Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 07:35 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,782 times

Advertisements

So why does the media keep focusing on this? Because Paul has accomplished nothing while in office. What legislation has he written that became law? What leadership positions has he filled? Did he lead or participate in any negotiations with the opposition? Show me where Paul can say "I did (...)".

As far as I can tell, all he's done while in office is introduce a bunch of bills that went nowhere and shill some newsletter he's now disavowed. It's one thing to have good ideas, it's quite another to turn them into reality. If he doesn't like the way the media is treating this, I'd like to see how he handles Putin or Aljamenihad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 07:37 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
So why does the media keep focusing on this? Because Paul has accomplished nothing while in office. What legislation has he written that became law? What leadership positions has he filled? Did he lead or participate in any negotiations with the opposition? Show me where Paul can say "I did (...)".

As far as I can tell, all he's done while in office is introduce a bunch of bills that went nowhere and shill some newsletter he's now disavowed. It's one thing to have good ideas, it's quite another to turn them into reality. If he doesn't like the way the media is treating this, I'd like to see how he handles Putin or Aljamenihad.
Ron Paul has been in office for 30 some odd years.

You are free to look up his record yourself.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:31 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Ron Paul has been in office for 30 some odd years.

You are free to look up his record yourself.
This "look up his record" response seems to be the Paul supporter's reply to whenever someone challenges his (lack of) accomplishments.

I did. I didn't see anything substantial. Tell me what I'm issing.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:

Excellent points!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:17 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
“Maybe Republicans (should) ask themselves why does this 70-ish weird guy have all of this support?†- Tucker Carlson

Because he's the best man for the job, head & shoulders above the liberals that both the DNC & GOP are producing. You either love this country or hate it. If you support liberals your hatred of us is clear.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, of course he didn't know.

Like here, when he was promoting it on TV...it was an evil clone.

Ron Paul: "I Put Out An Investment Letter" - YouTube

Then when he sent out print material with his signature, sleep walking.

Ron Paul Newsletters: Ad Urging Subscription Warned Of 'Race War'

He might want to actually find the truth somewhere, instead of running through a convoluted gibbering story that is contracted by recorded history...and seemingly every time he opens his mouth. i know truth is irrelevant to true believers, but this is getting almost cartonnishly funny
You are referring to his investment newsletter which was different than the other newsletters.

Someone stamps his name on a newsletter and you call that his signature????

I know the truth is irrelevant to supporters of the status quo but your post is rather cartoonishly funny.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:

According to you the only leaders are the ones who pass bad legislation since we've had plenty of that. Why support failure?

So instead of blaming your Congresspeople for continuing to support failed policies like going into Iraq under false pretenses and passing the Housing Bill that destroyed the economy, you spin it to say Ron Paul blew it because he couldn't change the mind of losers.
How about you ask yourself "why continue to support the failures of the status quo"? How about you ask yourself "when are you going to wake up and smell the coffee"?

Old 12-24-2011, 12:55 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I saw this somewhere, I know half of it is accurate, but I am still researching on the rest.

PS: Gloria Borger is the CNN reporter.

"Gloria Borger is married to LANCE MORGAN. Lance is the chief communications and crisis strategist of POWELL TATE. Powell Tate is a D.C. firm that represents every part of the very same MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX that Ron Paul wants to reduce!

This is a total conflict of interest! Her husband's firm includes overseeing a coalition to support congressional funding to parts of the U.S. Military! All of these "journalists" seem to be profiting from these wars!"
I agree CNN is as partisan as Fox. I distrust them all. They are owned by banks and corporate interests only. Their agenda does not represent the people, who are fed up with partisan bs and bailouts.

And swing and Indeps are going for Paul.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:18 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,523 times
Quote:
This "look up his record" response seems to be the Paul supporter's reply to whenever someone challenges his (lack of) accomplishments.

Who said I was a Ron Paul supporter?

He has been in office for 30 years. And has worked as a medical doctor for many more.

You are free to look up his record just as anyone else.

If you don't approve of his record so be it. I don't particulary give a crap.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:

What is free and liberating about laws?

Freedom & Liberty does not come at the stroke of a pen.

Laws restrict our freedom & liberty.
Ron Paul is for Freedom & Liberty.

Do you see the conflict?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections