Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,467,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Look, I am sure that when it comes to The Great State of Washington, you are an expert beyond compare. All I am saying is that, if Obama cuts the rate of his decline in half, he will lose the election in a landslide and some supposedly blue states will change color. Washington was a "for instance" since Intrade only had it as "leaning Obama" when I posted.
UrbanLife is still correct, and anyone even reasonably familiar with WA State knows it has about as much chance of turning "Red" as California does (and BTW, InTrade is based out of Ireland... data vs living there, different things)!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:50 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Look, I am sure that when it comes to The Great State of Washington, you are an expert beyond compare. All I am saying is that, if Obama cuts the rate of his decline in half, he will lose the election in a landslide and some supposedly blue states will change color. Washington was a "for instance" since Intrade only had it as "leaning Obama" when I posted.
I didn't mean to come off rude, but basically what you were suggesting would be like saying Texas could go blue or become a toss up state. If I said that you would of laughed at me. Washington isn't a state that will be in play any times soon. As for their Senate and governor races, there was a lot of technical things going on and the Republicans in each one were much more moderate Republican by US standards.

The west coast is safe for Obama.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,961,252 times
Is anyone watching ABC? I swear Diane Sawyer must be drunk!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I didn't mean to come off rude, but basically what you were suggesting would be like saying Texas could go blue or become a toss up state. If I said that you would of laughed at me. Washington isn't a state that will be in play any times soon. As for their Senate and governor races, there was a lot of technical things going on and the Republicans in each one were much more moderate Republican by US standards.

california sure is, with 1/3 of all the US welfare cases residing there.

way to go, obama.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
california sure is, with 1/3 of all the US welfare cases residing there.

way to go, obama.
California is also our most populated state holding 12% of the county's population. It is basically like cramming New York and Florida into one state....so yes I can imagine California has the most welfare cases.

Quote:
The main reason California has such a high percentage of the nation's welfare cases is because it is one of the few states that continue to provide welfare checks for children once their parents are no longer eligible.
About three-quarters of California's welfare recipients are children age 18 and younger. Just three other states -- Indiana, Oregon and Rhode Island -- provide assistance checks to minors after their parents no longer qualify for welfare.
Nation's largest welfare state makes deep cuts - BusinessWeek
That should help give some context to your post....those pesky children sucking off the government's teet.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,245,988 times
National Poll(PPP)
Romney 49
Obama 47

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...ackingPoll.pdf

Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,840,821 times
movement in RCP no toss ups(which is the only thing that matters)

New Hampshire romney moves to Obama, increasing Obama EC to 281 from previous 277. Romney decrease from 261 EV to 257 EV's.

chheeea.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,968,440 times
Quote:

Yeah it won't be until the next election that Texas becomes a toss up.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times
Quote:
California is also our most populated state holding 12% of the county's population. It is basically like cramming New York and Florida into one state....so yes I can imagine California has the most welfare cases.

That should help give some context to your post....those pesky children sucking off the government's teet.
12% of the population, providing 33% of the welfare cases.

let me know how that works out for you, especially with the continued exodus of native californians, and inept leaders who won't acknowledge reality.

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-23-2012 at 06:27 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,578,104 times
Default The Hill: Poll Says Obama Win Is Sure

The Hill Poll: Voters switch, saying Obama is set to win second term| TheHill.com

Quote:
A strong majority of likely voters now expect President Obama to win a second term after an abrupt shift in perceptions about the state of the race, according to The Hill’s latest election poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections