Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:52 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
In the land of humans, sports bras are a pretty new invention. Native Americans didn't have them and they seem to get along just fine. Pretty sure they ran in actual woods and not on a treadmill in a heated/air conditioned gym. Or maybe it was just the Senecas who lived outdoors.
They also didn't have the weird hormones in their food that we have that likely contributed to the explosion in breast size. And native Americans didn't have maxi pads etc, so they had to hang out in the corner while menstruating instead of continuing with daily life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 09:57 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have this one, it works great! (34Hish here) Suitable for jogging!

I also have this: Amazon.com: Shock Absorber Women's Extreme Support Sports Bra Top #4490: Clothing and it is also great. The Freya has better shape. The Shock absorber is a bit of a pain to put on, but is more comfy. Also excellent for running and jumping.

This one gets raves, but I haven't tried it:
Amazon.com: Panache Women's Underwired Sports Bra: Clothing
Awesome. I clicked on this thread for a quick laugh and got useful info!

I hate the way sports bras give me uniboob, especially since it makes my seatbelt slide up around my neck on the way to the gym.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:02 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
With all these years of viewing National Geographic magazines it seems to me that the tribal gals who don't wear bras get pretty droopy, but the western gals who do wear bras seem to keep their shape for a lot longer...that's just my observation.
Exactly!

Honestly I was think more along the lines of those "older" women on day shift at the strip clubs; they have sagging and due to their jobs, they are pretty much sans bra on a daily....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Maybe for petite French women, but a triple D needs a bra.
Exactly! I ain't giving mine up either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know women in their 40's--50's who have never worn a bra and they still look like teenagers.
As a counter, I know girls in their 20's who look like they have two fried eggs hanging on nails.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:09 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times
"As a counter, I know girls in their 20's who look like they have two fried eggs hanging on nails."

So long as they didn't have double yolks.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:12 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
They also didn't have the weird hormones in their food that we have that likely contributed to the explosion in breast size. And native Americans didn't have maxi pads etc, so they had to hang out in the corner while menstruating instead of continuing with daily life.
I hate to break it to you, but Native American women didn't get to sit and have a spa day while menstruating. In many tribes, they still worked and had children to take care. While Always and Tampax didn't exist, they somehow managed to carry on with life.

No in Africa they don't have weird hormones in their food. Many just don't have food! And most food is imported and Lord knows what's actually in it!

Old 02-21-2014, 10:24 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,365 times
Bras and other undergarments were invented by women all across the world over thousands of years. The oldest was found in India, and they date back to the Middle Ages in Europe. The idea of women wearing undergarments is NOT a new one.

It's only because of the modernization of undergarments, which culminated to the commercialization and companies headed by men that is causing people these days to question wearing bras. Bras were around for a long, long time well before women linked to to the "evils of patriarchy" but it's the sex sells culture that people don't like.

I really don't care if women choose not to wear bras, but keep in mind the environment you are in, the people you are around and the work you do. It's not sensible to go without a bra if you have large breasts with big nipples and a tendency to bounce. If yours tend to stay put and you don't deal with the fiasco known as nipping out, you can probably get away with it. I am sometimes around teenage boys and there is NO WAY in hell I am going braless around them. It wouldn't matter how many layers I wore-- can we say jiggle?

Old 02-21-2014, 11:15 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Oh brother. They're just BOOBS! EVERYONE has them!

Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 PM

358 posts, read 512,686 times
We can study Lindsey Lohan's breasts. I don't think she owns a bra.

They used to be so beautiful, but I am afraid they are headed for the dumpster.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 PM

358 posts, read 512,686 times
Quote:
So?

Old 02-22-2014, 12:31 AM

191 posts, read 220,896 times
Quote:
Man boobs are hardly the same. Unless you are are a woman bigger than an A cup, you just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty