Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:09 AM

409 posts, read 1,236,946 times

Advertisements

"Tattoos are the birth mark of a idiot" - Anon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 06:35 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
"Tattoos are the birth mark of a idiot" - Anon
Not always true.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:43 AM

Not many quotes are meant to be 'always true'. And it was an 'anonymous quote', not my quote (though I happen to agree with it).

At the last ComicCon I saw many tattoos. Mostly on 20-somethings. One young girl had what looked like the decapitated head of Wednesday Adams crying bloody tears on her arm. I'll bet that's going to look good in 20 years. "Grandma, why do you have a cut-off head crying blood on your arm?"

Old 12-20-2006, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Not many quotes are meant to be 'always true'. And it was an 'anonymous quote', not my quote (though I happen to agree with it).

At the last ComicCon I saw many tattoos. Mostly on 20-somethings. One young girl had what looked like the decapitated head of Wednesday Adams crying bloody tears on her arm. I'll bet that's going to look good in 20 years. "Grandma, why do you have a cut-off head crying blood on your arm?"
There are some things that people get tats of that you wonder what the hell they were thinking. But, you never know if it had a meaning to them or not. If you think about it though, the generation that is typically covered in the tattoos (18-30 year olds of today) are going to be the ones that are the CEOs and Owners of companies of the future. So the whole thing about "tattoos being unprofessional" will be more acceptable. I personally look forward to it. Just because I have a tatto does not make me an idiot, or some wreckless 18 year old with an ID and feeling rebelious. My tattoos mean something to me, and if people can't accept them.. then that's fine. But why judge me on them? Its like me trying to judge you on your favorite color or the fact that you wear your hair in a ponytail. Its what YOU like.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
There are some things that people get tats of that you wonder what the hell they were thinking. But, you never know if it had a meaning to them or not. If you think about it though, the generation that is typically covered in the tattoos (18-30 year olds of today) are going to be the ones that are the CEOs and Owners of companies of the future. So the whole thing about "tattoos being unprofessional" will be more acceptable. I personally look forward to it. Just because I have a tatto does not make me an idiot, or some wreckless 18 year old with an ID and feeling rebelious. My tattoos mean something to me, and if people can't accept them.. then that's fine. But why judge me on them? Its like me trying to judge you on your favorite color or the fact that you wear your hair in a ponytail. Its what YOU like.
True enough - but I can change the color of my hair, my clothes, buy a different car, etc. But that Wednesday Adams tattoo is going to be with that girl for life - and it WILL effect how people view her, it WILL make a bad first impression, and it WILL effect her future.

If it doesn't effect anything then why do people cover up their tattoos when the go on job interviews? I'm not saying it is right, or good, or whatever, but if someone can't show their tattoo then they themselves know it effect how they are viewed.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:21 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
Quote:
True enough - but I can change the color of my hair, my clothes, buy a different car, etc. But that Wednesday Adams tattoo is going to be with that girl for life - and it WILL effect how people view her, it WILL make a bad first impression, and it WILL effect her future.

If it doesn't effect anything then why do people cover up their tattoos when the go on job interviews? I'm not saying it is right, or good, or whatever, but if someone can't show their tattoo then they themselves know it effect how they are viewed.
They cover them because there are a lot of closed minded people that do judge them.

It's a personal decision a person makes but it does not make the person. There's a lot more to a person then a tattoo and isn't there bigger & better things to concern ones self with?

The girl who has the tattoo mentioned might be sorry she got it one day but so what? It's not the end of the world and she can have it covered with another tattoo or removed.

Quote:
"Tattoos are the birth mark of a idiot" - Anon.
Not all quotes are true, so is that your opinion and that's why you quoted the person? Just trying to understand why you would post such a quote?

Old 12-20-2006, 11:22 AM

I can't think of an intelligent reason for making one's body into a billboard.

Once upon a time you would get a tattoo in remembrance of a loved one or to honor your branch of the service. That, although I don't agree with, I can understand. But if I see another idiot with a tweety bird, speedy gonzales, elmer fudd, or some other cartoon character I think I'll scream.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 AM

I have never seen a single tattoo that made me think "Gee, I'd like to have that on my body for the rest of my life".

Old 12-20-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I have never seen a single tattoo that made me think "Gee, I'd like to have that on my body for the rest of my life".
That's because it is probably something that means something to THEM. That's why they have it.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:21 PM

Yea ..... there's a conservation starter - "Excuse me, I can't help but notice that you have a tattoo of tweety bird on your arm. Can you tell me the deep significance tweety has played in your life?"

Or how about "I noticed you have the same design tattoed on your arm that many of the football players have. Can you tell me what deep significance this design has played in your life? Does it have a name? Could you not think of something original to mark yourself with?"

Or maybe "I noticed your severed Wednesday Adams head crying blood on your arm. I'm sorry, but the job you applied for has been filled."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty