCM. I have satellite and watch 2 channels, lol. Thats another problem in America. Too much trash media.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:05 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I'm an Independent, and my vote goes to Barack Obama. He has been an excellent president. He had the misfortune of taking over the country after Bush. Bush easily the worst in history. He also doesn't have the aid of a second major political group, as the GOP has long checked out. GOP a non-factor with their obstructionist tactics, petty, inaccurate, trite narratives, whining, clueless commentary, and failure to come up with ideas to solve problems.

We are fortunate to have Obama at the helm, and there isn't an opposition candidate who can touch him. He's here through 2016.
I think you forget anyone can read your past posts. Nobody will buy that you are an Independent.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:09 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808s View Post
Above all else, I'd choose Anthony Weiner (D-NY) in 2016. Even if you do not agree with his politics, you have to have respect for the fact that he is compassionate about the issues affecting Americans and that he's not self-serving like most politicians, Republican or Democrat.
I think he's Lindsey Graham with a D. He's a drama queen.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
really?. Im not seeing socially liberal is accepted that much.

Trump has just created a circus. Im tired of it already. Its turning off voters a year early.

I voted Obama, and that turned out like voting for banking corruption and Federal bailouts.

Other than that I am way sick of media circus. Its sickening, I will not even turn the tv on unless its to watch a classic film on TCM. I have satellite and watch 2 channels, lol. Thats another problem in America. Too much trash media.
there is socially liberal and there is in your face socially conservative. For the most part, the mainstream GOP would rather see socially liberal and fiscally conservative instead of the other way around.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections