Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 04:36 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,889 times

Advertisements

Annual church thanksgiving football game. Running's paying off, I move much better and my conditionings on point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 07:15 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,066 times
Bodypump

Old 11-30-2013, 07:30 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,188 times
Walked a mile, hiked two.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:37 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,087 times
OHS
Squats
High bridge off bench - 3 sec up, 3 sec down
Split squats
Stiff leg DL
Kneeling shoulder press SS hip flexion
Mb twists

Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,632 times
None. I've got a cold.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:41 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
getting ready to do my routine,,,, in the basement

3 sets of benches 225 10 reps.... then 20 reps on my total gym,(chest and shoulder pulls),,,then 10 reps (80lbs) for curls,,, and 10 reps of military press

one station to the other 3-4 sets

Old 12-03-2013, 03:58 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
My usual Workout process in the evening 5 days a week:
  1. Lower Back: 50 Repetitions, 2 sets of 25, 110 lb
  2. Vertical Traction: 45 Repetitions, 3 sets of 15, 110 lb
  3. Bench press: 28-32 Repetitions, 3 sets, 1 set of 14-16, 2 sets of 8, 80 lb
  4. Bicep Curls: 30-32 Repetitions, 1 set of 20 at 35 lb & 1 set of 12-15 at 45 lb
  5. Arm Extensions: 30-32 Repetitions, 1 set of 20 at 35 lb & 1 set of 12-15 at 45 lb
  6. Leg Press: 55-65 Repetitions, 3 sets, 240 lb
  7. Leg extensions: 45-50 Repetitions, 2 sets, 110 lb
Total time: 40-50 minutes.

Plus I have to walk 1.26 miles from car to building and back every day due to parking restrictions at my university and 5-10 minutes between classes, hence I reserve some energy for that as well. Trust me, this workout exercises all of my body parts and makes me much more energetic. I feel invigorated while walking 1.26 miles back to my car instead of tired and lethargic.

I am surprised that a lot of women here lift heavy weight. In my gym, its rare to see women in the weight room, and almost all struggle to bench press more than 60-70 lb even after weeks of practice. I wonder why .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-03-2013 at 04:08 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Leg Press: 55-65 Repetitions, 3 sets, 240 lb
What is a lower back, vertical traction & arm extensions? I think you are referring to machines, correct?
2 sets per exercise with anywhere between 28-65 reps?????
What's up with all the repetitions? What is your goal?
For a guy as young as you, your leg press weights is whimpy. Scheez, I do 410 lbs & I'm 53 & female!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am surprised that a lot of women here lift heavy weight. In my gym, its rare to see women in the weight room, and almost all struggle to bench press more than 60-70 lb even after weeks of practice. I wonder why .
As for women who lift heavy...or not, like at your gym...what gym do you go to?
I don't know why the women at your gym are not making progress. Are they doing their own thing? That could be the problem right there. Do you know who is doing their programming? Do you know what their programming is? What their goals are? And, anyways...really, what business is it of yours?

I know a lot of people post their programing (sets/repetitions) & weights here on CD. I don't mean to sound snobby, so forgive me in advance if I do (i was corrected once for sharing this info on FB). So, I do not share those details, as proprietary info (programming) belongs to my trainer. We meet our predetermined goals.
incline bench (dbs) SS mtn climbers
cable fly SS push up walk outs
dips
tri ext
ball bridge
back ext
leg lift
scorpians

I noticed tonight when I was benching that I am overcompensating with my traps & deltoids. My neck still hurts from last week's 50 lb db press. I had the physical therapist at my gym watch me, and he confirmed that I was doing this. Waaa, I had to decrease the weights a notch so that I could reprogram the neuromuscular pattern correctly. But....I really want to be checked out by my Neurokinetic Therapy therapist, just to validate the info, and release the muscles that are overworked. Reprograming without the release is going to take longer. This is so important to work with knowledgable trainers, therapists, and PT's, especially for us older folk.

I normally work out 4 days/week. Tonight when I was leaving, my trainer kept asking/telling me to be there tomorrow night for cardio. Yep, got the hint. I told him I would if I could do machine-less cardio. He said, sure, that he had prowler sleds & kettlebells available. Sounds fun!! Except he's going to kick my ass tomorrow!!

Last edited by caligirlz; 12-03-2013 at 11:58 PM..

Old 12-04-2013, 04:30 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,821 times
Have packed on the muscle recently. Looking to cut now and reduce body fat. 6'4" and 225 pounds with 13% body fat, will hopefully become about 215 and 11% bf in a few weeks time. Today I did 30 mins intense cardio in the morning and 30 mins of crossfit in the evening.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:25 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
What is a lower back, vertical traction & arm extensions? I think you are referring to machines, correct?
2 sets per exercise with anywhere between 28-65 reps?????
What's up with all the repetitions? What is your goal?
For a guy as young as you, your leg press weights is whimpy. Scheez, I do 410 lbs & I'm 53 & female!
My ultimate is to get the weight down as much and quickly as possible I have set my aim at 181 lb by valentines day (just as a bookmark day, nothing special I am planning here).

I typically limit myself to 16-25 repetitions per set depending on the type of workout I do. I used to do 42 minutes of cardio initially for lowering my weight, only to find out my weight stayed fairly constant and the only byproduct was tiredness. Hence, I decided to switch over to this type of weights routine after talking with my cousin who has undergone incredible weight loss. It worked for him, and it is working for me as well, so I am happy.

410 lb is crazy ripped for either gender . Even the strongest guys not involved in NCAA sports at my gym struggle to do more than 340 lb. I am at 240 lb after starting out at 150 lb initially, which shows some progress. I break even at 290 lb, and above that I cant push the set of weights even once. I tried to go higher only to discover that I am stuck. At 240, I am comfortably able to do 16-25 reps per set, depending on my biorhythm. Gosh, only the football players at my gym do 410 lb for leg presses. Perhaps you should join the NCAA Division 1 as a punter .

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
As for women who lift heavy...or not, like at your gym...what gym do you go to? I don't know why the women at your gym are not making progress. Are they doing their own thing? That could be the problem right there. Do you know who is doing their programming? Do you know what their programming is? What their goals are? And, anyways...really, what business is it of yours?

I know a lot of people post their programing (sets/repetitions) & weights here on CD. I don't mean to sound snobby, so forgive me in advance if I do (i was corrected once for sharing this info on FB). So, I do not share those details, as proprietary info (programming) belongs to my trainer. We meet our predetermined goals.
I go to the Rutgers University gym. It is not a business of mine to inquire their workout routine, but I want to know why there are vast differences between what women do as a workout routine on this forum and what I observe at my gym. I personally have never seen a woman dead lift or bench press more than 100 lb, and those gals are considered ripped here. In this forum, I hear women doing much higher weights than 100 lb for those exercises. Like I said, my question is out off understanding the factors involved in different workout patterns, not to be intrusive. Thanks for clarifying my queries.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-04-2013 at 06:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness