Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 01:48 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerDarling View Post
It is not always the looks thingy, sometimes there are practical reasons.
Laughing with you, not at you.
Have you tried Sports bras? They're amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 04:23 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am pretty rough with all by stuff... but the expensive ones break just as fast. I serious need the underwire. I am carry a full load ! I can't wear anthing twice without washing it ... I will go nuts. I think I might just remove some of the really nice ones and reserve for the bed room and the other ones forget about. I have over a dozen bras in cirulations right now so they don't exactly get that much wear. They are good quality brand too. I am pretty sure the size is okay too.
What the heck do you do when you go on vacation? Bring 3 suitcases for the week?

Old 03-24-2017, 09:52 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
What the heck do you do when you go on vacation? Bring 3 suitcases for the week?
I am packing for a trip right now lol. I alway pack enough so I have a clean bra, underwear and outfit per day. Worse case I hand wash and hang dry some some as I go. I dont travel lighr lol.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:01 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
The hand washing game changer for me has two parts. I got a cheap plastic tub to do at home pedicures and foot soaks. Only did that a few times. Now I use that tub to wash lingerie. It makes it easy. I live in a studio apartment so clogging the kitchen or bathroom sink doesn't really work. Second, I purchased this lingerie wash called Soak. It is very gentle and no rinsing. You soak for 5-15 minutes. It leaves things clean and fresh. Some things may need a longer or hotter soak, but it works great. Now hand washing is much easier.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:30 AM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Another possible reason is that they aren't the right size. Have you been fitted by a professional bra fitter? Around 80% of us are wearing the wrong size. I thought I wore a 38DD, and after going to the bra fitter, I found out I wore a 34H. When I got bras in the right size, they not only lasted longer, they fit me much better, and proper fit reduces the incidence of stabbing, poking, and protruding underwires. Properly fitting bras should fit snug to tight on your ribcage and hold the girls up high and proud. The breasts shouldn't slump down, no matter how chesty you are (trust me, I know. I'm huge and my bras hold even my boobs up high). The third possible cause is buying cheap crappy bras. Victoria's Secret is NOT all that. There are many other brands, (depending on your size) that can last you for years and if you shop carefully, you can catch sales and save a lot of money.
What does a bra-fitter know that a bra-wearer doesn't know?
How do bra-fitters have the ability to determine the right bra size for someone, and where do they learn that skill?
Did the bra-fitter tell you enough about it so you now can be a bra-fitter too?

Old 03-25-2017, 09:32 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitemsohard View Post
What does a bra-fitter know that a bra-wearer doesn't know?
How do bra-fitters have the ability to determine the right bra size for someone, and where do they learn that skill?
Did the bra-fitter tell you enough about it so you now can be a bra-fitter too?
A good bra fitter will explain the details of good fit to you, and you'll know what to look for moving forward. Probably half of all women with DD+ cup sizes are wearing the wrong one, because you tend to keep sizing up into a size that encloses your breasts without thinking about the band due to sizes available in most stores. Like tall people who buy the largest size for the length.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:49 AM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
A good bra fitter will explain the details of good fit to you, and you'll know what to look for moving forward. Probably half of all women with DD+ cup sizes are wearing the wrong one, because you tend to keep sizing up into a size that encloses your breasts without thinking about the band due to sizes available in most stores. Like tall people who buy the largest size for the length.
Oo yeah I see what you mean thanks

Old 03-25-2017, 09:53 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I went to Europe for 10 days with a carry-on. I can't imagine having to wash everything every time I wore it. Yikes!

Old 03-25-2017, 10:13 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly. What us chesty gals do is assume that regular bras in the store will fit us, so we keep going up on the band instead of the cup so the bra doesn't support well enough. It ends up being too loose all over, and we wear them like that so long we think we're wearing the right size. I did that until I was 37 years old and I finally went up so high on the band size I couldn't go up any more. I'm only a little overweight, hadn't gained any weight, so what the heck was the problem? So I went to a specialty lingerie store and the bra fitter looked at my boobs and instantly pronounced me a 34H instead of the 38DD I had been wearing. She didn't even use the measuring tape. The new bras work much better.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:24 AM

711 posts, read 688,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. What us chesty gals do is assume that regular bras in the store will fit us, so we keep going up on the band instead of the cup so the bra doesn't support well enough. It ends up being too loose all over, and we wear them like that so long we think we're wearing the right size. I did that until I was 37 years old and I finally went up so high on the band size I couldn't go up any more. I'm only a little overweight, hadn't gained any weight, so what the heck was the problem? So I went to a specialty lingerie store and the bra fitter looked at my boobs and instantly pronounced me a 34H instead of the 38DD I had been wearing. She didn't even use the measuring tape. The new bras work much better.
I think another good thing about a good bra fitter is that they know their stock and they understand the differences in each style. I've been provided with 5 or more different bras in my size by a fitter. She described how the bras were likely to fit and she pretty well nailed it. Two fit well, one was meh, the other two simply weren't comfortable. I really don't think the average busy woman can order a 38DDD online and expect the same fit from every bra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty