Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
B4U B4U started this thread

3,612 posts, read 8,294,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Leftovers

(Gosh - I was sure hoping that when this thread rolled over again, we could get back to the original name of this thread that it was for so long when Cynwildkat originated it!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I do believe it was called "Whats for dinner tonight in your neighborhood"?
This was the original thread I believe.

11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
cynwldkat

I just want to have fun!!

What's for dinner tonight???
I couldn't find a thread covering this but I could have missed it if there is one. Anyhow, I don't know about anyone else but I am so tired of just figuring out WHAT to make for dinner each night!! I get stuck making the same dishes and it's getting old fast!! Please help by giving us all some interesting and easy ideas!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then it became this:

09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
SATX56
"Fire All Of Your Guns At Once"

What's for Dinner September---?? 2010
What did or are you having for Dinner continues!! Tell us what you are having and perhaps a brief description or ??

11-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Beretta

Please start a new What's for Dinner thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is when a newer one ended that one.

11-13-2010, 12:58 PM
B4U

What's for Dinner tonight in your neighborhood?
Thanks Beretta for closing other "what's" thread. For forever it said Sept., so I didn't know to visit it for current meals.

Here's mine for tonight...11/13/2010

I think I'm gonna go easy tonight with grilled dogs or stadium brauts, hm potato salad, & ceasar salad.

This was the last post on this thread:

09-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Beretta

new thread can be found here: NEW: What's on Tonight's Dinner Menu?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those who have been here for years, I understand the sentimentality for keeping the original. But time moves on and changes occur, with new members (me) joining and old ones going away, if only temp. or not.

But the original thread would be thousands of pages long.
That's why it's UPDATED from time to time.
Just like those products you buy that say "NEW & IMPROVED", all the while you thinking, "well, what was I buying before? What was wrong with it?"

So to honor the original poster, cynwldkat my apologies for being belated. Thank you for starting this idea/thread.

HAPPY EATING & SHARING!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 PM

Came home from work around 2:30pm and putzed around for awhile, not feeling it and pouring cats & dogsoutside, it was perfect for taking a nap. It (the nap) lasted 4 Hours! OMG! For me that's almost a full night's sleep!
I got up dragging my feet too, but managed to feed the weiner-dog ,
and thaw some red gravy and make some buccatini, and saute some frozen broccoli with garlic and parmesan. That's it. That's all I've done in the past 2 1/2 hours and done for the day. I think bedtime is right around the corner again, too. ???
I sure hope tomorrow I have more energy.

Last edited by B4U; 09-20-2011 at 08:57 PM..

Old 09-21-2011, 01:39 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
This was the original thread I believe.

11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
cynwldkat

I just want to have fun!!

What's for dinner tonight???
I couldn't find a thread covering this but I could have missed it if there is one. Anyhow, I don't know about anyone else but I am so tired of just figuring out WHAT to make for dinner each night!! I get stuck making the same dishes and it's getting old fast!! Please help by giving us all some interesting and easy ideas!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then it became this:

09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
SATX56
"Fire All Of Your Guns At Once"

What's for Dinner September---?? 2010
What did or are you having for Dinner continues!! Tell us what you are having and perhaps a brief description or ??

11-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Beretta

Please start a new What's for Dinner thread.

This is when a newer one ended that one.

11-13-2010, 12:58 PM
B4U

What's for Dinner tonight in your neighborhood?
Thanks Beretta for closing other "what's" thread. For forever it said Sept., so I didn't know to visit it for current meals.

Here's mine for tonight...11/13/2010

I think I'm gonna go easy tonight with grilled dogs or stadium brauts, hm potato salad, & ceasar salad.

This was the last post on this thread:

09-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Beretta

new thread can be found here: NEW: What's on Tonight's Dinner Menu?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those who have been here for years, I understand the sentimentality for keeping the original. But time moves on and changes occur, with new members (me) joining and old ones going away, if only temp. or not.

But the original thread would be thousands of pages long.
That's why it's UPDATED from time to time.
Just like those products you buy that say "NEW & IMPROVED", all the while you thinking, "well, what was I buying before? What was wrong with it?"

So to honor the original poster, cynwldkat my apologies for being belated. Thank you for starting this idea/thread.

HAPPY EATING & SHARING!

I am sorry that my comment irritated you to this extent. I was only feeling nostalgic at the moment, having been with this thread for so long. Please accept my sincere and utmost apologies for having upset you. That was not my intent.

When the name was changed, many of us "old timers" were wishing it had remained the same. As with any thread, the OP deserves the respect and recognition of the original idea, especially one that so many of us have come to love and enjoy.

When I read your response, it sounds very sarcastic - the caps and the italics and the whole "new and improved" diatribe. Perhaps that was not your intent, but the sarcasm was evident.

Sorry my fellow foodies - I tried not to respond in a negative fashion, but I simply could not refrain from it. Most of you know me, and know I hate this type of thing. I sincerely apologize to all of you.

Tonight was KFC.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:06 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Took advantage of a great fish sale this week, and?

Fish Baked in White Wine, Hungarian Style, w/mushrooms, potatoes, sour cream. Y-u-m-m-y!!!

Fish Bake w/Spinach and Potatoes. Also very good, but not as yummy!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I am sorry that my comment irritated you to this extent. I was only feeling nostalgic at the moment, having been with this thread for so long. Please accept my sincere and utmost apologies for having upset you. That was not my intent.

When the name was changed, many of us "old timers" were wishing it had remained the same. As with any thread, the OP deserves the respect and recognition of the original idea, especially one that so many of us have come to love and enjoy.

When I read your response, it sounds very sarcastic - the caps and the italics and the whole "new and improved" diatribe. Perhaps that was not your intent, but the sarcasm was evident.

Sorry my fellow foodies - I tried not to respond in a negative fashion, but I simply could not refrain from it. Most of you know me, and know I hate this type of thing. I sincerely apologize to all of you.

Tonight was KFC.
I don't know why you thought your comment irratated me. It did not.
If I am anything, I'm nostalgic. (check my posts if you question that.)
As far as respect, I think I acknowledged that too. If the smilies conveyed anything but, I apologize.
As far as italics, etc. it's only to mark the different sections/titles to the original thread & make it easier for the reader aware of the time frame from one thread to another. And it worked. And it was work.
If you took it as sarcasm, sorry, but it did the job. Diatribe-NOT. "what was wrong with it", was the whole point of my explaining each new thread title.
If the same title was kept, no one, or, everyone (veteran & newbie, alike) would be searching for which was the updated thread, having to go thru which was the updated, after seeing CLOSED on the old ones.

So, I did take the time and did the hunting around here, to once and for all, explain and put in perspective, the history of the topic.
And isn't it the topic what's most important.
So, though you may have been the precipitious to that & this post, I WANTED to do that one; this one to clear up my reason for doing it.
I'm really not all the bad you think.
And now that you've read this, forget the whole matter and have a good day.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:53 AM

I had to go check the freezer, fridge, pantry because I couldn't think of anything that appealed to me.
I came up with grilled ham steak & au gratin pots, & ??? Maybe a beet salad.

I feel like baking today, but it's still getting to the low 90°s, feels like 98-100, so that's a dream.
Ah well.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Kats, thank you for even thinking of me in regards to this thread. This thread was my passion--even though cooking is not! Ha! I love the ideas and the people who post here. You were one of the original posters too so you and I go a long way back. Again thank you! You are not only a poster here but a friend!

B4U, Thank you too for keeping this thread going. Names change but the content is basically the same. All is good!! I appreciate everyone that remembers the beginning of this thread. I don't think anyone ment anything bad it was just a comment so come on guys--back to what's for dinner????? We are just one big happy family--right???

And Kats, again thanks for thinking about me.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
B4U--I just love those little guys at the end of your "thanking me" post--so cute. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:33 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Kats, B4U, big foodie hugs and snugs. Smooches to Cyn.

This thread is to celebrate the junction between stomach and brain.

Have I talked enough nonsense to distract you yet?

Dinner tonight is casserole made of my leftover chicken, rice, and soy-mushroom gravy.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:48 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,076,236 times
Cleaned out lots of leftovers last night and the best thing was I didn't have to cook. Now it's back to daily life... have to cook again. Can you tell that cooking is NOT something I really like to do?

Tonight will be Ranch chicken, buttered parsley potatoes, and mixed vegetables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink