Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:21 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You certrainly do not really think Cuomo will be the next President, if you do, you might need to come off your narrow minded thoughts and get real. Not to mention you are talking 5 plus years from how. who knows what will happne next year, much less 5 years from now. Maybe you would like to predict who will be President in 2032?

Nita
If we are in any kind of financial straights like we are now, I don't think any politician from NY (or California) could be elected President. The NY national media would try to sell you on a New Yorker (like the time they were in their NY bubble and thought Bloomberg had a chance) but the rest of the country will look at their states (or their city) and go, "No way!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
really?. Im not seeing socially liberal is accepted that much.

Trump has just created a circus. Im tired of it already. Its turning off voters a year early.

I voted Obama, and that turned out like voting for banking corruption and Federal bailouts.

Other than that I am way sick of media circus. Its sickening, I will not even turn the tv on unless its to watch a classic film on TCM. I have satellite and watch 2 channels, lol. Thats another problem in America. Too much trash media.
Using wedge issues such as Gay Marriage worked in 04 for the GOP, its not going to work this year. Despite how much the GOP tries (and Pawlenty flip flops all over himself in his rightward sprint) they aren't going to be able to make an issue out of the gays or wear their religion on their sleeve and appeal to the middle.

If the GOP is going to have a chance its going to come down to Hunstman, Daniels and perhaps Romney (depending on how much he flips and flips). The hard line social conservatives are not going to appeal to the public at large.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
What they never address is what Independents care about. The economy.

Watch more idiots-talking heads on CNN saying "its the economy..." and yet this will never be addressed, just like in '08, where all we saw was a repub. candidate who said economy is sound just before it crashed and burned (lol, McCain).

Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 PM

324 posts, read 877,160 times
Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich or Rand Paul period.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich or Rand Paul period.
arnn't you looking at the opposite sides of the spectrum? How can anyone say Rand Paul or Kucenich would be thier choice? I can see you pulling for one of the three but I don't understand your choice of Kucenich except for his views on the military. Even then, his reasoning behind getting out of the mid east are different from Paul's.

Nita

Old 04-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Trump was on Candy Crowley/CNN today today. He stated that:

..." If the Saudis give us 30 billion we will go to Libya, also the Saudis have money coming out their ears. Stop using the U.S...pay our country and we will take out Qaddhafi."..

Independents like that he is a hard-line business man. He also railed on the oil companies and that American citizens cannot take much more. He said :

..."there is plenty of oil its controlled by Arabs/OPEC. They need to pay up if they want us thrown into another war'. There is no shortage of oil, only criminals manipulating the price and trying to create panic.

He IS speaking for the independents in that he has the .....cojones to speak the truth. No other repub or Dem has.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 PM

324 posts, read 877,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
I can see you pulling for one of the three but I don't understand your choice of Kucenich
I like his views on energy, he is PRO solar, ANTI Nuclear, He wants to END the FED, He wants SMALLER Government, he is ANTI NAFTA and NWO, he is ANTI FLUORIDE in our water !! He wants affordable health care for all Americans. He is ANTI military, and PRO self sustainability (agriculture, infrastructure and culture) he is also PRO transparent government.

I don't care about PARTIES I care about individuals and their individual views on policies.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:06 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,198 times
I like Herman Cain!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM

Trump is doing well in the polls. Thats good bcs Independents are sick of the lunatic tea party. interesting that Repugs have no answer this year. They are still confused. lol..HINT: CNN and mass hysteria, as well as gun-toting psychos to Tucson= HUGE turn off for Independents....

Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I like his views on energy, he is PRO solar, ANTI Nuclear, He wants to END the FED, He wants SMALLER Government, he is ANTI NAFTA and NWO, he is ANTI FLUORIDE in our water !! He wants affordable health care for all Americans. He is ANTI military, and PRO self sustainability (agriculture, infrastructure and culture) he is also PRO transparent government.

I don't care about PARTIES I care about individuals and their individual views on policies.
yep, you hit the nail on the head, why people don't like him: he wants to cut government and he is anti military: that is how he would cut the government, by taking away the military...Sure, just what we need, no military or almost none. This is not for me and it isn't for most Americans. Trimming is one thing, being anti is quite another. He is an idiot in my view.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections