Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Democrat Would have Best Chance at Beating Trump in 2020 for President?
Elizabeth Warren 19 17.12%
Jason Kander 6 5.41%
Tim Kaine 5 4.50%
Tim Ryan 5 4.50%
Keith Ellison 6 5.41%
other (explain) 70 63.06%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:02 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I am still hoping Dems push for a candidate that has military experience, ability to compromise reach across the aisle, lessen tax burdens & possibly do away with the IRS, improve social services/mental health, legalize marijuana, abolish the death penalty, be tough on big banks, reduce red tape & regulation in the Government, support NASA, be a big supporter of the environment, LGBT supporter, neutrality unless warranted in regards to police/community relations, and support State run single-payer health care.
Which is why if they want any chance of preserving the party they will start pushing Tammy Duckworth more into the public eye. She checks a large number of boxes, including she isn't an over-the-top idiot.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:22 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Did I say he was a greeat guy, all I said was he was a good fundraiser, I also said he has 0 chance to win.

The conservatives seem to, the last time polling was done on his Governorship, his approval ratings were in the high 50's
That popularity highly depends on what poll, and only the Hampton University one has him in the high 50's. More gave his approval rankings below 50% than above it. Regardless, even in his best polling his approval rating is below most previous governors. Virginians tend to like their governors.

He has been under at least two federal investigations, and the man hasn't been in office very long. My favorite is the "visas for donations" program tied to an electric car company and the Chinese.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is the Democrat governor of VA. Short piece on him on Fox News Sunday where he doesn't say he isn't considering it. (best you can get right now)

Also the architect behind Hillary's failed 2008 bid to become President. The VA governorship was his prize for loyalty to Hillary despite that stunning loss.

Now he hits that he might run for Democrat nominee to be President in 2020.

What do you think of his chances?
God help us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Which is why if they want any chance of preserving the party they will start pushing Tammy Duckworth more into the public eye. She checks a large number of boxes, including she isn't an over-the-top idiot.
Tammy Duckworth has been a rising star for 12 years now.

She was part of Rahm Emmanuel's strategy to take back the House in 2006, she lost that year, but the governor made her the head of the state V.A., then President Obama made her the Assistant Secretary of the U.S. V.A., then of course, she ran for congress and won a house seat, then she ran for senate and won that.

I dont think she will be the candidate(or a candidate at all) in 2020. She seems to be the type to wait her turn, she might run for governor though if Dick Durbin doesnt.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That popularity highly depends on what poll, and only the Hampton University one has him in the high 50's. More gave his approval rankings below 50% than above it. Regardless, even in his best polling his approval rating is below most previous governors. Virginians tend to like their governors.

He has been under at least two federal investigations, and the man hasn't been in office very long. My favorite is the "visas for donations" program tied to an electric car company and the Chinese.
Washington Post has him at 53% approval and only 33% disapproving.

As for the previous governors' approval ratings, the gap is because of Republ)cans as his approval among Democrats is even with previous Democratic governors.

MCAuliffe's approval not being as high as others is a causality of the times(partisan politics )

Old 03-02-2017, 02:57 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,082,182 times
The same Terry who allowed felons to vote to give VA to his gal pal Hildabeast........please run Terry.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:49 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Tiger Woods , but only at golf.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:02 AM

3,249 posts, read 3,204,745 times
I'll take Cory Booker for a thousand, Alex.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Tiger Woods , but only at golf.
LOL . +1

Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 AM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
I remember in 1970 when Ted Kennedy, even with Chappaquidick the year before, was going to beat Nixon in 1972. Then McGovern was going to mop the floor with Nixon.

Mondale was going to destroy Reagan in 1984.

Gary Hart was going to beat GHW Bush in 1988.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections