Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Democrat Would have Best Chance at Beating Trump in 2020 for President?
Elizabeth Warren 19 17.12%
Jason Kander 6 5.41%
Tim Kaine 5 4.50%
Tim Ryan 5 4.50%
Keith Ellison 6 5.41%
other (explain) 70 63.06%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 09:59 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times

Advertisements

I thought that because of Trump being the GOP candidate, the Democrats were going to take back Congress in 2016.

Really, "most hated President"? Not sure where you are getting that, but I suspect from the same source that said Hillary would win by a landslide!

"Democrats know what works and what doesn't." When did that start? They ran Hillary Clinton, cheated Bernie alienating thousands of Democrats...........

The Democrats will need a miracle in order to win in 2020 against either Trump or Pence. The Democrats are continuing to disgrace themselves and disgrace their party with this violence and hatefulness against Trump, his administration and his supporters.

Nominating someone like Hillary? Do you have any choices that aren't like Hillary is the real question.

Trump will have set what the American people want and electing a Democrat would destroy it. Good luck, you'll need it!

Oh, there was the thread "Why Not Oprah for 2020?" Ah,................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 10:08 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,108,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He's been a much better senator than anyone expected. He's good on the interview shows, smart and doesn't duck the questions. I'd consider voting for him.
Please tell us about his "much better" legislative matters. Like the bills that he sponsored and/or cosponsored. Hint -there are 4. If you think those are bills that a "much better" senator would be proud of you have a very low bar. If you want a senator that votes only with the way senate D leadership tells him to, then he is your man.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:16 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
He really knows this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-FYyuvrRk

Old 03-14-2017, 10:21 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
But why support puppets of Wall Street, big money donors and lobbyists? Whats in it for you to give them your support? Why not support people with a track record of standing up to the most powerful people in America who own Congress and the financial system?
Well, I just said earlier, I don't support either of those two. The Democrats lately all seem to be puppets of Wall Street. And the republicans are no better. So it's all a lost cause.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:52 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,127,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I replied with "i c wut you did thar".

But sadly, it could be a realistic possibility....cause the Dems are that out of touch with the normal person.
Like Trumpsters are in voting Trump/Pence?

Frankenstein actually will make a great duo but we don't expect any Trumpeter to know what is good considering who they voted into the White House - a snake's oil salesman.

Good luck with the TrumpDon'tCare plan...

Old 03-14-2017, 10:55 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Like Trumpsters are in voting Trump/Pence?

Frankenstein actually will make a great duo but we don't expect any Trumpeter to know what is good considering who they voted into the White House - a snake's oil salesman.

Good luck with the TrumpDon'tCare plan...
Frankenstein would be great if the liberals are looking for their fantasy of communism

Old 03-14-2017, 10:57 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
That will never work.

And Jill Stein is the left-wing equivalent of Trump: completely nuts.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:59 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Franken is nothing more than a male Hillary.
Hillary is nothing more than a male Hillary...

Old 03-14-2017, 11:41 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,369,489 times
If the {D}s run Franken/Stein the {R}s should counter with Bush/Cox.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
At this point, we obviously have two separate nations: an inevitable consequence of Marxism and multiculturalism.

I fail to see how continuing a low level cold war to elect which opposition leader will lead the enemy electorate every four years is a sane choice for either side.

We should call this quits before a hot war ignites. What would that look like? I have no idea. But it's better than the alternative.

Believe me now, or believe me in 10-15 years when things are infinitely worse. But you will likely come to believe me.

I won't say Franken wouldn't win, but I don't think that he would fare as well as did Sanders. I think that a Franken v.Trump election outcome would look much like the last election outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections